Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After the Draft: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

Darius Leonard: Nerve Issue in Back was Affecting Ankle.

On his Wednesday show, McAfee said he talked with Leonard on Tuesday, after Leonard had surgery on his back. According to McAfee, most of Leonard's ankle issues over the past season-plus have resulted from back issues.  "He had an ankle functioning issue, not injury issue," McAfee said. "They could not figure out what it was." Through extensive testing, medical officials learned an issue with a nerve in Leonard's back was affecting his ankle's movement and performance, according to McAfee. 

"This surgery should actually make him a better athlete, better player," said McAfee. 

The Colts believe Leonard will miss part of training camp, which starts in late July.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, philba101 said:

Darius Leonard: Nerve Issue in Back was Affecting Ankle.

On his Wednesday show, McAfee said he talked with Leonard on Tuesday, after Leonard had surgery on his back. According to McAfee, most of Leonard's ankle issues over the past season-plus have resulted from back issues.  "He had an ankle functioning issue, not injury issue," McAfee said. "They could not figure out what it was." Through extensive testing, medical officials learned an issue with a nerve in Leonard's back was affecting his ankle's movement and performance, according to McAfee. 

"This surgery should actually make him a better athlete, better player," said McAfee. 

The Colts believe Leonard will miss part of training camp, which starts in late July.

Let’s this is what’s been bothering him and he makes a speedy return. :goodluck:

Matt Ryan is bringing his famous pre-snap command to the Colts:

.@HolderStephen asking Mo Alie-Cox about the high standards of new #Colts QB Matt Ryan:

Mo says Ryan will stop and quiz you in the hallway.

Adds, "it's kind of similar to Andrew (Luck) in the way he demands things and how he runs things." pic.twitter.com/tssxaxA7md

— Brett Bensley (@brettbensley) June 1, 2022

Never forget the time Matt Ryan told Mohamed Sanu to “Get F***ing Set” loud as sh*!. pic.twitter.com/qJoDeWeT6n

—  (@SSFALT1995) March 21, 2022

https://horseshoeheroes.com/2022/06/08/matt-ryan-bringing-famous-pre-snap-command-to-colts/

1 minute ago, throwing BBZ said:

We should let him seek a trade. If someone wants to pay what HE thinks he is worth... we could listen.

I hope he plays for us this season and he comes to his senses. Alternatively I hope he plays for us this season and asks for a trade in the off season. If another team is willing to offer him that kind of money and give us equal value in a trade I think it’s a win for everyone. 

8 hours ago, philba101 said:

Matt Ryan is bringing his famous pre-snap command to the Colts:

.@HolderStephen asking Mo Alie-Cox about the high standards of new #Colts QB Matt Ryan:

Mo says Ryan will stop and quiz you in the hallway.

Adds, "it's kind of similar to Andrew (Luck) in the way he demands things and how he runs things." pic.twitter.com/tssxaxA7md

— Brett Bensley (@brettbensley) June 1, 2022

Never forget the time Matt Ryan told Mohamed Sanu to “Get F***ing Set” loud as sh*!. pic.twitter.com/qJoDeWeT6n

—  (@SSFALT1995) March 21, 2022

https://horseshoeheroes.com/2022/06/08/matt-ryan-bringing-famous-pre-snap-command-to-colts/

Great stuff! I can't wait for September, we will be ready to roll.

54 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Kind of surprised by Glasgow. I thought he was a good ST player.

I think the issue for Glasgow was health.   He was often getting dented and dinged.  I think that impacted his effectiveness.    But, I admit, I was surprised too.   Said to be a Ballard favorite.   Perhaps CB thought he was doing him a favor?   By releasing him now, JG has more time to latch on with another team. 

Colts' Matt Ryan planning workouts with pass-catchers

Kevin Hickey  June 10, 2022 8:24 am ET

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Matt Ryan knows how important the upcoming months are leading into the regular season as he prepares to start a campaign with a new team for the first time in his NFL career.

Things have been going smoothly for the 37-year-old through the first few months of his tenure with the Colts, and he’s planning some summer workouts with his new teammates before the group gets back together for training camp at the end of July.

“Yeah. Yeah, I have done that throughout my entire career. So, I like to do it in small groups, that’s always how I’ve done it. I’ve only got one arm and everybody wants a lot of catches,” Ryan told reporters Thursday. “So, I find the work is more beneficial in small groups than getting all 10, 12 guys together. That’s something I’ve always done.”

Ryan’s accuracy has been on display throughout the offseason workouts. From the consistency on a per-throw basis to his ability to maximize yards-after-catch efficiency, the veteran quarterback should provide more stability in the passing game.

Some of that comes with building chemistry with his new teammates and understanding the different nuances to each player’s individual style.

“I definitely think it starts now. There’s so much that goes into kind of understanding guys’ body language, how they move, what their catch radius is, how they track balls in the air and just them getting a feel for how my ball comes in, timing and I think all those things are really important,” Ryan said.

The Colts have been impressed greatly with how Ryan has taken over the offense, and they’ll need the chemistry to progress if they want to get off to a hot start in 2022.

Nick Foles Connects with Ashton Dulin

Watching the last day of mandatory minicamp at the #Colts complex.

Nick Foles just threw a beauty down the left sideline to Ashton Dulin and Matt Ryan is behind him cheering like: pic.twitter.com/MnCZKlo37k

— Taylor Tannebaum (@TaylorTannebaum) June 9, 2022

15 minutes ago, philba101 said:

Colts’ Frank Reich ranked in top-10 NFL head coaches; This should start some conversation.

https://sports.yahoo.com/colts-frank-reich-ranked-top-130501681.html

Sorry. I completely disagree with this. I wouldn't put him in the top 20 tbh. If anything, Reich is the reason this team starts slow every year, loses to Jax in Jax every year, makes so many boneheaded decisions, and chokes against good opponents. I wouldn't want him running my son or daughters little league team (if I had one), let alone my favorite professional team. I think this is a great team this year, and Ballard has done a great job with it, but when you have a lame duck coach leading it, I don't feel very confident that we can beat anyone of note unless the defense shuts them down by chance.

IMO, if we make the playoffs and do anything of note this year, it will in spite of Reich rather than anything he actually does coaching-wise for this team.

Explaining how the Rams can afford so many big contracts for their stars: This article gives good insight as to how the Rams can afford so many players. At some level if you are not playing the cap manipulation game, you are at a competitive disadvantage. The Colts FO has expressed a reluctance to do this heavily, but this new "win now" model may soon become the norm.

https://sports.yahoo.com/explaining-rams-afford-many-big-145315216.html

4 minutes ago, philba101 said:

Colts’ Frank Reich ranked in top-10 NFL head coaches; This should start some conversation.

https://sports.yahoo.com/colts-frank-reich-ranked-top-130501681.html

I have him top 15, I think he is above average to good. Sometimes his play calling is great but sometimes it can be bad. I love how he goes for it on 4th down at times as well. I like Frank, he is better than Chuck IMO. He has had to deal with a different starting QB to start every season as coach. I don't think in a 5 year tenure that has ever happened to any coach in NFL history. Hopefully Matt Ryan can give us 3 good-great seasons, some longevity. Frank's record as coach is above average at worse at 37-28, 1-2 in the playoffs so he needs to improve there. Since 1984 when the team moved here, I could argue that Frank may be the 2nd best coach we have ever had only behind Tony Dungy. Dungy was great record wise but he had Peyton Manning. Marchibroda and Caldwell could be in that discussion but I would take Frank over those 2 even.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have him top 15, I think he is above average to good. Sometimes his play calling is great but sometimes it can be bad. I love how he goes for it on 4th down at times as well. I like Frank, he is better than Chuck IMO. He has had to deal with a different starting QB to start every season as coach. I don't think in a 5 year tenure that has ever happened to any coach in NFL history. Hopefully Matt Ryan can give us 3 good-great seasons, some longevity. Frank's record as coach is above average at worse at 37-28, 1-2 in the playoffs so he needs to improve there. Since 1984 when the team moved here, I could argue that Frank may be the 2nd best coach we have ever had only behind Tony Dungy. Dungy was great record wise but he had Peyton Manning. Marchibroda and Caldwell could be in that discussion but I would take Frank over those 2 even.

I think that is a fair assessment. The QB carousel has been difficult to navigate and most coaches get consumed by that. I am hoping that Ryan will provide some stability there to allow Reich to get into a coaching groove so to speak. I would like to see Frank get the opportunity to win some division titles and possibly a couple long playoff runs to test his coaching metal.

21 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Regarding the young woman who is now a scout, she is referred to in the tweet as the NFS scout.   Same in the story the team out out.  Anyone have any idea what “NFS” stands for?     Anyone?  

National Football Scouting? I think? 

Here's an explanation: 

What is an NFS scout?

National Football Scouting (NFS) runs the NFL Combine so if a player has a good spring grade he is more likely to get invited then if he doesn't. 3. All-Star games try to get their hands on these grades and use them when they start to invite players to their games.

31 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Regarding the young woman who is now a scout, she is referred to in the tweet as the NFS scout.   Same in the story the team out out.  Anyone have any idea what “NFS” stands for?     Anyone?  

NFS is a college scout. 

Probably shouldn't be confused with NFS (company), who does a lot of combine like stuff, but I'd guess her roll will be heavy in combine related stuff in association with NFS. Heavy on admin it sounds like, which would be a step up I'm guessing from her previous intern responsibility. 

here's a blurb on NFS (org) and scout

http://insidethepylon.com/football-101/glossary-football-101/2016/02/29/itp-glossary-area-scout/

8 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

TY might over play his hand with the Colts.  The longer he doesn’t sign the more likely they become comfortable with the young guys and decide they don’t need him.  With that said if the Ravens are truly interested in him he might not mind.

Archived