Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who do you want to face in 1st round of the Playoffs?

ThorstenDenmark

We are so close to be in the playoffs again, so... who do you want to face in the first round?

Titans have more or less won the division, so it looks like we will be the #5 seed.

And http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine it can be a lot of teams, depending on the results.

But if we win out, and kansas win against the bengals, it looks most plausible, that it will be the Bengals we face in round one.

If Bengals win the rest, also not that far fetched, we most likely end up against the Bills.

I know, a lot can happen, but who do you want to face the most?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I would rather have Bengals then Bills. I would really like TN to lose a game and be the 4th seed if we are the 5th.

The Bengals have more ability to be a fully balanced football team, and they have more talent at all the skill positions than the Bills do.  The Bengals are not a one sided offensive football team like the Bills.  We might run into a surprise.  I didn't like how we defended the Bengals last year even though we came back. 

32 minutes ago, #12. said:

Even down 23-0, there's still a chance we could face the Steelers, if they win the next two and the Bengals lose the next two.  

Bengals:  Chiefs, Browns

Steelers:  Browns, Ravens

Interesting; we have problems in Pittsburgh, but assuming we’re not decimated by Covid (to a point it doesn’t matter who we play), we should cruise by Steelers.  

20 minutes ago, fatboy said:

Interesting; we have problems in Pittsburgh, but assuming we’re not decimated by Covid (to a point it doesn’t matter who we play), we should cruise by Steelers.  

Anyone can still win the North.  If the Bengals lose to the Chiefs, it will come down to the final week.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

The Bengals have more ability to be a fully balanced football team, and they have more talent at all the skill positions than the Bills do.  The Bengals are not a one sided offensive football team like the Bills.  We might run into a surprise.  I didn't like how we defended the Bengals last year even though we came back. 

Agreed. And we saw Burrow just SHRED Baltimore today, 7 touchdowns to 0 interceptions in the last 3 games. It's too easy to dismiss them because, well, they're the Bengals, but they seem more formidable now than Tennessee or Buffalo. 

17 minutes ago, ColtV said:

Agreed. And we saw Burrow just SHRED Baltimore today, 7 touchdowns to 0 interceptions in the last 3 games. It's too easy to dismiss them because, well, they're the Bengals, but they seem more formidable now than Tennessee or Buffalo. 

Bengals faced a depleted ravens secondary with no starting caliber QB. Bengals don't scare me if we are healthy. The Chiefs are the team to beat

43 minutes ago, ColtV said:

Well, the Bills just put up 33 points on the #1 passing defense in the league on the road and took the SB champs on the road to OT, a game they should have won, down 24-27 if the refs called PI on Diggs. Patriots were 1 out of 10 on 3rd downs today. The Bills, ever since they took the Bucs to OT, are a different team, would not be surprised if they make it to the AFCCG again. Plus I look at the Bengals who lost to the 49ers and barely scraped past the Broncos, now the 49ers D and the Broncos D are top notch Ds that clearly held Burrow and the Bengals in check, Colts are on par with those Ds, IMO. The Bengals seem to play well against their divisional opponents who all have bad defensive metrics (bottom 5 vs pass or run is what the Ravens and Steelers are) and then everyone plays well against the Raiders (Chiefs who averaged 20 plus points during a 7 game streak averaged 40 plus vs Raiders) who are good for 1 good game in any set of 4 or 5 games, I guess, opposite of Murphy's law with them.

The DVOA metrics of the Bills D is also better. I want no part of playing the Bills right now whose confidence is sky high. The Bengals, they are good offensively but defensively not there yet, IMO. Regardless, a road playoff game is always difficult. Bills will be #3 since the Chiefs will beat the Bengals the next game. We will play the Bengals most likely.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Titans have to really slip up for that to happen in the wild card round.

Maybe, but it’s possible. Buffalo is 1.5 games behind them, Cincy is only 1 game behind them. If they lose to the Dolphins while Cincy and Buffalo win, suddenly they’re the third seed with Buffalo only a half game back of them.

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

Maybe, but it’s possible. Buffalo is 1.5 games behind them, Cincy is only 1 game behind them. If they lose to the Dolphins while Cincy and Buffalo win, suddenly they’re the third seed with Buffalo only a half game back of them.

You do know the Bengals play the Chiefs next who want to hold on to the #1 seeding badly, right? That will shape everything in the AFC, IMO.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I highly doubt it but then again we could hit the lottery haha . We would have to lose out basically and a number of teams would have to win out. Good luck betting on that.

its only 2 games left its not like winning out or losing out is a stretch to happen it could easily. The texans just blasted the chargers today crazier things have happened

Archived