Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Titans at Colts Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

The line has been pretty solid the past few games.  Which is impressive since today was the game the whole stating unit played together.  Honestly I was going to say the positive to take away from today was Fisher played well.  

They are getting healthier but the start was very rocky.  They also seem to be drawing more flags this season.  Some bad holding calls at inopportune times.  They have taken a step back from last year. But hopefully they continue to improve and stay healthy.

3 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

On another note...is there even any reason for anyone to watch us on Hard Knocks now?  Our season is just about over...we are living off vapors at this point.  

I'm into pain.. Lol

I'll watch trainwreck Colts tv.

It'll probably be better than GameDay letdowns.

3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

It’s like Frank has performance anxiety.

Usually scripted plays are beautiful. And I genuinely believe he’s a bright guy. But once the game gets going, it’s like he gets in his own way. 

He seems to over think things and tends to be too cute or end up out smarting himself.

Just now, IinD said:

I'm into pain.. Lol

I'll watch trainwreck Colts tv.

It'll probably be better than GameDay letdowns.

Ill be watching too.  Smh 

30 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'll tell you what....

I've seen Wentz play very good games.

I haven't seen Reich coach really well. Ever... 

A matter of fact, most of the bad games I've seen Rivers or Wentz play the past two years coincided with dip sheet play calling or game plans.

Give me the choice of Reich or Wentz, and I believe I'd win more games with Wentz any day with the same level of surrounding talent. Running JT last TN was inexcusable. 16 times in an OT game is just as inexcusable. And we were in bad 3rd down situations almost all game aside from our fast start, and that's on play calling. 51 passes. 16 runs. DUMBAF.

I mean, you guys know that I haven't spared my criticism of Reich and today he has some blame to take on so... I won't fight you on this. I will just say that they are probably a package deal at this point. Frank pretty much hand picked Wentz as his QB so if he cannot make it work with him, I'm not sure he will get the chance to have another go at it. And vice versa too - if Reich is to go, then it's very likely because Wentz didn't work out. So yeah... IMO they are a package deal right now. 

54 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

Too many penalties against us.  Missed PI when Pascal was hit early. Wentz  was not sharp. Defense did good job stopping Henry but we let Brown make plays.Without Campbell and Hilton our receiving is short a playmaker. Cannot put all the receiving burden on Pittman's shoulders. He need some health.  No TE game today.  We need a playmaker on offense, a pass rush and help in the secondary.

Very well said and speaks to the issues for the Colts. 

Worst part is now if you're close to getting in at the end of the year you're scoreboard watching with no control of your own destiny. 

Today was such a letdown, we had them on the ropes and just totally wet the bed.

15 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I really thought the Colts were the better team. I guess I was wrong. Once again we are looking forward to the draft.

I'm NOT even looking forward to that either. More of the same ol same ol... moving down to gain extra picks only to draft marginal players at best. Outside of maybe 4 players (Leonard, Taylor, Pittman and Nelson) that can be considered special Ballard has not drafted what I would consider difference makers. Five years in and STILL no pass rush, a weak secondary, no DYNAMIC playmakers at wr outside Pittman (who's proving to be a beast but not the speed type), weak lb's outside Leonard and a starting young kicker who can't be trusted outside of 45 yds.

The Colts have a LONG way to go under THIS hc and gm to be considered a top tier team. It's starting to look eerily similar to the OTHER first time duo that proceeded them. 

At what point when (not if) we are out of playoff contention do we sit Wentz? Seriously it’s one thing to go for the playoffs and have him play the whole year but if we don’t have a chance which is looking more and more likely are we really just going to give away a 1st round pick that would be in the top 10 range?

40 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Can't believe we got swept by the Titans smh.

Why not?

They are a better team, better coached, better GM. 

Not that they are elite or anything but better than us. Their on their way to another division title while we are on our way to staying home for the playoffs.

Even a wildcard is unlikely. 

1 minute ago, ColtTerp said:

At what point when (not if) we are out of playoff contention do we sit Wentz? Seriously it’s one thing to go for the playoffs and have him play the whole year but if we don’t have a chance which is looking more and more likely are we really just going to give away a 1st round pick that would be in the top 10 range?

IMO they will not sit him until we have any theoretical chance to get in the playoffs(it will be too late to save the pick). 

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

I still like Wentz but they gotta get him to play smarter. 

I think that’s 3 times this season that we’ve had catastrophes or near-catastrophes from him trying to extend a play while he’s about to be sacked.

In today’s case, he was wise not to take the safety.  But he should’ve killed the play instead of trying for a completion.

Of course, it’s more complicated than that.  You have to consider protection and receivers getting open.  But, still, he has a tendency to make bad decisions while under duress.

—Ballard’s answer for what everyone knew was a mediocre WR group was to resign TY and pray Campbell could stay healthy and produce. It is fun watching Pitt develop into a star.  
—Ballard’s first five draft picks (Paye, Dayo, Granson, Davis, Ehlinger) have produced zip. Yes, experts need five years to judge and all that but I’m just a fan so I can say that this draft looks historically bad. And there will be no No. 1 next year. 

—As others have said, Wentz flat out failing to see JT and MO wide open on the last pick and his tendency to panic and fling the ball forward are very concerning trends. These aren’t one-offs. It’s who he is. 
—Ballard is 35-37 but he rewards his own and the culture is great and he loves them picks and the game is won in the trenches and he won’t overpay for free agents and yada yada yada. It’s looking like CB and Reich are nice men but in over their head. 
—I’m glad we have invested a billion dollars and 30 top-20 picks for this fearsome O-line, but maybe enough w the back breaking holding and hands to the face penalties. 

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Why not?

They are a better team, better coached, better GM. 

Not that they are elite or anything but better than us. Their on their way to another division title while we are on our way to staying home for the playoffs.

Even a wildcard is unlikely. 

But hey, we got that 1st round pick to look forward too! :sarcasm:

1 minute ago, ColtTerp said:

The Colts look to be headed for 9-8 or 8-9 season.  That first rounder won't be top 10 in my opinion.  Even if it was, I don't see Ballard sitting Wentz if healthy just to save our first rounder.  It wouldn't look good to other GMs in the league and could bite him when trying to make deals with other teams in the future. 

12 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

They are getting healthier but the start was very rocky.  They also seem to be drawing more flags this season.  Some bad holding calls at inopportune times.  They have taken a step back from last year. But hopefully they continue to improve and stay healthy.

They drew flags last year too, remember the Packers game?  With that said the rocky start was due to injures.

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

I mean, you guys know that I haven't spared my criticism of Reich and today he has some blame to take on so... I won't fight you on this. I will just say that they are probably a package deal at this point. Frank pretty much hand picked Wentz as his QB so if he cannot make it work with him, I'm not sure he will get the chance to have another go at it. And vice versa too - if Reich is to go, then it's very likely because Wentz didn't work out. So yeah... IMO they are a package deal right now. 

I think Wentz plays well when coached well. And that means the right play calling and game plans. We all know he gets in trouble when either he 1) has to play hero ball, or 2) doesn't have good protection. Frank gave him no balance after the early part of the game, and put everything on his back. Forget that you're also taking the ball out of your best offensive player (JT), but your just putting Wentz into a bad position.

I'll take a good play caller + Wentz, and be 100% fine with it. The two games vs TN feels exactly like when Frank was with the Chargers and had the worst balance in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

They drew flags last year too, remember the Packers game?  With that said the rocky start was due to injures.

Yes...that Packers game was awful.  Lol. We really tried to lose that one but won in spite of ourselves.  A rare win against a good team with an elite QB.  

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

It wouldn't look good to other GMs in the league and could bite him when trying to make deals with other teams in the future

that wouldn't be a priority to me, we dont even make many conditional trades.  I doubt they will sit him though 

The QB is an area of concern. He does not seem to be able to throw the ball away and has this habit of thinking he can just pitch it forward at the last second. He’s done that like 3 times this season now. He also clearly has no idea what a check down is.

Pass defense is horrible as usual. 

Pass rush non existent as usual 

Awful play calling and game planning

Im very concerned with the trend that this team seems to have with being bad in the same areas every single year. Record aside we seem to get the same Colts every year.

Just horrible playcalling by Reich, again.

I hate our defensive scheme with a passion.

Ballard needs to do better, but right now it's looking like he's put us in a bit of a bind. To get to the next level we need elite DE(s) NOW, but we don't have the cash to get them. We need more offensive firepower, but we don't have the cash to get it. Besides Pittman we have nothing at WR or TE. JT is our best player and he doesn't get enough touches. It's just a huge mess.

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

The QB is an area of concern. He does not seem to be able to throw the ball away and has this habit of thinking he can just pitch it forward at the last second. He’s done that like 3 times this season now. He also clearly has no idea what a check down is.

Pass defense is horrible as usual. 

Pass rush non existent as usual 

Awful play calling and game planning

Im very concerned with the trend that this team seems to have with being bad in the same areas every single year. Record aside we seem to get the same Colts every year.

No matter who we sign or draft it never seems to improve does it?  Maybe that's the script that this franchise is assigned to play.  Makes you wonder. 

Archived