Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After the Draft: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Very different situations IMO. ATL likely could have gotten more, but were in a rush to make the situation (stink of Watson attempt, and horrendous cap) go away. As far as the Panthers go, I don't really see it as desperate. Very low risk cheap move. But I agree changes are likely coming. I'm a little surprised Seattle didn't grab him at that price. 

Seattle probably wants to suck just enough they are within striking distance of a new QB in the draft.  Baker is not a bad QB just not a great one.  Combine him with Pete Carrol and they would win some ball games but be in that no man’s land of just missing or making the playoffs. Looks like they want to retool and get a guy on a rookie contract

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Seattle probably wants to suck just enough they are within striking distance of a new QB in the draft.  Baker is not a bad QB just not a great one.  Combine him with Pete Carrol and they would win some ball games but be in that no man’s land of just missing or making the playoffs. Looks like they want to retool and get a guy on a rookie contract

I think Baker can be top 10ish if he's in the right system, with decent talent around him. He'll likely have that with the Panthers. Biggest factor IMO will be the OL. 

And the combination of Rhule/McAdoo will likely be a good thing for Baker. McAdoo will likely run WC with a good amount of hurry up. McAdoo IMO, is much better than a lot of folks think. They only recall his time with the Giants as HC, instead of his lead up to that job. 

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think Baker can be top 10ish if he's in the right system, with decent talent around him. He'll likely have that with the Panthers. Biggest factor IMO will be the OL. 

And the combination of Rhule/McAdoo will likely be a good thing for Baker. McAdoo will likely run WC with a good amount of hurry up. McAdoo IMO, is much better than a lot of folks think. They only recall his time with the Giants as HC, instead of his lead up to that job. 

He is definitely a qualified coach and has been in the league for almost 20yrs. I wish that team the best bc if there was ever a time to make a run, now is it.  Saints will be decent but beatable. Falcons are a mess.  TB does have Brady so division goes through them. 

TB, GB, Dallas, and LA are locks for the playoffs. Leaves AZ, Philly, SF, NO, WAS and Carolina going for the final three spots.  Maybe MN bc they have a capable QB but i do not know enough about them and their schedule. Door is open for the Panthers to make the playoffs. 

25 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

He is definitely a qualified coach and has been in the league for almost 20yrs. I wish that team the best bc if there was ever a time to make a run, now is it.  Saints will be decent but beatable. Falcons are a mess.  TB does have Brady so division goes through them. 

TB, GB, Dallas, and LA are locks for the playoffs. Leaves AZ, Philly, SF, NO, WAS and Carolina going for the final three spots.  Maybe MN bc they have a capable QB but i do not know enough about them and their schedule. Door is open for the Panthers to make the playoffs. 

I'd put my locks as TB, GB, and LAR. 

Dallas is very borderline for me. And Philly and WA both improved their rosters. 

Dallas should win the division, but they've underperformed way too much in the past for me to give them lock status. 

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Dallas is very borderline for me. And Philly and WA both improved their rosters. 

Dallas should win the division, but they've underperformed way too much in the past for me to give them lock status. 

Very fair assessment.  Im rooting for Washington and Carson Wentz. Obviously it didnt work for us but I want him to do well for himself. They have a sneaky good team there in DC.  I hope Philly and Dallas implode lol

10 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Very fair assessment.  Im rooting for Washington and Carson Wentz. Obviously it didnt work for us but I want him to do well for himself. They have a sneaky good team there in DC.  I hope Philly and Dallas implode lol

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Dallas won the division, but wouldn't be shocked at all if they didn't. 

Philly's got a really nice roster. Not sold on their QB, but I think he's a great kid. If he takes a step forward, they'll compete for the division. 

WA is likely to have a pretty decent O. Wentz will have a better OL than he did last season, and much better WRs. Gibson had 1000+ rushing last season too. Their DL is great, but the rest of the D is suspect. The secondary does have some talent and potential though. 

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Kind of like us, IMHO.

25 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Dallas won the division, but wouldn't be shocked at all if they didn't. 

Philly's got a really nice roster. Not sold on their QB, but I think he's a great kid. If he takes a step forward, they'll compete for the division. 

WA is likely to have a pretty decent O. Wentz will have a better OL than he did last season, and much better WRs. Gibson had 1000+ rushing last season too. Their DL is great, but the rest of the D is suspect. The secondary does have some talent and potential though. 

Jalen Hurts has an all pro personality.  I remember the natty he was pulled from at halftime.  It was less than 2min after the game and the sideline reporter was asking him how he felt being benched and watching Tua win.  I thought it was a slimy move to steal that moment from a young man and bot wait until the press conference but he was gracious.  He stayed as a backup the next year and won the SEC championship game for them and got his degree before he transferred. 

I think he is an exceptional leader but an average NFL QB at best. Too bad bc you cant help but root for a guy like him. Sucks he is in Philly, their media and fans are really tough on the players. 

Washingtons success relies on their D.  If they are above average they will have success.  Wentz will do enough to keep them in ball games but the other two phases will need to help win some games as well. Should be fun to watch even tho they have a stupid name now

4 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Jalen Hurts has an all pro personality.  I remember the natty he was pulled from at halftime.  It was less than 2min after the game and the sideline reporter was asking him how he felt being benched and watching Tua win.  I thought it was a slimy move to steal that moment from a young man and bot wait until the press conference but he was gracious.  He stayed as a backup the next year and won the SEC championship game for them and got his degree before he transferred. 

I think he is an exceptional leader but an average NFL QB at best. Too bad bc you cant help but root for a guy like him. Sucks he is in Philly, their media and fans are really tough on the players. 

Washingtons success relies on their D.  If they are above average they will have success.  Wentz will do enough to keep them in ball games but the other two phases will need to help win some games as well. Should be fun to watch even tho they have a stupid name now

Yup, Hurts is simply a great kid. And yes, hard not to cheer for the guy. I think if used correctly, he'll be decent. I've never liked Philly though (always hated the fans), so hard for me to cheer for the team. 

McLaurin, Samuel, and Dotson could end up being a top 5 WR group if Samuels stays healthy, and Dotson translates quickly. Regardless, both will take some pressure off McLaurin. 

52 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

So it looks like wells is leaving espn and looks like Holder  is going to be the new espn reporter. So he will still be covering the Colts. I hope Zak gets a good partner for the one percent better podcast.

Wow, ESPN gets something right....

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

So it looks like wells is leaving espn and looks like Holder  is going to be the new espn reporter. So he will still be covering the Colts. I hope Zak gets a good partner for the one percent better podcast.

So I did hear what I thought I heard...

Congrats to Wells, apparently he's joining IU's faculty full time. Congrats to Holder, I hope he's still able to write for ESPN the way he wrote for The Athletic (and it makes sense why he didn't say anything specific about his next gig, didn't want to undermine Wells' departure).

And congrats to us Colts fans. Wells didn't bring anything to the beat. Even if Holder's tied to churning out .com nonsense for clicks, I expect he'll still drop some insightful pieces on a regular basis. I also assume The Athletic will add someone else? 

4 hours ago, Superman said:

So I did hear what I thought I heard...

Congrats to Wells, apparently he's joining IU's faculty full time. Congrats to Holder, I hope he's still able to write for ESPN the way he wrote for The Athletic (and it makes sense why he didn't say anything specific about his next gig, didn't want to undermine Wells' departure).

And congrats to us Colts fans. Wells didn't bring anything to the beat. Even if Holder's tied to churning out .com nonsense for clicks, I expect he'll still drop some insightful pieces on a regular basis. I also assume The Athletic will add someone else? 

Happy for Wells.   The journalism world is a difficult and scary world to live in these days, and it’s only getting harder.   

Thrilled for Holder who I think is really good.   Maybe not great, I don’t think anyone covering sports in the state of Indiana is great.  But I think all are in the range of above average to very good.   I think Holder is at the higher end of that range.  And I think ESPN, even with all their issues, is a better, more secure job than the Athletic.   So it looks like Holder left on his own and was NOT fired as some (one) had proclaimed. 

Doyle is the only print guy who really bothers me.   He tries too hard to be a contrarian so he can stand out. 

Not sure The Athletic hires someone to replace Holder?   Maybe.  Hope so.   It just feels like not enough Colts fans subscribe, so perhaps the site feels it would be wiser to cover the team with fewer people?   Dunno?   But colts fans don’t subscribe to The Athletic, or ESPN’s premium page,  or upgraded cable for the NFL Network.   We just don’t move the needle much.  

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Happy for Wells.   The journalism world is a difficult and scary world to live in these days, and it’s only getting harder.   

Thrilled for Holder who I think is really good.   Maybe not great, I don’t think anyone covering sports in the state of Indiana is great.  But I think all are in the range of above average to very good.   I think Holder is at the higher end of that range.  And I think ESPN, even with all their issues, is a better, more secure job than the Athletic.   So it looks like Holder left on his own and was NOT fired as some (one) had proclaimed. 

Doyle is the only print guy who really bothers me.   He tries too hard to be a contrarian so he can stand out. 

Not sure The Athletic hires someone to replace Holder?   Maybe.  Hope so.   It just feels like not enough Colts fans subscribe, so perhaps the site feels it would be wiser to cover the team with fewer people?   Dunno?   But colts fans don’t subscribe to The Athletic, or ESPN’s premium page,  or upgraded cable for the NFL Network.   We just don’t move the needle much.  

Doyle doesn't even count.

You might be right about their Colts team, but Holder and Keefer have been a two mean team at The Athletic for three years now. I was assuming that they weren't restructuring their coverage. And Holder suggested that things were fine, so I figured they'd replace him eventually. But who knows.

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Doesn’t Bob Kravitz still work for the athletic? Maybe he hooks Zach on the podcast. Looks like he covers the pacers more.

25 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Doesn’t Bob Kravitz still work for the athletic? Maybe he hooks Zach on the podcast. Looks like he covers the pacers more.

Yes. I think mostly B-Ball, but dips his toes elsewhere.

I know he wrote a piece on Buckner and Reich's spiritual connection.. 

54 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Yes….  I believe so….  And I think Kravitz is solid.   A good writer-columnist.   More from Kravitz would be a good thing. 

25 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Obj won’t be ready they said until Oct at earliest maybe Nov. but it could be a good move if this team is really good to add him for a playoff push.

I am still sticking by my original plan/opinion, I would bring back TY. Many in here say he is done but I think he is good for 4 or 5 games and come playoff time he has experience. 

Off topic but I am out of food and planned on grocery shopping tomorrow which I will. So I figured get me a quick fix. Taco Bell literally had 20 cars in the drive thru, so I tried White Castle, 10 more cars, then McDonalds and I swear they were lined up to the streets. So I was like I need gas anyone, lets try Thorton's to maybe grab a couple of sandwiches and there was like 40 people there lmao . What in the hell are people doing out at 11 o' clock at night?? I mean that many? Normally I would be at work or in bed or home. It is a freakin SUNDAY NIGHT! I ended up going to a pizza place 3 minutes away from my house and there was like 10 people there even Angry Homer Simpson GIF by FOX TV, so I just put my to go order in and got my pizza 20 minutes later. Pizza is great and now having a beer to calm my nerves. This whole week has been a cluster, I had a guy speeding through my complex where I do security at going like 100 MPH a few days ago, he nearly hit 2 cars and curbed his car but at that point it was out of my Jurisdiction and he sped off, gun shots rang out Saturday night as I was patrolling, and I got stuck on an elevator at work for the cherry on top for 2 hours. Not only that on my home from work this morning the longest train caught me. It was 30 minutes long. You have to be careful going anywhere as well, people are walking late at night and on bikes. That is scary when you driving and come up on people doing that. I mean for Pete's sake, do that crap during the day. 

I don't get people now days Homer Simpson GIF

33 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Just be careful what you say Stephen other wise you will end up like Golic, Cowherd, Cain, and Skip, I can't stand Skip but he just tells it like it is The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO). Can't take the heat get of the kitchen and Skip said that.  Act like Max and be fake saying what ESPN wants to hear and you will blend in fine brother. ESPN is in the pooper since roughly 2012 when freedom of speech went out the window.

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

What?!?     Holder wasn’t fired?!?   

It wasn’t his political tweets?!?   

He now has the best job of his career.  

Good!     For!      Him!!!    

Money wise it is the best job he has ever had, I wouldn't work for ESPN because at times I would have to be fake when I speak, but that would be hard to turn down. I am happy for him. Skip makes more at FOX and can say what he wants so does Cowherd. What ever makes people happy is what they should want :thmup:

The way I look at it is, as long as you don't threaten anyone or say something bad about an individual in a criminal way (of course like cuss too, etc..) you should be able to say what ever you want on any website. Everyone has different beliefs and until the world comes to a middle ground we are all in trouble. Food for thought. Time to sleep, my love goes out to the Mods in here as they do a good job. homer simpson episode 3 GIF

Not a fan of Stephen Holder but always good to see people get promoted to their dream job.

I personally don’t think many of the current Colts media do a very good job at following the team or digging in deep. A lot of simple easy to answer questions are asked. That’s just my thought. Not much will change with the Colts and ESPN.

27 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

This is interesting.

:dunno:

I know there's some on this forum that really liked N'Keal as a prospect and have been in favor of us trading for him, but even for the 7th round pick the Bears gave up, I wouldn't have. He's just never impressed me as a WR...

On 7/12/2022 at 2:47 PM, Shive said:

:dunno:

I know there's some on this forum that really liked N'Keal as a prospect and have been in favor of us trading for him, but even for the 7th round pick the Bears gave up, I wouldn't have. He's just never impressed me as a WR...

Billy B misses on wide-receivers a lot. 

Archived