Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Russell Wilson trade to Broncos, pending his approval

Superman

From a Seattle perspective, Pete Carroll is going to be on the market for another franchise QB. They must have their eyes on Carson Wentz :D

I am really itching to see the terms of this deal. Seattle didn't have a 1st round pick in this draft so surely they've taken pick #9 from Denver and probably more.

8 minutes ago, Superman said:

Two firsts, two seconds, Drew Lock, three other players, for RW. Per Cowherd...

Apparently RW has agreed to the deal.

It's worth the gamble. More than worth the gamble. Again, as with last year Denver could offer assets the Colts just cant.

6 minutes ago, TonyBungee said:

Jimmy G or Trubisky to the Seahawks?

They got Drew Lock in the trade. I think they're probably going to sit out on vet QB this year. Maybe they tap into the draft since at #9 they'll have their choice of rookie. Also they could just wait until next year when they'd have a couple first rounders. 

This is a big gamble by them. 

1 hour ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Depending on the three vets.....yikes.....  

Even without the three vets..... Yikes 

broncos are literally a qb away from being a SB contender.  This is the deal you make.  Period.  You don’t take chances.

21 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Our first round for 2023 and 2024. Our second round pick for this year and next bundled with Wentz And maybe another player.

The theory of net present value would love to have a word with you. 

The Broncos gave Seattle a first this year (low first pick #9) plus a first next year plus two 2nds and a bunch of players and a 5th. If you called with that kind of offer you presented, you'd get laughed out of the Zoom call.

Quick rule of thumb. A 1st next year roughly equates a 2nd this year. Teams like 1st round picks but they especially love 1st round picks in the PRESENT year, that's why it's been such a big deal that we don't have one this year. A 1st next year does not equal a 1st this year in valuation.

9 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

The theory of net present value would love to have a word with you. 

The Broncos gave Seattle a first this year (low first pick #9) plus a first next year plus two 2nds and a bunch of players and a 5th. If you called with that kind of offer you presented, you'd get laughed out of the Zoom call.

Quick rule of thumb. A 1st next year roughly equates a 2nd this year. Teams like 1st round picks but they especially love 1st round picks in the PRESENT year, that's why it's been such a big deal that we don't have one this year. A 1st next year does not equal a 1st this year in valuation.

Most fans just spout off without understanding the context. If you think that Ballard did not explore the possibility of Wilson, you are either in denial, or naïve to the process. All it takes is a look at a NFL trade value chart to see that for good or bad, they were not shopping the Nordstrom case, but more like the Macy's case...and may end up buying at the Target Center if they buy at all. 

Wentz is a good QB. I have doubts that he can become a great QB....but I soooo want to be wrong. Let's support the 2022 Colts!

:1colts:

IMHO, the Broncos just got fleeced.

They give up their #9 and #40 this year, and a 1st and 2nd next year.

Plus, Drew Lock who was a 2nd rounder and Noah Fant who was a 1st rounder, who has averaged over 600 yds/season.

Um...  Bidding for the Seattle GM in this year's mock draft starts at $100.  Geez.

53 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Plus, Drew Lock who was a 2nd rounder and Noah Fant who was a 1st rounder, who has averaged over 600 yds/season.

Um...  Bidding for the Seattle GM in this year's mock draft starts at $100.  Geez.

I think the Broncos got fleeced for sure BUT for them, with where they're at in team building, and how they've fared when they've tried to draft a QB...i think the price is worth the risk.

If they get to the SB, it's worth the gamble. Peyton on a free does not equal Russ for the farm, that much is sure.

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

What's the starting bid for George Paton?

5 hours ago, TonyBungee said:

With Lockett, Metcalf & Fant, Seattle might be an attractive place for a QB.  

Brady? : )

If Brady goes somewhere, it is the 49ers. Good running game and D plus good young wideouts in Samuel, Aiyuk, Jennings and good TE in Kittle. An upgrade or two to their skill positions and that is a SB contender with Brady.

4 hours ago, smittywerb said:

broncos are literally a qb away from being a SB contender.  This is the deal you make.  Period.  You don’t take chances.

Maybe the Commanders go for Derek Carr and the Eagles go for DeShaun Watson now.

NFC East and AFC South have the 8 easiest schedules in the league.

9 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

From a Seattle perspective, Pete Carroll is going to be on the market for another franchise QB. They must have their eyes on Carson Wentz :D

I am really itching to see the terms of this deal. Seattle didn't have a 1st round pick in this draft so surely they've taken pick #9 from Denver and probably more.

Jacob Eason gonna light it up.

It would be hilarious. 

Maybe I see it differently than most, but I don't think that winning a Super Bowl is more important than having a competitive team for many years.  The thought of being able to win a SB each year if the team peaks at the right time is a much more enjoyable way of watching football than buying a SB....especially if all of that mortgaging of the future ends up getting a loss in the championship game or even the SB.  What a let down that would be.

Bad trade for Denver.  Great trade for SEA.

This trade is driven more by the fact that the Chiefs, Chargers and Raiders all have QBs that are capable of taking that team to the playoffs and the Broncos, despite having the talent at other positions, did not have the QB to make plays which is a must in their division. I would hate to be in that division.

On an unrelated note, Vic Fangio hinted several times that QB play is what is hamstringing the Broncos and he was made a scapegoat, probably because of his loyalty to his OC, much like Mora's loyalty to Fangio cost him his job here in Indy.

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

monkey-puppet-omg-shock-gif.gif

Broncos out here doing their best Rams impersonation! 

Man that's a LOT to give up for one player. Puts in perspective how important it is to draft your QB than trade for one

There aren't too many Aaron Rodgers in the draft.

Archived