Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CR91 updated 53 man roster

CR91

QB - Wentz, Eason, Ehlinger (3)

RB - Taylor, Mack, Hines, Wilkins (4)

WR - Hilton, Pittman, Pascal, Campbell, Strachen, Dulin (6)

TE - Doyle, MAC, Granson (3)

LT - Fisher, Holden, Tevi (2)

LG - Nelson, Reed (2)

C - Kelly, Hunt (2)

RG - Glowinski, Pinter (2)

RT - Smith, Davenport (2)

Offense - 26

RE - Paye, Turay, Benogu (3)

NT - Stewart, Woods (2)

DT - Buckner, Rochell (2)

LE - Odeyingbo, Lewis, Mohammed(2)

Will - Leonard, Speed(2)

Mike - Okereke, Franklin (2)

Sam -  Adams, Glasgow(2)

CB - Moore, Rhodes, Carrie, Ya-Sin, Rodgers (5)

FS - Blackmon, Odum (2)

SS - Willis, Chachere (2)

Defense - 24

K- Blankenship

P- Sanchez

H- Rhodes

ST- 3

PS - Patmon, Tell, Harris, McLay, Fries, O'Donnell, Brown, Jefferson, Moore, Chris Williams, Jordan Thomas, Hill, Black, Vaughns, Elderkamp, Shawn Davis

6 hours ago, CR91 said:

QB - Wentz, Eason, Ehlinger (3)

RB - Taylor, Mack, Hines, Wilkins (4)

WR - Hilton, Pittman, Pascal, Campbell, Strachen, Dulin (6)

TE - Doyle, MAC, Granson (3)

LT - Fisher, Holden, Tevi (2)

LG - Nelson, Reed (2)

C - Kelly, Hunt (2)

RG - Glowinski, Pinter (2)

RT - Smith, Davenport (2)

Offense - 26

RE - Paye, Turay, Benogu (3)

NT - Stewart, Woods (2)

DT - Buckner, Rochell (2)

LE - Odeyingbo, Lewis, Mohammed(2)

Will - Leonard, Speed(2)

Mike - Okereke, Franklin (2)

Sam -  Adams, Glasgow(2)

CB - Moore, Rhodes, Carrie, Ya-Sin, Rodgers (5)

FS - Blackmon, Odum (2)

SS - Willis, Chachere (2)

Defense - 24

K- Blankenship

P- Sanchez

H- Rhodes

ST- 3

PS - Patmon, Tell, Harris, McLay, Fries, O'Donnell, Brown, Jefferson, Moore, Chris Williams, Jordan Thomas, Hill, Black, Vaughns, Elderkamp, Shawn Davis

How long would Tell and Patmon last on the PS before being plucked away? 

I wouldnt be surprised if there is some further look for a last cut OT from another team to see if we could get even a little bit better depth.  

The play at OT against the Panthers was really bad..... against non starters.

I think we are ok with current depth at all other spots

Tough decisions to make. Tell won’t last on the practice squad. Patmon I’m not sure about. Colts fans seem to really like Patmon but he just seems like a normal late round WR. 

Also,  I hope they keep Shawn Davis. For no other reason than I have a good feeling about him. 

45 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Who would you cut over them?  I think we are going to lose a good player somewhere this year, not the worst problem to have.  

Not sure, but glad I don't have to make that decision.    Patmon or Dulin would be a tough one for me. 

2 hours ago, Myles said:

How long would Tell and Patmon last on the PS before being plucked away? 

not long. I think the league is aware that BDB does his thing with our depth. 

edit: @Mylesalso, i think the colts staff over in Philly might snag them. 

1 hour ago, AustinnKaine said:

not long. I think the league is aware that BDB does his thing with our depth. 

edit: @Mylesalso, i think the colts staff over in Philly might snag them. 

Tell and Patmon both seem to be players who could have a roster spot on 10-12 NFL teams.  

8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Tell and Patmon are unknowns in this league. I'm sure we can sneak them and if not, not a big loss.

I don't think there are that many "unknowns" in the league.   I was told that most teams scouts are scouting other teams at this time of year.   A couple weeks ago there was a newscast that devoted a 3 minute segment to Tell and the improvements he has made.   

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

I don't think there are that many "unknowns" in the league.   I was told that most teams scouts are scouting other teams at this time of year.   A couple weeks ago there was a newscast that devoted a 3 minute segment to Tell and the improvements he has made.   

You hardly hear anything about either player in camp nor do they have much play time experience. Could they been taken? Sure, but I don't see it as a major loss. Keep in mind, the 6th WR is on the roster to mostly play gunner. Something Patmon hasn't done.

18 minutes ago, CR91 said:

You hardly hear anything about either player in camp nor do they have much play time experience. Could they been taken? Sure, but I don't see it as a major loss. Keep in mind, the 6th WR is on the roster to mostly play gunner. Something Patmon hasn't done.

I mostly agree, but saying that other teams scout each other.   When there have been many newscast and articles on a borderline player, be certain that Tell is on a couple teams boards to bring in for a look-see.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/film/film-room-marvell-tell-expectations

23 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I’m hoping we replace both Tevi and Davenport with fringe LTs that some team cuts.

As hard as this is to believe….  The odds of finding fringe tackles better than Tevi and Davenport are not good.   It’s possible, but it’s not likely.   

It’s not that our guys are that good.  But tackles who are cut when every team needs them are typically even worse. 

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

As hard as this is to believe….  The odds of finding fringe tackles better than Tevi and Davenport are not good.   It’s possible, but it’s not likely.   

It’s not that our guys are that good.  But tackles who are cut when every team needs them are typically even worse. 

Yep. There's such a large shortage of tackles in the NFL, that a decent starter is exceedingly rare to find at this point in the year. That's a position each GM will try to retain as much as possible. 

11 hours ago, Two_pound said:

I think Stallworth makes it over Rochelle and I would keep Kaufusi over Glasnow or Franklin. Linebacker is going to be a tough cut down. I think Leonard, Okereke, Speed, and Adams are locks. The other 2(or 3) spots are up for grabs

I think Adams is gone, Jefferson played the most snaps of an defender opening game and played well (He also is a special teams ace so showing up big on D reinforced his value).

Leonard,Oke,Speed,Franklin,Jefferson are in...last spot Glagow,Kaufusi competing vs Adams with Skai Moore with a slight chance.

1 hour ago, Matabix said:

I would use Wilkins, Campbell and Pineiro as trade bait. Add Lemay and another WR, maybe Vaughns to 53.

Wilkins maybe, but they're not giving up on Campbell. Patmon perhaps if he continues to play well, but only because we have Pittman, Strachan, and Pascal that are all capable Xs. We have a shortage of speed/Z/slot guys like Campbell.

2 hours ago, Matabix said:

I would use Wilkins, Campbell and Pineiro as trade bait. Add Lemay and another WR, maybe Vaughns to 53.

No one trades for a kicker. As for Campbell, He's not gonna get moved. Wilkins we'd be lucky to get a 6th

18 hours ago, Two_pound said:

I think Stallworth makes it over Rochelle and I would keep Kaufusi over Glasnow or Franklin. Linebacker is going to be a tough cut down. I think Leonard, Okereke, Speed, and Adams are locks. The other 2(or 3) spots are up for grabs

Stallworth isn't really in competition with Rochell. Stallworth is likely battling it out with Brown and Woods.

Rochell is competing with AQM, but also has tweener potential for 3T. Rochell's stock has also gone up the last couple weeks per several media reports. 

1 hour ago, Two_pound said:

After watching the 2 preseason games I'm predicting(and hoping) Kaufusi makes the 53. He has an incredible awareness on the field. So now I have Leonard, Okereke, Adams, Speed, and Kaufusi. Probably keep one more, maybe 2.

We kept 7 LBs last year. High number, but mostly for STs.

I think Kaufusi has done enough to take Glasgow's job...

I'm thinking

Leonard - WILL

Okereke - MIKE

Fanklin - SAM, plus STs ace

Jefferson - has had a good camp

Speed - he's still a #2 on the depth chart at WILL, but would love to see something from him

Adams - Has had some great snaps in the PS games, and has always been good on STs.

Kaufusi - flashing a lot and making a case for STs.

2 hours ago, Two_pound said:

After watching the 2 preseason games I'm predicting(and hoping) Kaufusi makes the 53. He has an incredible awareness on the field. So now I have Leonard, Okereke, Adams, Speed, and Kaufusi. Probably keep one more, maybe 2.

Franklin and Jefferson are both making it. Adams seemed in trouble but Saturday helped himself. If we keep 7 Kaufusi makes it if 6 he may not. Glasgow in trouble no matter how it is sliced

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Interested Spock GIF by Star Trek

Archived