Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After the Draft: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

I have a feeling TY is going to end up back for one more run and have felt that way most of the off-season.  I think Ballard is just waiting on TY to realize he’s not going to get another huge pay day and that if he wants to play he’s going to have to take less than he was expecting.  

I’ve felt all along that the rumors of another team making offers at TY was stuff being leaked from TY’s camp to try to make Ballard blink and up his offer.  If there was truly a better offer out there I think TY would have signed it by now.  

I could be 100% wrong on all of this but that’s what I think is going on.

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I have a feeling TY is going to end up back for one more run and have felt that way most of the off-season.  I think Ballard is just waiting on TY to realize he’s not going to get another huge pay day and that if he wants to play he’s going to have to take less than he was expecting.  

I’ve felt all along that the rumors of another team making offers at TY was stuff being leaked from TY’s camp to try to make Ballard blink and up his offer.  If there was truly a better offer out there I think TY would have signed it by now.  

My guess is Chris is just waiting on TY to accept a team friendly offer that was floated at the end of the season. I'm bet Chris said "we want you back, but only have XX dollars to spend. If you want to hit 10K with Indy and retire here, here's what I can offer...."

Then TY said I'm going to explore... He's had time to explore. He's now probably wondering if the offer is still good lol. 

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I predicted TY would be back as far as June. It still may not happen but with Julio in Tampa the %'s go way up.

I'm sure the decision to potentially retire is also on the table. I always thought it was Colts or retire for him this year. Never thought he'd end up with any other team. 

I wonder if he's waiting to see how the team does in TC and the teams reaction to Matt Ryan before committing if he wants to play this year or not. I'd bet her only wants to play one more year if he feels the team can actually make a run. 

31 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

I'm sure the decision to potentially retire is also on the table. I always thought it was Colts or retire for him this year. Never thought he'd end up with any other team. 

I wonder if he's waiting to see how the team does in TC and the teams reaction to Matt Ryan before committing if he wants to play this year or not. I'd bet her only wants to play one more year if he feels the team can actually make a run. 

Yes Keefer said that was still a possibility.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I predicted TY would be back as far as June. It still may not happen but with Julio in Tampa the %'s go way up.

With Strachan looking less likely to make the 53, I think the front runner for WR6 is now Coutee.    And with his injury history, I would think TYH’s chances are looking better. 

DeForest Buckner's response when asked about the Colts late-season collapse last year:

During his Tuesday press conference, Indianapolis defensive lineman DeForest Buckner was asked if the way last season ended impacted the way he thinks about 2022. “Definitely,” Buckner said. “We s**t the bed last year. I mean, excuse my language, but when it came down to it, we needed that win to get into the playoffs and nobody played well. It wasn’t just one person, it was the entire team. And we shot ourselves in the foot. We looked at all the work we’d put in to get back out of the hole early in the year, playing some really good games, competing with the best of them in the league — and beating the best of them in the league. And it came to the point where we needed that one more win and we didn’t come through.

“It was a terrible feeling. And it lingered for a while. Just coming into this offseason, into OTAs, we mentioned it and we put it in the rearview, and just pressed on and moved forward.”

Buckner added that his mentality is to learn from what happened last year but not to dwell on it.

“It’s a learning experience, obviously,” Buckner said. “And like I said, it was definitely a feeling that nobody liked at all. We were excited to get this season going to get away from that feeling.”

The Colts seem like they’re in a position to at least be competitive in the AFC South, if not win the division outright in 2022. But another late-season collapse could prompt team owner Jim Irsay to make some major changes for 2023.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/deforest-buckner-t-bed-last-212910615.html

5 minutes ago, philba101 said:

DeForest Buckner's response when asked about the Colts late-season collapse last year:

During his Tuesday press conference, Indianapolis defensive lineman DeForest Buckner was asked if the way last season ended impacted the way he thinks about 2022. “Definitely,” Buckner said. “We s**t the bed last year. I mean, excuse my language, but when it came down to it, we needed that win to get into the playoffs and nobody played well. It wasn’t just one person, it was the entire team. And we shot ourselves in the foot. We looked at all the work we’d put in to get back out of the hole early in the year, playing some really good games, competing with the best of them in the league — and beating the best of them in the league. And it came to the point where we needed that one more win and we didn’t come through.

“It was a terrible feeling. And it lingered for a while. Just coming into this offseason, into OTAs, we mentioned it and we put it in the rearview, and just pressed on and moved forward.”

Buckner added that his mentality is to learn from what happened last year but not to dwell on it.

“It’s a learning experience, obviously,” Buckner said. “And like I said, it was definitely a feeling that nobody liked at all. We were excited to get this season going to get away from that feeling.”

The Colts seem like they’re in a position to at least be competitive in the AFC South, if not win the division outright in 2022. But another late-season collapse could prompt team owner Jim Irsay to make some major changes for 2023.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/deforest-buckner-t-bed-last-212910615.html

At first when we lost to the Jags, I was disappointed, upset, shocked. This went on for around 2 weeks. After the shock wore off I started to realize this may be the best thing to ever happen to this core team. I have been saying that for months now. #1 - It forced us to trade Wentz and we ended up with Matt Ryan which is huge. Wentz wasn't taking us anywhere, #2 - this type of loss is a feeling that players like Buck/Taylor/Nelson/Maniac/Moore, etc. never want to feel again. Lesson learned IMO, I think we come out smokin on opening day!

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

At first when we lost to the Jags, I was disappointed, upset, shocked. This went on for around 2 weeks. After the shock wore off I started to realize this may be the best thing to ever happen to this core team. I have been saying that for months now. #1 - It forced us to trade Wentz and we ended up with Matt Ryan which is huge. Wentz wasn't taking us anywhere, #2 - this type of loss is a feeling that players like Buck/Taylor/Nelson/Maniac/Moore, etc. never want to feel again. Lesson learned IMO, I think we come out smokin on opening day!

To follow this up I had a strong feeling we were moving on from Wentz after that loss, Irsay was so angry so I was ok with it.

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You could be right. Sometimes collapses like last year can galvanize a team to respond in a way that ensures they won't have to feel that way again. The mantra for this year then is the following: Make the layups, and don't s**t the bed again.

5 minutes ago, philba101 said:

You could be right. Sometimes collapses like last year can galvanize a team to respond in a way that ensures they won't have to feel that way again. The mantra for this year then is the following: Make the layups, and don't s**t the bed again.

Yeah it is too bad really because at first I did hate the Wentz trade, then Wentz started to show me promise so I was in here defending him. I really thought when we were 9-6 we were on our way to do some damage in the playoffs. Then the last 2 games, Wentz didn't even show up. I liked Wentz at times, I thought his numbers were good for the most part but in crucial situations in big games he killed this team = Tennessee (2nd)game, Bucs game, Raiders game, Jags game. We realistically could've won 12 or 13 games had we had a QB that didn't crap the bed in crunch time.

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it is too bad really because at first I did hate the Wentz trade, then Wentz started to show me promise so I was in here defending him. I really thought when we were 9-6 we were on our way to do some damage in the playoffs. Then the last 2 games, Wentz didn't even show up. I liked Wentz at times, I thought his numbers were good for the most part but in crucial situations in big games he killed this team = Tennessee (2nd)game, Bucs game, Raiders game, Jags game. We realistically could've won 12 or 13 games had we had a QB that didn't crap the bed in crunch time.

Yup. I became a Wentz fan/defender for a while there. Seemed like he was actually getting it together and knew what to do. Then he just fell apart. I know it wasn't ALL on him, but he didn't do us any favors in some crucial/crunch moments.

• w87r locked and unpinned this topic

Archived