Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After the Draft: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

On 7/12/2022 at 5:15 PM, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

This is interesting.

He asked to be traded last season, but NE refused. So not surprising. 

On 7/12/2022 at 5:47 PM, Shive said:

:dunno:

I know there's some on this forum that really liked N'Keal as a prospect and have been in favor of us trading for him, but even for the 7th round pick the Bears gave up, I wouldn't have. He's just never impressed me as a WR...

We're overstocked on bigs, so don't have a need.

Not really a huge fan of his, but he hasn't really had a decent QB. 

And the injury last season kept him out. 

Will be interesting to see how things go with Fields. Not really a big fan of his either, but I'd imagine NH will have his best season thus far. 

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crazy story. Jason Spears  has his own podcast separate from Luke in the offseason. In his latest podcast he has a behind the scene story of a free agent. He wouldn’t give the name. He said colts brought in a vet that would of helped this team and made the roster. He was here from Thursday until Saturday. He said this player trashed the hotel room and their were drugs including crack all over the hotel room. It costs the colts thousands of dollars they had to pay to the hotel to clean it up.

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Crazy story. Jason Spears  has his own podcast separate from Luke in the offseason. In his latest podcast he has a behind the scene story of a free agent. He wouldn’t give the name. He said colts brought in a vet that would of helped this team and made the roster. He was here from Thursday until Saturday. He said this player trashed the hotel room and their were drugs including crack all over the hotel room. It costs the colts thousands of dollars they had to pay to the hotel to clean it up.

Believe it or not, this kind of stuff happens more than you would think. These NFL teams cover for these players and do everything they can to not get law enforcement involved.

Also spoke with one of my “sources” as well. He said they didn’t hear or respond to any hotel rooms being trashed. So either LE wasn’t contacted or it didn’t happen.

On 6/29/2022 at 12:22 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Pittman will not get similar money to McLaurin.   3-years and up to $71 mill is nearly $24 mill per year.    I don’t see the Colts agreeing to that type of contract. 

Probably not much south of that if his numbers continue to rise this year.

13 minutes ago, groundnpound said:

Probably not much south of that if his numbers continue to rise this year.

We will have to see what MPJ puts up this year.    If Ryan goes to him heavily, then yes, he might get something close to that.  But that’s only if.   

Personally, I don’t see MPJs numbers going up much at all.   I see him posting something similar.   I see him posting numbers that are somewhat similar to last year.   As Frank likes to say….    We like to spread it around.  So I see the passes going to the RBs and TEs and other WRs.  

So we will revisit this in roughly 6 months. 

21 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We will have to see what MPJ puts up this year.    If Ryan goes to him heavily, then yes, he might get something close to that.  But that’s only if.   

Personally, I don’t see MPJs numbers going up much at all.   I see him posting something similar.   I see him posting numbers that are somewhat similar to last year.   As Frank likes to say….    We like to spread it around.  So I see the passes going to the RBs and TEs and other WRs.  

So we will revisit this in roughly 6 months. 

I always said in order for that money to be that big next offseason he would have to exceed last season by a few hundred yards. Never said it was guaranteed. I said it was guaranteed if he continued his upward trajectory.

I believe the rookie Alec Pierce will get alot of action along with running backs and tight ends.

I agree that they will spread it around.

Matt holds the record for throwing touchdowns to 13 different receivers.

In 2016 Matt set an NFL record by throwing touchdowns to 13 different receivers.

GamesReceiving

No. Player                        *  

18 Taylor Gabriel              WR

11 Julio Jones                   WR

12 Mohamed Sanu           WR

83 Jacob Tamme               TE

81 Austin Hooper             TE

16 Justin Hardy                WR

24 Devonta Freeman       RB

26 Tevin Coleman            RB

19 Aldrick Robinson        WR

80 Levine Toilolo              TE

42 Patrick DiMarco           FB

82 Joshua Perkins             TE

86 D.J. Tialavea                 TE

7 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Whatever could he do with that with a QB who will actually throw him the ball? 

Will Smith Reaction GIF

Maybe a back hand spring, back flip in full pads Td celebration  every game or so.

It's been pretty quiet on TY.  I haven't heard anyone with connections say it's not going to happen.  Holder made it sound like maybe it would.  Who knows.

Fisher is still unsigned.  He might be regretting not taking the money.  

2 hours ago, #12. said:

It's been pretty quiet on TY.  I haven't heard anyone with connections say it's not going to happen.  Holder made it sound like maybe it would.  Who knows.

Fisher is still unsigned.  He might be regretting not taking the money.  

TY would likely be a mid training camp re-sign (if we do). I'm sure they want to see what they have with the young kids, as well as if Campbell can stay healthy. If Campbell gets nicked, I'd say odds are good for TY. I'd also guess that CB might have already floated a very team friendly deal to him, and his agent is using the time to stoke other interest and offers. We do know TY was talking to Indy, Balt, and one other team earlier in the year. 

I think Fisher will get picked up late for a team with injury issues at LT. Likely a short term deal. He's be better on a run first team lol. 

14 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Such a huge difference.

A bit cherry picked. Ryan was bad vs zone D (which we'll see mostly), and his under pressure rates were much worse the year before. There's a ton to love about Ryan over Wentz, but singular focused tweets are not something to get crazy about. 

On 7/17/2022 at 8:43 PM, Bolt Colt said:

FXo6kp8VQAAoWg2?format=png&name=medium

Thanks for sharing

That is absolutely amazing

The on target from a clean pocket  "difference" is only 5.6%, but thats enough to differentiate 9th vs 30th  - 11 spots

Wow

I was more of the "give Carson another year crowd" but now am more and more happy with Ryan

When training camp starts next week I will make a thread for each day the night before so I don’t forget in the morning as I am usually pretty busy in the morning now.

If I see anything important when rookies report this weekend or when players report on Tuesday I will make a thread. I don’t expect there to be much on reporting days though.

On 7/16/2022 at 5:19 PM, Bolt Colt said:

Nyheim Hines at 23.8 mph!!!

Many don't realize how fast this is. When I was in my 30's for nearly a decade I ran on the treadmill 4 days a week. Once I got in tremendous shape, my normal workout would be a 6.6 MPH for 5 miles non-stop = a 9 minute mile roughly over 5. Did it for years up at Bally's. Everyone once an a while some people I met up there and myself would always see what we could do just 1 mile in for craps and giggles on an off day. The best I ever got was a 9.2 MPH for 1 mile and I felt like I was going to die/my legs were coming off lmao = a 6 minute and 30 second mile. I once put on it on a 10.0 = 10 MPH and I lasted around 3 minutes and it was over, couldn't last. That was just 10 MPH. I wonder how long Hines ran 23.8 MPH for? It couldn't have been more than 30 seconds.

Archived