Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This week will show how serious we are at contending

ColtJax

We just played tooth and nail with the Bucs, took Tennessee to the edge and lost in a heart breaker to the Ravens. All very good teams. But we lost to the Seahawk's, had to scratch by to beat the Jags, and watched as the Jets back up QB had a field day. Are we the team that plastered the Bills or lost to the 3 win Seahawk's? On paper we should beat the Texan's like a rented mule, 35-14 range. If we really did turn the corner it's not close, if not it's another nail biter against a bottom feeder..

2 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

We just played tooth and nail with the Bucs, took Tennessee to the edge and lost in a heart breaker to the Ravens. All very good teams. But we lost to the Seahawk's, had to scratch by to beat the Jags, and watched as the Jets back up QB had a field day. Are we the team that plastered the Bills or lost to the 3 win Seahawk's? On paper we should beat the Texan's like a rented mule, 35-14 range. If we really did turn the corner it's not close, if not it's another nail biter against a bottom feeder..

May be a nail biter because it is a division game

If we're for real, this shouldn't be a game.

As long as we win comfortably by the spread (-10), I'm happy.

Our D should look good. Texans IMO are easily the worst offense in the league.

Our O should roll, but the Texans D are good/decent in some areas.

Get out to an early lead, rotate some folks in, let some key guys get some rest.

1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

While the Seahawks have 3 wins, we also played them when they had Wilson all healthy, and they normally start hot. Plus our offense really hadn't practice together much at all. The Jets and Jags, sure. The Seahawks are just not a good one to use their record, as we faced them when they were a different team

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If we're for real, this shouldn't be a game.

As long as we win comfortably by the spread (-10), I'm happy.

Our D should look good. Texans IMO are easily the worst offense in the league.

Our O should roll, but the Texans D are good/decent in some areas.

Get out to an early lead, rotate some folks in, let some key guys get some rest.

I agree as I bet my whole online betting account on the Colts -8.5 and the Colts -$440 on the money line. 

4 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I agree as I bet my whole online betting account on the Colts -8.5 and the Colts -$440 on the money line. 

I try not to bet on my teams, and I really don't bet anymore, but if I did, I'd take -8.5 all day every day.

Worst O in the league. And arguably the worst run D in the league too. They could crash the As and nonsense like TB did last week to try and stop our run, but their level of talent overall is far below TBs. And one would think that we'll RTGDB this week after the press from last week. If our O is balanced, we should win by 20 or more. As bad as our D can be, we simply have more talent than them, and our 4 man rush should be more than adequate.

3 hours ago, ColtJax said:

This is a must win but not a gauge of whether this team is a contender.  They could drub Houston and then turn around in a couple weeks and blow another lead against New England. We haven’t had problems beating the bad teams like Houston this season thus far. It’s the winning teams that often put the Colts short comings on display. Should have saved  this thread for Pats week. 

16 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I try not to bet on my teams, and I really don't bet anymore, but if I did, I'd take -8.5 all day every day.

Worst O in the league. And arguably the worst run D in the league too. They could crash the As and nonsense like TB did last week to try and stop our run, but their level of talent overall is far below TBs. And one would think that we'll RTGDB this week after the press from last week. If our O is balanced, we should win by 20 or more. As bad as our D can be, we simply have more talent than them, and our 4 man rush should be more than adequate.

It's up to 10 as of yesterday .

This weekend is an opportunity to set the tone for the remainder of the season make no mistake about it. Can not dismiss the importance of a divional opponent regardless of their or our records. Not only do we have a chance to prove that we can do this, it comes at the expense of a rival. We need to have some serious grit and determination. Dominate this weekend, a close W albeit a W, is not going to cut it imo. Don't look to future, but prove that any in our path going forward know that we mean business. 

Obviously on paper the Colts should beat the Texans fairly easily.

This isn't the same Texans team as the Colts faced in week 6 though. Tyrod Taylor is better. They are still just 2-3 on the year with him but they are not as likely to get blown out with him at QB. They don't have much on offense but they do have Cooks. Overall their defense has been playing better the last few weeks too. The Colts pass d + Taylor's mobility + Cooks = problematic. 

I think the Texans will give the Colts more problems than what people anticipate. 

19 minutes ago, ar7 said:

This isn't the same Texans team as the Colts faced in week 6 though. Tyrod Taylor is better. They are still just 2-3 on the year with him but they are not as likely to get blown out with him at QB. They don't have much on offense but they do have Cooks. Overall their defense has been playing better the last few weeks too. The Colts pass d + Taylor's mobility + Cooks = problematic. 

I think the Texans will give the Colts more problems than what people anticipate. 

To the bolded... if true, then we are just not near as good as we think we are.

Tyrod is a step up from Mills, but he's mediocre at best.

Their pass D, the only thing they really have going for them is Greenard (DE).

And their run D is atrocious. 

And Cooks has the "illness", so not even sure he'll play, or be 100%

2 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Well.....they look pretty * serious.....

I bet they were all scowling and had their eyes only half open.   That's the secret to winning football.   That's when contending happens.

This was not for your post,  just the thread in general 

On 12/4/2021 at 10:45 PM, ar7 said:

They didn't

Archived