Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Conference Championship Games, Jan. 30, 2022 Discussion thread

NFLfan

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

Burrow is THAT guy! He's the ultimate epitome of what people call the "it factor". He has the aura/attitude/confidence/skill of a future HoF-er. Health permitting of course... 

I really love watching him play. That LSU season was not a fluke. 

Exactly!!! Once I saw him convert 3rd down after 3rd down after 3rd down, it felt like the 2018 AFCCG where Brady did it in Arrowhead with Gronk and Edelman, this time Burrow did it with his legs. It is like that 1 SB run Joe Flacco had. The team has been playing with house money all along. Burrow has been clutch, no doubt.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@jvan1973 Should the Bengals sign Gino Atkins like the Rams signed Weddle?

The Rams signed Eric Weddle after losing safety Jordan Fuller in Week 18. Weddle had last played in 2019, starting all 16 games in his only season with the Rams, after 9 with San Diego followed by 3 in Baltimore.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Burrow is THAT guy! He's the ultimate epitome of what people call the "it factor". He has the aura/attitude/confidence/skill of a future HoF-er. Health permitting of course... 

I really love watching him play. That LSU season was not a fluke. He will continue being a feature in the AFC playoffs for the next 10+ years. We better find a QB who can go play-for-play with those new young QBs in the conference... or else we will continue watching them from home. 

A couple of his runs i felt like i was seeing a guy that knew he had to make a play so he nitro'd a burst of addrenaline and then ran faster and harder than he ever had. The kind of effort the greats find in the biggest moments.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, throwing BBZ said:

A couple of his runs i felt like i was seeing a guy that knew he had to make a play so he nitro'd a burst of addrenaline and then ran faster and harder than he ever had. The kind of effort the greats find in the biggest moments.

Exactly. 

Fun day so far. 

Expected more fireworks in game 1. 

Glad the Bengals got them. 

I'm guessing this one is close all game. Slight edge to the Rams breaking the 6 game curse. 

Ram's dominating possession, but nothing to show for it. 

Will likely come down to mistakes like the 1st game.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Fun day so far. 

Expected more fireworks in game 1. 

Glad the Bengals got them. 

I'm guessing this one is close all game. Slight edge to the Rams breaking the 6 game curse. 

Ram's dominating possession, but nothing to show for it. 

Will likely come down to mistakes like the 1st game.

I'm not into this game as much as the first game.  

Yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I'm not into this game as much as the first game.  

Yet.

Same here. Game 1 was sexier lol...

I'll get into if it's close in the 2H.

Overall, don't really care who wins this one.

I think whoever has a better game between Stafford and the 49ers D will win.

• Like 1

Remember when everyone was raving about Darious Williams last year?? Rams wanted to see another good year from him and QBs are picking on him constantly this year. That’s why if I’m Ballard, I don’t get carried away by 1 good year of RYS.

This TD play to Deebo, guess who’s lined up against Deebo??? 

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Remember when everyone was raving about Darious Williams last year?? Rams wanted to see another good year from him and QBs are picking on him constantly this year. That’s why if I’m Ballard, I don’t get carried away by 1 good year of RYS.

This TD play to Deebo, guess who’s lined up against Deebo??? 

I think it's different. RYS was grading top 10 CB in the 2nd half of 2019. He was injured almost the entire year last season. Not saying he's elite or ever will be, but he's shown to be at minimum a solid starter when healthy.

And Deebo is a pretty hard cover. There's a reason he's got 1400+ receiving yards, and another 350+ rushing. Not a lot of DBs are going to lock him down.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I will give it to Jimmy Fans at least Hines and Taylor would be utilized like Samual.

Deebo is a much much better pass catcher than either NH or JT.

Keep in mind that Deebo is running WR routes mostly, and used occasionally as a sweep/gimmick guy .

NH and JT rarely run actual WR routes off the LOS.

And college use was much different.

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think it's different. RYS was grading top 10 CB in the 2nd half of 2019. He was injured almost the entire year last season. Not saying he's elite or ever will be, but he's shown to be at minimum a solid starter when healthy.

And Deebo is a pretty hard cover. There's a reason he's got 1400+ receiving yards, and another 350+ rushing. Not a lot of DBs are going to lock him down.

it came on the heels of a completion to Aiyuk. Williams got badly beat on that previous completion. And they had to roll help towards Williams and left Ramsey on an island versus Mike Evans for the same reason in the previous game because Williams was not getting his job done in man coverage.

It is not just that one play, QBs are seeking out where Williams is being lined up.