Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Conference Championship Games, Jan. 30, 2022 Discussion thread

NFLfan

Just now, runthepost said:

Wentz is really gone now lol

I don't think so, who are you gonna replace him with? He was playing every bit as well as Burrow in 2017 before getting hurt, and we can't have a different starting quarterback every season and hope to succeed. The best bet is to get him some weapons, and roll with him next year because franchise QBs don't grow on trees, and are rarely if ever available in free agency or for trades.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Burrow and the Bengals are playing like Joe Namath and Joe Flacco, playing with house money.

Now I think Brady will definitely retire, Mahomes is NOT threatening 7 SBs whatsoever, maybe 2 or 3 but let’s not crown him yet

Yes.  He sees the future of the NFL in these young guns too!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

My dad is crying. So many years he’s waited for this. Who knew it would be this year. Has a 1st overall QB ever made it to the dance this early? 

It is a young team. They are not going away. Give your dad a hug for us. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

A Defensive co-ordinator that has a PLAN that makes changes to stop the opponent! 

I am very impressed by Hendrickson and Hubbard.

Yeah, we wanted Ballard to after Hendrickson, who’s the Bengals DC? Vance Joseph?? Or someone else??

Never mind, Lou Anarumo, former defensive backs coach at Purdue, and former DB coach of Giants who is coaching defense for the Bengals. Wow, what a job!!!

One thing I noticed is like Todd Bowles, he trusted his LB to play man coverage vs Kelce, like Bowles trusted Lavonte David. That changed the game around. Mahomes still has ways to go to play QB and should learn to stop dancing around too much, IMO. Learning to read Ds when they play man and taking the 4th or 5th option is what teams are testing him with. Take Hill, Kelce and the RB.

THIS is also why Leslie Frazier won't be a HC. He did not adjust like the Bengals DC, and continued to play zone and got burned.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Burrow doesn't even look winded.

Hometown boy does good by his State!

Burrow is THAT guy! He's the ultimate epitome of what people call the "it factor". He has the aura/attitude/confidence/skill of a future HoF-er. Health permitting of course... 

I really love watching him play. That LSU season was not a fluke. He will continue being a feature in the AFC playoffs for the next 10+ years. We better find a QB who can go play-for-play with those new young QBs in the conference... or else we will continue watching them from home. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There is one website that if you take the Chiefs and bet 500 and give the field you can win 1200 because of giving the field. I can't give the link because it is against forum rules. Would you do that? I am thinking about it. It is legal and legit.

No, I would take the field or Bengals lol

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Burrow is THAT guy! He's the ultimate epitome of what people call the "it factor". He has the aura/attitude/confidence/skill of a future HoF-er. Health permitting of course... 

I really love watching him play. That LSU season was not a fluke. 

Exactly. The Bengals built a good, young team. I hope my team sees how it is best to go with young guys. They cost less and the team manage the cap better.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

I really love watching him play. That LSU season was not a fluke. He will continue being a feature in the AFC playoffs for the next 10+ years. We better find a QB who can go play-for-play with those new young QBs in the conference... or else we will continue watching them from home. 

Yep he is Luck but a Luck that cares about football 1st. 

• Like 1