Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Conference Championship Games, Jan. 30, 2022 Discussion thread

NFLfan

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We put 41 on Buffalo and against the Bucs Wentz played good. He played great at Baltimore where we put up 25. He threw for 400 yards in that one.

A funny thing happens as the season goes on. Our opponents have tape.

Wentz pretty much stank the last 10 games of the season.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I would be surprised if that happened.  Some time has passed since the Jac embarrassment.  Time to get refocused and get a couple of playmakers to get the job done.

I just have a bad gut feeling. I hope I am wrong. Wentz deserves to come back and at least try again with better weapons. Ballard needs fired if he doesn’t bring in more offensive help.

6 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I just have a bad gut feeling. I hope I am wrong. Wentz deserves to come back and at least try again with better weapons. Ballard needs fired if he doesn’t bring in more offensive help.

It’s really unlikely. It would be shocking to me if they cut/traded Wentz.

People not only imo exaggerate what Ballard and Irsay are saying, but I also believe that even though they’re not sold on Wentz, they know there aren’t any better realistic options.

After next season though, all bets are off.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

It’s really unlikely. It would be shocking to me if they cut/traded Wentz.

People not only imo exaggerate what Ballard and Irsay are saying, but I also believe that even though they’re not sold on Wentz, they know there aren’t any better realistic options.

After next season though, all bets are off.

Wentz will probably be our QB next year but we won't go anywhere in the playoffs if we do make it. Tennessee is in the same boat with Tannehill. We need a franchise QB to win it all. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Patriots aren't winning jack with Jones either because Allen is much better than him and they are in the same division. We need Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers otherwise it will be another wasted year of Taylor's career.

You want Jimmy G. That isn’t getting us anywhere either.

To be fair we have to eee what happens in a second year with actual upgrades on offense before we can make any assumptions on Wentz.

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

To be fair we have to eee what happens in a second year with actual upgrades on offense before we can make any assumptions on Wentz.

Jimmy G is in his 2nd Final 4 and has been in a SB, Wentz has never won a playoff game so stop.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Well Jimmy G doesn’t crumble when facing adversity like Wentz does

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Well Jimmy G doesn’t crumble when facing adversity like Wentz does

Lol. Without that defense he would be behind by 20 every game. He does crumble. Look at his int. He had 3 or 4 passes last week he got lucky that weren’t INT.  He barely throws it pass the line of scrimmage. He threw a INT that almost cost them the game last week.

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Lol. Without that defense he would be behind by 20 every game. He does crumble. Look at his int. He had 3 or 4 passes last week he got lucky that weren’t INT. 

Did you watch Wentz vs the Raiders and at Jacks. Jimmy G wins almost 70% of his games. Wentz had the best RB in the league and a defense that created the most turnovers in the league and we had 2 chances to clinch. Not 1 but 2. No way Jimmy G would've lost those 2 games.

• Like 1