Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts at Cardinals Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

Wow. Huge win if you think about it. I was all over Wentz all game but he drove us down when he had too. I’m shocked we won that game. Arizona was fired up, their fans were fired up. All of our injuries. Gritty gritty win. Shout to all the backups who came in and did there thing. 

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great game. Wasn't pretty but a great win and the right things happened. Sometimes its better to be lucky then it is to be good (not saying the COLTS are not good). 

As people were starting to implode in the GameDay thread it was just saying the course and play Colts' football. MERRY CHRISTMAS for us fans. 

Bah humbug for the CARDS

- Wentz stepped up when he needed to. He was a bit rattled in the beginning of the second half, but he got over it real quickly.

- Good games by Pittman, Taylor and Hilton. Nice TD catch by Patmon

- The OL were able to step up after starting a bit shakey after the injuries. Great depth for sure.

- Our D did damn well against Murray. He had 3 big plays but beyond that he was reduced to a checkdown player.

- Our ST team besides the one weird punt return did real well. They were able to rattle their kicker at least one or two times.

- I hate that we had so many players go down. We'll have to see what their statuses are in a few days.

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

This team has HEART!!! Once we get into the playoffs, we will be a tough out.

Where have all the “season is done” folks now when the OL folks went down? Have a little faith please.

I wasn’t all “the season is done” crowd. But I really was worried about our backups backups backups holding up. And at times, you could see why they’re back ups. That said, they did enough to win and that’s what counts

Gutsy win! Taylor got us started off right and had some big runs when he needed. 

Pittman and TY were very good. MAC had a few nice plays. Wentz made the clutch throws when needed, the Patmon pass was excellent. We committed few penalties on O.

The D was solid. Played a nice bend, don't break game and made few huge mistakes. We tackled well and were disciplined. The TD Rodgers gave up was pretty darn good coverage. Other than letting ertz tear us up in first half, the D was solid. Odum deserves a game ball. 

The missed kick from 53 yards was tough to stomach with it being short. I'm wondering if tonight was Badgley's last game. Otherwise we were solid on STs. 

My only major concerns are the injuries and I really wish Wentz would check it down to the RBs more (he also was off to start 2mph half, but overall he did what he needed to win).

Proud of this team. Early in the year we lost several games late by beating our own selves and letting negative momentum take over.  Tonight, with all the adversity before and during game, the team held strong together. 

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I think Pryor would go to LT.  Kelly will return and Pinter would go to RG if Glow doesn’t return.

Good point. I am actually excited to see if Pryor can play LT. Fisher was walking on sidelines so hopefully it isn’t too bad. I assume glow will be back.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Eh I’m not sure about that. I’ll need to double check that

I think they gave up one.

The most impressive thing to me was JT getting 100 yards with 90% of the line out, and even behind 3rd stringers. this man deserves serious MVP consideration. 

This team comes into this game already fighting with one hand tied behind its back. Doyle is one of the best run blocking TEs in the game, and once he left that became obvious. 

Pittman was clutch, as was Patmon. what a catch and a way to prove you can be trusted to catch the ball with the game on the line!

This team showed it can play anyone all the way down to the 3rd string olineman. great win and what a way to make us all proud to be Colts fans. 

Also, glad to see wentz can be relied on to be clutch. I am not sold on Wentz yet, but i am glad to see him show promise. 

I said before the game if we win this game with all these players out I was going to be impressed well I'm impressed. Where are all the Ballard haters now? This game showed how much depth this team has and all that can be contributed to Ballard and his staff. We can't understate how big of a win this was this was huge. I now believe this team can make a real run for the championship. even with some flaws at receiver and pass rush.  . 

We need to sign Odum after the season. It’s hard to get a backup safety as good as he is. He always makes big plays. Almost forgot we didn’t even have a starting safety.

2 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

Ballard deserves some credit.  He has built a tough team.  The depth is solid.  Not at all positions, but hey, he can’t be perfect.  

The depth is incredible.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Good point. I am actually excited to see if Pryor can play LT. Fisher was walking on sidelines so hopefully it isn’t too bad. I assume glow will be back.

I think they gave up one.

2 sacks but still not terrible. And better than any OL we had from 2012-2018

Archived