Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injuries

bsteves

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AustexColt said:

If you watched OSU they rarely used Parris due to his fragility.

Incorrect. He was rarely injured in college and when he was, it wasn't bad.

3 hours ago, AustexColt said:

What's wrong with Braden Smith???? 

Gregg Doyle, is that you?

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

i think keke coute can replace him he is fast and has good experience and is only 24 years old he already had big games

I think he can definitely help fill that role, but keep in mind that he's had injury issues too.

6 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I was saying the Patriots had a deep threat even when they didn't have moss

They really haven't. They were almost exclusively possession style receivers with maybe a few exceptions. Rarely were teams worried about a Patriots WR taking the top off of the defense.

1 minute ago, Shive said:

Gregg Doyle, is that you?

I think he can definitely help fill that role, but keep in mind that he's had injury issues too.

They really haven't. They were almost exclusively possession style receivers with maybe a few exceptions. Rarely were teams worried about a Patriots WR taking the top off of the defense.

They ran past first down marker on every throw and branch could take top off defense

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Campbell's career is about over. I hate to say that but he gets injured all the time. Likable guy and great talent but just can't stay healthy 

Before I agree with anything like this I'm willing to wait to see if he's ruled out this week. 

2 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

You must be infatuated with the word bust. It’s your word not mine. 

I’m easily amused at how often people here use the word. 

Quincy Wilson is a bust.

Parris Campbell is not.   He’s a disappointment due to circumstances out of his control. 

23 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I agree. Think he’s more unlucky than anything. Which is highly unfortunate, because it’s obvious the skill and talent are there when he can actually play. 

Yup, he's got talent for sure. Reich doesn't go long a lot, but when he does, we need a guy like PC. If Reich somehow wants to start going long on a regular basis, I think we might have to grab another speed Z/slot next year if TY retires. I really would like to see Coutee temp elevated a few games now that he's had time to pick up the playbook. Really doesn't need to do much more than a deep slant or go route to be dangerous though.

A person who is constantly injured isn’t a bust. A bust is when they are bad.

Just now, EastStreet said:

Yup, he's got talent for sure. Reich doesn't go long a lot, but when he does, we need a guy like PC. If Reich somehow wants to start going long on a regular basis, I think we might have to grab another speed Z/slot next year if TY retires. I really would like to see Coutee temp elevated a few games now that he's had time to pick up the playbook. Really doesn't need to do much more than a deep slant or go route to be dangerous though.

Dulin is fast. Going to be interesting if we use him going  deep mode.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Parris is on a different level. He's low 4.3s, I think even faster than TY in his prime.

Dulin is fast (low 4.4s), but Reich has been using him more as a possession type receiver and clear out guy. 

I'd love to see Dulin in the slot though. He's plenty of fast to burn LBs.

Coutee is about the same speed as Dulin, but Coutee has more wiggle/agility.

29 minutes ago, Shive said:

Yup, 90 completions and 1100+ his senior year isn't a low usage type year.

He also got several running plays, mostly sweeps, but plays you don't run with a glass type of guy.

29 minutes ago, Shive said:

Depends which role IMO. I like what Coutee brings, but like I mentioned, PC is a whole other level of speed. 

And I think we were trying to develop PC into TY's replacement at Z. Would have been a nice swap as both are 4.3s guys.

Not saying Coutee can't play Z. He's fast "enough", just not elite burner speed for the deep stuff.

I love having Coutee as an option though. Thought it was a great pick up.

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He also got several running plays, mostly sweeps, but plays you don't run with a glass type of guy.

Depends which role IMO. I like what Coutee brings, but like I mentioned, PC is a whole other level of speed. 

And I think we were trying to develop PC into TY's replacement at Z. Would have been a nice swap as both are 4.3s guys.

Not saying Coutee can't play Z. He's fast "enough", just not elite burner speed for the deep stuff.

Coutee a 4.4 guy he doesn't have as much speed as Campbell but he should be better than dulin

27 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Coutee a 4.4 guy he doesn't have as much speed as Campbell but he should be better than dulin

Coutee and Dulin have almost identical 40s. 

Coutee slightly better agility/wiggle measurables. 

Dulin      Coutee 

40                     4.43        4.43

Short shuttle     4.22       4.15 

3 cone               7.00       6.93

Vertical              38.0       34.5

Height               73.38     69.75

Weight               215       181

So very similar. The big difference is Dulin has 3.5 inches and around 35 lbs on Coutee.

Dulin also has 3.5 inches on him vertical wise, so Dulin has about 7 inches overall on him when it comes to high point.

8 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Interesting, I thought a draft bust was a wasted draft pick, which Campbell clearly was. Also the term busted seems to fit Campbell well since he literally always has a busted body part. Like literally. 

Next year, while we wait for him to get hurt again, practice squad seems like a good idea for Campbell. Any colts coach that takes snaps away from a healthy wd to give to Campbell is nuts. 

11 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Parris is on a different level. He's low 4.3s, I think even faster than TY in his prime.

Dulin is fast (low 4.4s), but Reich has been using him more as a possession type receiver and clear out guy. 

I'd love to see Dulin in the slot though. He's plenty of fast to burn LBs.

Coutee is about the same speed as Dulin, but Coutee has more wiggle/agility.

I don't think Parris had that kind of speed post injury...he never got the chance to use it before he lost it...tough break. I keep hearing this get this best player with the thickest ankle talk to limit inj. 

Dulin is as fast as Campbell. Players always mention how he is the fastest guy on the team. Reich loves Dulin physical traits. I think he will be getting a bigger role. Reich said he believes Dulin can be a great player in this league.

This WR group is going to need some re tooling this offseason. Which takes away from other areas of need. 

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m easily amused at how often people here use the word. 

Quincy Wilson is a bust.

Parris Campbell is not.   He’s a disappointment due to circumstances out of his control. 

You make a ton of assumptions here about what is and isnt in his control.

How is his diet? How is his offseason training program? What's his training regimen look like? Does he follow the rehap training to the letter?

Lets not assume he's doing things correctly and none of this is out of his control.

12 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I wonder if Colts fans are much higher on Coutee than others?   His only 2 career over 100 yard games were against the Colts.  

I wouldn't mind seeing him get some playing time.  

9 minutes ago, Myles said:

I wonder if Colts fans are much higher on Coutee than others?   His only 2 career over 100 yard games were against the Colts.  

I think his issue has been injuries. I was looking at his stats and is seems if he had stayed healthy he was on track for around 800 yards last season. The good thing with him id we can elevate him and try him out before putting him on the 53.

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Dulin is as fast as Campbell. Players always mention how he is the fastest guy on the team. Reich loves Dulin physical traits. I think he will be getting a bigger role. Reich said he believes Dulin can be a great player in this league.

This WR group is going to need some re tooling this offseason. Which takes away from other areas of need. 

No dulin does not look as fast as Campbell

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Campbell run 4.3 Dulin runs 4.43

The description of "Bust" from a article online.I highlighted a couple sentences: 

■"First, let’s define the word “bust.” Over the last few years I have always defined a bust as a player who does not play up to the level expected from where he was drafted. In saying that, it can be a lot easier for a player drafted in the top 5 to be a bust than it is for a player taken in the bottom 5 of the first round. Much more is expected of a top 5 player since he is supposedly one of the elite players in his class.

Busts aren’t just players who fail that were first-round picks but also players who were former second- and third-round picks. After the third round I feel it’s almost impossible to label a player who didn’t work out as a bust" ■

It also stated,  which I didn't  cut &pastethat injury can also be a reason for a player to be labeled a bust.

Paris Campbell was drafted in the 2nd round and has not played up to the level where he was drafted. 

I have no idea what Ballard's board was on that draft day, I mean if he didn't draft Campbell would he have drafted another WR instead or a player at a different position?  .... But knowing he passed up on other WR's like Brown & Metcalf to draft Campbell kinda makes the decision to draft him and his failure to produce for us  more frustrating. 

He may suit up for us again later this year or next season OR be released....either way hope he comes back and stays healthy and contribute to whatever team. 

:thmup:

3 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

You make a ton of assumptions here about what is and isnt in his control.

How is his diet? How is his offseason training program? What's his training regimen look like? Does he follow the rehap training to the letter?

Lets not assume he's doing things correctly and none of this is out of his control.

Ahhh….    

I think you’re the one who has made a ton of assumptions.    You have Parris guilty until he proves himself innocent.    Mighty decent of you. 

This is where Ballard, and his obsession with character comes into play.   Knowing that, I don’t have to worry about any of those things. 

I actually read stories about players.   I actually view and listen to interviews.   I try to be aware as best I can.   There are no Red Flags for PC and his character.  Ballard has literally said Parris does all the right things in his rehab.    But if you want to believe there are simply because you’re frustrated — go ahead.   Your call, not mine.   

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ahhh….    

I think you’re the one who has made a ton of assumptions.    You have Parris guilty until he proves himself innocent.    Mighty decent of you. 

This is where Ballard, and his obsession with character comes into play.   Knowing that, I don’t have to worry about any of those things. 

I actually read stories about players.   I actually view and listen to interviews.   I try to be aware as best I can.   There are no Red Flags for PC and his character.  Ballard has literally said Parris does all the right things in his rehab.    But if you want to believe there are simply because you’re frustrated — go ahead.   Your call, not mine.   

Way to shift the goal posts and condescend when you do it too. Since your angle on this board is to show us all how much smarter you are...here's a chance to prove it. The statement was "Paris Campbell is a bust" and you said he's not. Please, come down from the mountaintop and learn us...

1. He's played in 14 games of a possible 38. BUST.

2. He averages 25 yards per game in the games he's played. BUST.

3. Factor in opportunity cost and he's worth 20 yards a game and 1 TD every 19 games. BUST.

4. He has 2 TD's in 3 seasons as a #1 or #2 WR. BUST.

Here's one more little tidbit for you to chew on. You know how guys like to trash players around here for hype but not proving anything? Sometimes posters make statements like "hes been great in training camp" or "I actually read stories about players" but they dont back it up with anything substantial - you know what I mean?

Darick Rogers played in 5 games - FIVE and he has as many TDs and 35% of the total yards as Campbell does IN HIS CAREER.

Therefore, Darick Rogers is arguably the best WR this team has ever had....because, you know, I actually read a story about it where Bill Belicheck, Peyton Manning and Vince Lombardi said it. 

8 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I don't think Parris had that kind of speed post injury...he never got the chance to use it before he lost it...tough break. I keep hearing this get this best player with the thickest ankle talk to limit inj. 

lol.... definitely a failure to scout the ankles lol...

In all seriousness, I don't think he lost that much speed. That catch he had a few games ago where he got popped, he totally flew by guys. He had plenty of separation on the play he got injured on as well. Not saying he's still low 4.3s, but he's still elite when it comes to speed.

7 hours ago, Myles said:

I'd think that Colts fans naturally remember him more lol.. But I think he's got good upside. 

And I think he's got high upside if used correctly. We don't always use WRs to their strengths though. Coutee IMO should be used on go routes and slants first, then add from there. Use him like Kingsbury did at Texas Tech. 

11 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

Way to shift the goal posts and condescend when you do it too. Since your angle on this board is to show us all how much smarter you are...here's a chance to prove it. The statement was "Paris Campbell is a bust" and you said he's not. Please, come down from the mountaintop and learn us...

1. He's played in 14 games of a possible 38. BUST.

2. He averages 25 yards per game in the games he's played. BUST.

3. Factor in opportunity cost and he's worth 20 yards a game and 1 TD every 19 games. BUST.

4. He has 2 TD's in 3 seasons as a #1 or #2 WR. BUST.

Here's one more little tidbit for you to chew on. You know how guys like to trash players around here for hype but not proving anything? Sometimes posters make statements like "hes been great in training camp" or "I actually read stories about players" but they dont back it up with anything substantial - you know what I mean?

Darick Rogers played in 5 games - FIVE and he has as many TDs and 35% of the total yards as Campbell does IN HIS CAREER.

Therefore, Darick Rogers is arguably the best WR this team has ever had....because, you know, I actually read a story about it where Bill Belicheck, Peyton Manning and Vince Lombardi said it. 

You and I need to go our separate ways.    We're not going to find common ground.    I'm not going to come up with an argument that's going to make you say.....   "Oh, I get it now!"    Yeah,  that's not happening,.

We see the football world differently.    I don't see that changing.

We should try to avoid each other.     That would likely be helpful.

Good luck.    Enjoy the website.

On 10/19/2021 at 6:12 AM, EastStreet said:

Coutee and Dulin have almost identical 40s. 

Coutee slightly better agility/wiggle measurables. 

Dulin      Coutee 

40                     4.43        4.43

Short shuttle     4.22       4.15 

3 cone               7.00       6.93

Vertical              38.0       34.5

Height               73.38     69.75

Weight               215       181

So very similar. The big difference is Dulin has 3.5 inches and around 35 lbs on Coutee.

Dulin also has 3.5 inches on him vertical wise, so Dulin has about 7 inches overall on him when it comes to high point.

Dulin doesn't look anywhere close to as dynamic or explosive to me. No idea if anything has hindered him physically since those tests, but I've never watched Dulin in the NFL and thought - wow, that's an athlete. He looks average at best... the number of times I've expected him to evade a tackle or outrun someone just to be left disappointed are not a few. 

48 minutes ago, stitches said:

Dulin doesn't look anywhere close to as dynamic or explosive to me. No idea if anything has hindered him physically since those tests, but I've never watched Dulin in the NFL and thought - wow, that's an athlete. He looks average at best... the number of times I've expected him to evade a tackle or outrun someone just to be left disappointed are not a few. 

I don’t think Dulin has had that many opportunities to show what he can do. He might get more now. 

5 hours ago, stitches said:

He's on returns, so hard to say he's not dynamic for that size. I don't see him elite speed wise, but he's fast. I think part of the issue is simply the fact he's used on possession type routes, and does a lot of dirty work like rubs and stuff. He'll never be a Parris type with electric jets, but I think he'd be more than fine at slot, and could toast most LBs and Ss.

Archived