Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do the Colts need another RB ?

dw49

Fair question.   But the problem is our first pick today isn’t until the mid-5th.  And a good number of good backs may come off the board right now.  And I think Ballard is going to try to move up into the 4th round, but I don’t think he’s going to do it for a RB. 

So, if a RB comes, it may come later in the draft,  or it may be another undrafted free agent like Jackson.  

I think Colts need rb depth....i like pierre strong as well, but think he might be gone.  There are lot of rbs left. 

One of my favorites as a late round pick or UDFA is Kevin Harris from South Carolina.  Injury plagued 2021, but looked really good in 2021.  Has a lot of ability

6 minutes ago, icf said:

It may depend on how much they plan on using Hines as a WR.  I'd take a chance on Kyren Williams if he's around late.

I think Hines is more of a "change of pace" back. If Taylor was out , we need something a little more "potent" than Jackson.

27 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I'm thinking the Colts need a RB to share the load with Hines if Taylor were to miss multiple games. If a decent one were available today , seems to me that it would be a possibility. 

So you’re looking for a guy that can beat out Jackson.  

I’m sure they’ll have at least one or two more on the roster by camp for competition.  

Unless a great prospect is ranked much higher on the Colts board than everyone else, I don’t think it’s worth spending draft capital on a RB. This is a spot you try UDFAs and see if one sticks. Next year or possibly 2024 is when to target an elite RB. 

I’m probably going to catch the fury of some posters with this comment but I’m not a fan of 2nd contracts for RBs. Very seldom do they ever stay healthy enough to justify the hefty cost. This includes JT, would prefer if we didn’t throw a lot of money at him next offseason for an extension. He will eventually go down for an extended period and that typically is the beginning of the end for this position. Franchise tag him 2yrs in a row then move on. 

3 hours ago, dw49 said:

I'm thinking the Colts need a RB to share the load with Hines if Taylor were to miss multiple games. If a decent one were available today , seems to me that it would be a possibility. 

No I think we are all set at RB but if they do take one it will be as a priority undrafted free agent signing I don’t think they will draft one.

I sort of hoped we would draft Brian Robinson of Alabama who was probably the best short yardage back in the nation last year.

I would like the Colts to find another RB for short yardage situations to save the wear and tear on Taylor.  A back who can move the pile when a yard or less is needed for first down who can also block if the Colts used any two back formations.   I miss the days when teams had a bruising fullback to get that tough yard on 3rd or 4th and short and to clear holes for the tailback!

21 minutes ago, Stephen said:

No that will get him hurt

he's a playmaker idc @ this point ... that's where he's the biggest threat (jet sweeps, crosses, pitches off of JT action) basically put him en space. i love parris but im not bubble wrapping anyone.

1 hour ago, MFT5 said:

he's a playmaker idc @ this point ... that's where he's the biggest threat (jet sweeps, crosses, pitches off of JT action) basically put him en space. i love parris but im not bubble wrapping anyone.

I agree at this point. He has one year left on his contract and has been an injury bust so far. Lets go all out and see what we have in him. We can sign Hilton as well just in case he gets hurt and we need a slot guy. 

3 hours ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

Nope..JT/Hines + Borghi = 3 headed monster

I like what I’ve seen of Max Borghi. He’s talented running the ball and a strong receiver. He may be the 4th RB. Keep an eye on him. 

17 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I like what I’ve seen of Max Borghi. He’s talented running the ball and a strong receiver. He may be the 4th RB. Keep an eye on him. 

Very little tape to watch on him but the effort and yards after contact really sticks out to me. Some of his moves were ankle breakers for DB's. Great balance after contact and falls forward for extra yards. Dare I compare to Christain McCaffery because he's elite but for now will call him a poor mans CMC

1 hour ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Same with Pierce and Jordy or Kupp.  

Well, sure….  But I’ve read a number of comments that try to imply Pierce is just a slow plodding possession receiver — code for white receiver.  

I think it’s only fair to be able to point to his great RAS score and that other white receivers have enjoyed success as well.   It cuts both ways. 

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well, sure….  But I’ve read a number of comments that try to imply Pierce is just a slow plodding possession receiver — code for white receiver.  

I think it’s only fair to be able to point to his great RAS score and that other white receivers have enjoyed success as well.   It cuts both ways. 

Except he is not slow/ plodding at all.   

And if I may. I'd like to quote the great poet Offspring   "He's pretty fly for a white guy"

LOL

Archived