Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Conference Championship Games, Jan. 30, 2022 Discussion thread

NFLfan

2 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

That fight was on my 21st Birthday, my college bookie wouldnt handle the odds which were 42-1 my frat brother gave me 10-1 and I took it. Always was a big boxing fan (This was way before I actually became a Boxing/MMA match maker but it was always my dream). I told anyone who would listen why James would win (Tyson was knocked down hard in sparring days before by Greg Page and Mike always dominated in sparring) and james was so motivated due to personal issues (He was actually ahead of Tony Tucker in a previous title fight and basically quit on himself). 

We are about the same age, I was 19 when Tyson lost.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

That fight was on my 21st Birthday, my college bookie wouldnt handle the odds which were 42-1 my frat brother gave me 10-1 and I took it. Always was a big boxing fan (This was way before I actually became a Boxing/MMA match maker but it was always my dream). I told anyone who would listen why James would win (Tyson was knocked down hard in sparring days before by Greg Page and Mike always dominated in sparring) and james was so motivated due to personal issues (He was actually ahead of Tony Tucker in a previous title fight and basically quit on himself). 

I was in a foreign country talking to my Mom on the phone and she suddenly said, “Mike Tyson just got knocked out!” 

• Thanks 1

This game shows how Ballard needs to evolve.

Watching the importance of the WR (and the TE) position. It is a passing league, yet Ballard (if he’d been the Bengals GM) would have probably taken Sewell and not Chase because he foolishly doesn’t value the WR position. 

Surprised seeing he came from KC where they now have both Hill and Kelce. Can’t he use his eyes and see this from the outside? Ballard would rather settle with Doyle (no namer compared to Kelce; but from Indy so keeps getting playtime = TE NOT getting prioritised), and Pittman Jr. who looks good but nowhere near Hill or Chase - and he likely won’t be.

Regarding pass rush a lot of Colts fans were clamouring for a pass rusher. Hendrickson from the Saints was a popular pick to bolster the pass rush, but Ballard gets cheap again. 
Hendrickson has been worth every penny for the Bengals. Autry too for the Titans where Ballard got cheap again.

“Will only pay A money for A player, not A money for B players.” Okay? Then be better to evaluate A and B players.

Colts could have used Hendrickson. 

Ballard needs to do more. Much more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lancer1 said:

I was in a foreign country talking to my Mom on the phone and she suddenly said, “Mike Tyson just got knocked out!” 

Never fire your corner before a title fight and elevate 'yes men' who forget to bring an enswell for your eyes and use melted ice cubes in a rubber glove...lol....I mean common sense says at least empty the water and let what is left be applied and the swelling rubbed out...but hey its Mike Tyson he dont need a corner right.....

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Did you watch Wentz vs the Raiders and at Jacks. Jimmy G wins almost 70% of his games. Wentz had the best RB in the league and a defense that created the most turnovers in the league and we had 2 chances to clinch. Not 1 but 2. No way Jimmy G would've lost those 2 games.

Picture Irsay, Ballard and Frank meeting regarding Wentz.

They have rewatched Wentz's tape. And Irsay ask's Frank the question.

What makes you believe that Carson will be a different, a better player for YOU next season?

And Frank says, i did the best i could do for him, and i have to admit i am disappointed. What we saw this season is who and what he is.

Irsay has said in the past he is not an 8-8 kind of owner. The idea of paying Wentz $28M for a 210 yd a game passer with no real future would chap his....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

This reminds me that I meant to ask you about the kicker whose family you knew. I think he played for the Jets. What is his name? He is retired, no?

Mike Nugent. Yes, he went to our local HS then Ohio State, played for Jets and Bengals. I believe he played for several NFL teams last being 2020 for Arizona and is retired.

Where was this Bengals Defense in the first half?

• Like 1