Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injuries

bsteves

Parris suffered a "significant" injury to his foot. Supposedly it happened on the 51 yd bomb. I didn't notice anything in particular on the play so this confuses me a bit.. it being a foot injury is the cherry on top.

Good news for TY is his quad seems to be doing good.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bsteves said:

Parris suffered a "significant" injury to his foot. Supposedly it happened on the 51 yd bomb. I didn't notice anything in particular on the play so this confuses me a bit.. it being a foot injury is the cherry on top.

Good news for TY is his quad seems to be doing good.

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/1450174815307014145?t=F7j0HLmXcVJcfeNg0FcIiw&s=19

Sigh…. At least TY has good news.

12 minutes ago, bsteves said:

I'm not sure how to show the tweet on the forum like Chloe and others..

I got it for you. You just need to hit the share icon on the tweet, then select "Copy Link to Tweet" and paste that here. It'll automatically embed.

There’s gonna be a very interesting decision when it comes to Campbell. We all know that he cannot stay healthy. It’s possible we have some kind of congenital condition were perhaps his bones and ligaments aren’t that strong. But if he’s out for the season I wonder what the team is going to do about him

9 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Very unfortunate for Campbell but it's pretty evident the guy is made of glass. Ballard needs to add another young playmaker at WR in the offseason and let Parris go. 

I suspect Parris will be kept.   He’ll be on the last year of his rookie deal.   So he’ll be cheap with possible upside.   

And remember, he wasn’t made of glass at Ohio State.   Started for 3 years.   I think 39 straight starts.   Stuff happens. 

15 minutes ago, B~Town said:

Watch how his foot gets trapped under the defender I though he was not going to get back up . Was hopeful when he popped back up though . 

Saw this after I posted. Yup, the defender landed on his foot.  They showed Parris on the bench after the play and he was pointing to his foot.

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I suspect Parris will be kept.   He’ll be on the last year of his rookie deal.   So he’ll be cheap with possible upside.   

And remember, he wasn’t made of glass at Ohio State.   Started for 3 years.   I think 39 straight starts.   Stuff happens. 

Not this much stuff. He’s officially injury prone and as sad as it is to say, his being constantly unavailable makes him very replaceable. 

40 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Very unfortunate for Campbell but it's pretty evident the guy is made of glass. Ballard needs to add another young playmaker at WR in the offseason and let Parris go. 

Going to need 2 this off-season…

T.Y and Campbell will be gone

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Seems Coutee would be a nice fit for Campbell. He has played at a high level in the slot. I am not sure Harris has shown enough. Patmon doesn’t seem like a good fit. I think whoever has the best speed so we can keep that deep threat going should be called up.

Coutee can be brought up from practice squad twice while Harris can not be elevated anymore so would need to be signed. If it is close decision between the two this could come into play. However since Harris was brought up over Coutee it may not be that close for those making the decision.

We havent heard much on Patmon returning from injury as yet but he isnt a fit for that spot, he takes snaps from Strachan.

3 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Coutee can be brought up from practice squad twice while Harris can not be elevated anymore so would need to be signed. If it is close decision between the two this could come into play. However since Harris was brought up over Coutee it may not be that close for those making the decision.

We havent heard much on Patmon returning from injury as yet but he isnt a fit for that spot, he takes snaps from Strachan.

Whoever gets called up it will be a permanent 53 man roster signing. It sounds like Patmon is ready they were just waiting for a roster spot. I hate to say it bur Strachan is almost taking up a roster spot we can’t afford. We can’t afford him just being on the bench.

Just now, Myles said:

I don't think Campbell is going anywhere.   He's still on his rookie deal and has shown flashes.   I like him and hope they keep him.   Just bad luck is all.  

Nor until after 22.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Whoever gets called up it will be a permanent 53 man roster signing. It sounds like Patmon is ready they were just waiting for a roster spot. I hate to say it bur Strachan is almost taking up a roster spot we can’t afford. We can’t afford him just being on the bench.

Nor until after 22.

Disagree, if they want to take a look at Coutee they can do that for 2 games through P.S. and not burn a roster spot which is the smart move. If he plays well they can then add him to the 53 and make a cut then. It's a numbers game with P.S. at this point which the clubs all know and you use it to full effect. Now if the definitely want Harris it has to be a spot on the 53 as stated above.

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Disagree, if they want to take a look at Coutee they can do that for 2 games through P.S. and not burn a roster spot which is the smart move. If he plays well they can then add him to the 53 and make a cut then. It's a numbers game with P.S. at this point which the clubs all know and you use it to full effect. Now if the definitely want Harris it has to be a spot on the 53 as stated above.

You have a good point. I didn’t think of that. With these PS rules they can try him out before putting him permantely on the roster.

I feel but for Paris as he has had just the worst luck with injuries.

Really a shame too because I think your offense can be way different when you have receivers like Pittman, Hilton, and Campbell. Campbell hasn't produced consistently in the NFL but his speed/talent is there and things are just different when you have those 3 on the field vs the other receivers.

37 minutes ago, ar7 said:

I feel but for Paris as he has had just the worst luck with injuries.

Really a shame too because I think your offense can be way different when you have receivers like Pittman, Hilton, and Campbell. Campbell hasn't produced consistently in the NFL but his speed/talent is there and things are just different when you have those 3 on the field vs the other receivers.

Yeah the offense is different with those 3 out there. Campbell just can’t stay healthy though. If we bring him back fine. However if we draft a replacement it’s understandable. 

Angry, frustrated, but most of all, I feel so bad for Parris. The guy seems like a great kid. Humble, smart. He talked to Keefer about entering a dark place with his prior injuries. I can only imagine how he feels now. I pray for him. 

19 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Yeah the offense is different with those 3 out there. Campbell just can’t stay healthy though. If we bring him back fine. However if we draft a replacement it’s understandable. 

They should keep him and draft a replacement. He only counts 1 million next year. 

5 minutes ago, cbear said:

Angry, frustrated, but most of all, I feel so bad for Parris. The guy seems like a great kid. Humble, smart. He talked to Keefer about entering a dark place with his prior injuries. I can only imagine how he feels now. I pray for him. 

He is a great kid. I don’t think I have ever seen anything like this before. He has his second baby on the way early next year. I think someone who posted above might be on to something about some kind of genetic disorder with his bones and ligaments. Otherwise it just does not make sense. I mean we see players get smashed a thousand times harder then he did yesterday and they never get hurt.

Archived