Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injuries

bsteves

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

That's nonsense.     The Patriots dominated for a decade plus without a guy that could go deep

What did Randy moss do for Brady. He turned him from an efficient QB to leading the league in tds. We need a deep threat that stays healthy and reaches their potential not another Anthony Gonzales or Austin collie

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stephen said:

What did Randy moss do for Brady. He turned him from an efficient QB to leading the league in tds. We need a deep threat that stays healthy and reaches their potential not another Anthony Gonzales or Austin collie

How many superbowls did Brady win with Moss?

Just now, Stephen said:

Yet Brady won all Super Bowls in New England without Moss.  They couldn’t get over the hump with him.

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It’s ignorant nonsense. 

Getting injured playing NFL doesn’t make you a bust.  Not being very good makes you a bust.   Not being devoted to your job makes you a bust.   Partying and getting drunk or stoned makes you a bust.   

Getting injured makes you unlucky or unfortunate.    It doesn’t make you a bust. 

You must be infatuated with the word bust. It’s your word not mine. 

6 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Just like colts couldn't win with edgerrin James it wasn't that the team wasn't good enough just bad luck

Just saying sighting a guy the Pats didn’t win a Super Bowl with as an example of why they need a WR like that isn’t the best argument in the world.  Plenty of teams have won Super Bowls without a WR like Moss.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Just saying sighting a guy the Pats didn’t win a Super Bowl with as an example of why they need a WR like that isn’t the best argument in the world.  Plenty of teams have won Super Bowls without a WR like Moss.

Yea but not many have gotten there without elite play makers on one side of the ball. Infact one year Edelman set some kind of playoff record

2 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Well all of them can once in a while, surely you understand that wasn’t what he was known for. 

He averaged 11 yards a reception gronk averaged 14.5 a reception and Deon branch 12.8. they were all chain movers that could occasionally strike deep. Even Edelman who has the lowest yards per reception of the group had a few 60 plus yard plays

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

He averaged 11 yards a reception gronk averaged 14.5 a reception and Deon branch 12.8. they were all chain movers that could occasionally strike deep. Even Edelman who has the lowest yards per reception of the group had a few 60 plus yard plays

Ok…so when someone mentions Edelman, you think deep threat? I’m curious what you would consider TY? I believe he has caught a few short passes. 

11 minutes ago, Stephen said:

And yards per a reception probably includes yards after catch? 

7 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Ok…so when someone mentions Edelman, you think deep threat? I’m curious what you would consider TY? I believe he has caught a few short passes. 

My point is that Edelman could catch passes at every level of the field. He wasn't limited to just short passes. If you can't stretch the field teams will load up box to stop both the run and short passing game

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

My point is that Edelman could catch passes at every level of the field. He wasn't limited to just short passes. If you can't stretch the field teams will load up box to stop both the run and short passing game

I only responded when you were trying to claim Edelman was known for being a deep threat. 

To the rest, yea I mean I mostly agree, but isn’t that the point Jvan was making…that the Patriots were able to win for years without any real deep threat?  

24 minutes ago, Stephen said:

For comparison sake Marvin Harrison averaged 13.2 yards a reception, branch 12.8, moss 15.6 Gronk 14.5

Ok,  what does that have to do with deep target receptions?  Moss was maybe the best of all time,   they didn't win the ring that year.   Gronk is and was a freak.   He isn't known for 60+ yard tds.   He is the best at getting huge gains in the seam.   

37 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I want to see Patmon get reps.  I think he can do what Pascal has done if given the opportunity. 

Pascal is very physical. Patmon has been know (even called out by his college coach) to be the opposite of physical. 

I do think Patmon could be successful on slants and go routes, but I think he's simply limited when it comes to possession type routes.

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Just watched the play a few times. 

Total freak type of injury. 

His foot was vertical, toe to the ground, then a couple hundred pounds with build up momentum comes down directly on his heel. 

That's not a "glass" type of injury. 

Exactly. Everyone is acting like he injured himself in practice or did it to himself. Literally anyone at anytime could have what happened to him happen. 

3 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Exactly. Everyone is acting like he injured himself in practice or did it to himself. Literally anyone at anytime could have what happened to him happen. 

It's the fact that it seems to always happen to Campbell that is the problem

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Campbell's career is about over. I hate to say that but he gets injured all the time. Likable guy and great talent but just can't stay healthy 

Disappointing and very true. Maybe next year he plays 8 games. :dunno:

18 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Yup. The glass narrative really doesn't hold up here, or if you at his other injuries, there either.... 

Still, the sheer frequency of his injuries can't be ignored. 

I'd say he's not glass, but he is awfully unlucky. 

And either way, we need a guy who is available. 

As long as we have TY, or a guy like Coutee ready to pop up, I think we'll be OK.

1 hour ago, Btown_Colt said:

I only responded when you were trying to claim Edelman was known for being a deep threat. 

To the rest, yea I mean I mostly agree, but isn’t that the point Jvan was making…that the Patriots were able to win for years without any real deep threat?  

I was saying the Patriots had a deep threat even when they didn't have moss

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. The glass narrative really doesn't hold up here, or if you at his other injuries, there either.... 

Still, the sheer frequency of his injuries can't be ignored. 

I'd say he's not glass, but he is awfully unlucky. 

And either way, we need a guy who is available. 

As long as we have TY, or a guy like Coutee ready to pop up, I think we'll be OK.

I agree. Think he’s more unlucky than anything. Which is highly unfortunate, because it’s obvious the skill and talent are there when he can actually play. 

Archived