Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After the Draft: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

1 hour ago, Indyfan4life said:

I'd feel better about Landry/Pittman/Pierce on the field than Pittman/Pierce/? on the field. But, sure.

I mean I’d feel better if Patrick MaHomes was the QB but he’s not so I am happy with Ryan.  You can’t always have everything and it can be worse.  Could the Colts make a move on Landry?  They could but it won’t be the end of the world if they don’t.  This should be an improved team even without him.  Would they be even better with him?  Probably but I don’t think he’s going to make or break the roster.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Dude I’ve been on this forum when someone said they were embarrassed by a win because it wasn’t big enough and right after the Colts won the Super Bowl complained they hadn’t won more.  Some people will complain no matter what. 

Yep, I agree. But I like most the posters in here, they mean well but some have some silly posts. 

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I mean I’d feel better if Patrick MaHomes was the QB but he’s not so I am happy with Ryan.  You can’t always have everything and it can be worse.  Could the Colts make a move on Landry?  They could but it won’t be the end of the world if they don’t.  This should be an improved team even without him.  Would they be even better with him?  Probably but I don’t think he’s going to make or break the roster.

unless you are the Rams, you can't have Peyton, Rice, Moss, and Dickerson on the same team, with Ray at LB :banana:

28 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Dude I’ve been on this forum when someone said they were embarrassed by a win because it wasn’t big enough and right after the Colts won the Super Bowl complained they hadn’t won more.  Some people will complain no matter what. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^. THIS!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you x 1000!        :worthy:         :thanks:

40 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I know, I get it. Obviously, I'd rather be as stacked as possible on offense with the receivers, but it's not the end of the world.

10 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not really.  I doubt they keep more than six and I think Pittman, Campbell, Pierce, Dulin, Patmon, and, Strachin are all ahead of him as they were all on the roster all of last year except for Pierce who wasn’t here yet clearly.  He’s not some long term vet like TY, he’s been in the NFL one year longer than Campbell and Dulin.  

Patmon and Strachan are not guaranteed to make roster. Especially after we drafted Pierce.

30 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Patmon and Strachan are not guaranteed to make roster. Especially after we drafted Pierce.

No they aren’t but the fact they did last year over Coutee and were on the roster all last year while he wasn’t means they are favorited over him.

34 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

No they aren’t but the fact they did last year over Coutee and were on the roster all last year while he wasn’t means they are favorited over him.

I think Patmon is decently safe so long as somebody doesn’t really shine in TC but Strachan is far from a sure thing 

Reggie Wayne says he thinks the Colts receiver room feels a little disrespected

“This is me personally,’’ Wayne said, via Mike Chappell of Fox 59. “They probably feel a little bit disrespected, so they want to kind of surprise some people. “These guys are on a mission, I believe, and hopefully I can help and make them household names.’’ These dudes are hungry, man. They’re hungry,’’ Wayne said. “It’s kind of funny. I kind of wondered coming in with such a young room how that would be because ideally most times you’ll have a veteran guy in there that can kind of lead the way. Like, ‘Hey, watch him. Watch what he (does).’ Or they can see him do it, and they stand in line behind him.’’

How bad were things in Indianapolis at the end of last year? So bad that the Colts probably would have released Carson Wentz even if they beat the Jaguars on the final day of the season and made the playoffs. This surprising revelation came from Colts general manager Chris Ballard in an interview with Mike Florio on Pro Football Talk. "I mean it stung, I’m not going to lie to you,” Ballard said. “I went into a dark place, too. I’ll tell you what losing does, and especially the way it happened. It really makes you take a hard look at everything you’re doing and probably makes some harder decisions that you might not have made.  “I think we still would’ve had some hard discussions,” Ballard said. “Just the way we played down the stretch, and we knew we needed to make some improvements in that area. … When we know something’s not a good fit, don’t just try to justify it. Let’s move forward.”

As rosters start to get trimmed before summer workouts/camps, it looks like the Colts may have the opportunity to add depth to the offensive line. As it looks like Pryor will get the first shot at left tackle and Pinter will be moving to right guard, the Colts will need relatively cheap depth at several positions along the line.

Jets Release OT Greg Van Roten- played 17 games for the Jets last year and started 10.

Chiefs Release C Austin Reiter- played in 7 games and started 5.

Giants FA C Billy Price-played 16 games and started in 15.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

We need a backup for Campbell. With Ryan it’s essential. With Wentz it wasn’t that big of deal because he wouldn’t use the middle of the field.

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We could win the SB and a few won't be satisfied. This going to be a fun year where we will no doubt win the South and then we roll the chips terry rozier player GIF

“Where we will no doubt win the South”?!?   

I’d slow that roll my friend.   We appear to be a slight favorite….  That’s the predictions I’m seeing….  But I think we’re a ways from being at a “no doubt” level….   Easy now….  Easy. 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

“Where we will no doubt win the South”?!?   

I’d slow that roll my friend.   We appear to be a slight favorite….  That’s the predictions I’m seeing….  But I think we’re a ways from being at a “no doubt” level….   Easy now….  Easy. 

Vegas has us favored but I think we finally have the better team for a change. 

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Vegas has us favored but I think we finally have the better team for a change. 

And we’re higher in every power ranking I’ve seen as well.    Still……….

We’re not a team that wins the South with ease.   Not unless Tannehill gets hurt.   The Colts still have a LOT of unanswered questions.   Yes, on paper we look like the better team, but the games aren’t played on paper.   Guys will get hurt.   Stuff happens.  Covid is likely coming back.   It’s a crazy world we live in.   Stranger things have happened. 

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

And we’re higher in every power ranking I’ve seen as well.    Still……….

We’re not a team that wins the South with ease.   Not unless Tannehill gets hurt.   The Colts still have a LOT of unanswered questions.   Yes, on paper we look like the better team, but the games aren’t played on paper.   Guys will get hurt.   Stuff happens.  Covid is likely coming back.   It’s a crazy world we live in.   Stranger things have happened. 

Of course, health is always a factor. I mean if Taylor gets injured we are screwed for example. Health willing we should win the South, if we don't I would be real surprised this season.

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Of course, health is always a factor. I mean if Taylor gets injured we are screwed for example. Health willing we should win the South, if we don't I would be real surprised this season.

I would be somewhat surprised as well.   I’m just offering some cool water to calm things down.   We’re not a super power yet.  We look like a solid playoff team.   But that’s where are  today.   

Things could get better….  But they could also get worse.   After every game, my first question is always about possible injuries.   Things can change quickly.  

13 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah, the life of a gambler must be a tough one.

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I would be somewhat surprised as well.   I’m just offering some cool water to calm things down.   We’re not a super power yet.  We look like a solid playoff team.   But that’s where are  today.   

Things could get better….  But they could also get worse.   After every game, my first question is always about possible injuries.   Things can change quickly.  

I know my friend, you are just being the voice of reason which makes sense because anything could happen. I mean imagine if Pat Mahomes or Josh Allen got a major injury, the whole AFC would be upside down. Regarding the Titans, they drafted Willis for a purpose, if Tannehill starts off at 2-4 to start this season, we may see Willis in there.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know my friend, you are just being the voice of reason which makes sense because anything could happen. I mean imagine if Pat Mahomes or Josh Allen got a major injury, the whole AFC would be upside down. Regarding the Titans, they drafted Willis for a purpose, if Tannehill starts off at 2-4 to start this season, we may see Willis in there.

Willis likely needs TWO years of standing, watching, learning.   He is far, FAR behind the curve.   That’s why he fell to the third round.  He’s a LONG way off.   Honestly.   That’s all I’ve read since the draft.   He’s not a guy ready to step in this year.   And if the Titans were dumb enough to rush him, they’d deserve whatever bad results would come with that.   Seriously. 

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Willis likely needs TWO years of standing, watching, learning.   He is far, FAR behind the curve.   That’s why he fell to the third round.  He’s a LONG way off.   Honestly.   That’s all I’ve read since the draft.   He’s not a guy ready to step in this year.   And if the Titans were dumb enough to rush him, they’d deserve whatever bad results would come with that.   Seriously. 

Hypothetically lets say the Titans start 1-5 and we start 5-1, then what? You are probably right but I would think Vrabel would be in panic mode at that point.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hypothetically lets say the Titans start 1-5 and we start 5-1, then what? You are probably right but I would think Vrabel would be in panic mode at that point.

I don’t have the Tenn roster in front of me, but who was the backup last year?   I’m just asking is Willis for sure QB2?   Or could he be QB3?    Is there another backup?  

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t have the Tenn roster in front of me, but who was the backup last year?   I’m just asking is Willis for sure QB2?   Or could he be QB3?    Is there another backup?  

I didn't even know lmao . I looked it up, it is a guy named Logan Woodside - he went to Toledo, I never even heard of him. I think it is safe to say Willis would be #2.

Read a Giants website this morning.  Not Giants.com, but the Giants version of Stampede Blue.

Their view is….  if/when Bradberry gets released the two favorites to sign him are probably Washington and Philly.   East coast teams where he’s from and played.   

But the Commanders have the best case….. the HC, the DC and the DB coach are all the same guys who were with Bradberry in Carolina.   That comfort level likely seals the deal, plus the added bonus of playing New York twice a year and sticking it to the Giants.  

Just saying our interest may not be enough. 

13 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Go sign Hilton and Bradbury and we are set.

I am all for signing Bradbury but I feel like signing Hilton is not a step forward for the Colts. I personally like T.Y. Hilton, but a lot of people on this forum and the Colts FO are always talking about developing this young receiving corps. If T.Y. is healthy and on the field, it makes it that much more difficult for players like Patmon, Dulin, and Strachan to get that much needed development. On the flip side, I am not nearly as optimistic about that part of our receiving corps as some here and the FO are in general.

33 minutes ago, philba101 said:

I am all for signing Bradbury but I feel like signing Hilton is not a step forward for the Colts. I personally like T.Y. Hilton, but a lot of people on this forum and the Colts FO are always talking about developing this young receiving corps. If T.Y. is healthy and on the field, it makes it that much more difficult for players like Patmon, Dulin, and Strachan to get that much needed development. On the flip side, I am not nearly as optimistic about that part of our receiving corps as some here and the FO are in general.

We need a vet. He is also another option in the slot if Campbell gets hurt. We have so many x receivers right now. Strachan or Patmon could make it to the PS. 

Pierce is still very raw. He actually hasn’t even played WR that long. What if he can’t contribute as much as they think. 

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We need a vet. He is also another option in the slot if Campbell gets hurt. We have so many x receivers right now. Strachan or Patmon could make it to the PS. 

Pierce is still very raw. He actually hasn’t even played WR that long. What if he can’t contribute as much as they think. 

I don't disagree that we need another veteran presence at all. That could very well end up being T.Y. I just don't think that is enough to improve the Colts receiver room against stiff AFC competition. The question then becomes, who if not T.Y.? The remaining FA market doesn't offer a lot of great options: J. Landry, Beasley, Fuller, E. Sanders, OBJ, D. Jackson, K. Cole, J. Jones. There is always a chance that the Colts could trade for a veteran WR they like, although not that likely as Ballard probably no longer sees it as a priority or area of need. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Read a Giants website this morning.  Not Giants.com, but the Giants version of Stampede Blue.

Their view is….  if/when Bradberry gets released the two favorites to sign him are probably Washington and Philly.   East coast teams where he’s from and played.   

But the Commanders have the best case….. the HC, the DC and the DB coach are all the same guys who were with Bradberry in Carolina.   That comfort level likely seals the deal, plus the added bonus of playing New York twice a year and sticking it to the Giants.  

Just saying our interest may not be enough. 

You may well be right but I do hope the Colts are on the phone with his agent. He’d be a cherry on top of the re-do we’ve seen on the D this off season. 
Just to continue the discussion: what do you think he’d cost? There isn’t much money left out there for anyone. 
Maybe $6-8m on a one year deal? Gets him back into the market next year with lots more money available. 

Production Comparison of FA WR's:

1. C. Beasley-82 receptions, 692 yards, 1 TD

2. O. Beckham-Jr.- 61 receptions, 761 yards, 5 TD's

3. J. Landry- 52 receptions, 570 yards, 2 TD's

4. E. Sanders-42 receptions, 626 yards, 4TD's

5. A. Brown-42 receptions, 545 yards, 4 TD's

6. A. Humphries- 41 receptions, 383 yards, 0 TD's

7. J. Jones-31 receptions, 434 yards, 1 TD

8. C. Rodgers-30 receptions, 301 yards, 1 TD

9. D. Jackson-28 receptions, 675 yards, 3TD's

10. K. Cole-28 receptions, 449 yards, 1 TD

11. A. Wilson-25 receptions, 213 yards, 0 TD's

12. T.Y. Hilton-23 receptions, 331 yards, 3 TD's

What stands out to me from this list is the 82 receptions for Beasley, 626 yards from Sanders, 675 yards from Jackson, and 41 receptions from Humphries. 

Archived