Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 15(8/17)

Restinpeacesweetchloe

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

There is no other WR on this roster that does what Parris does. At least not close to how good he is. Parris raises the ceiling of this team a lot.

Ah,  Bo = No.   Ok, I didn't want to assume.  That makes a lot of sense.  I didn't see him in jeopardy either, because of his speed.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, il vecchio said:

Maybe consider trading Campbell (a potential #1 WR) for a LT.

No. For the same reason we didn’t trade for a QB. Fisher is on the roster and we’re just holding the spot for him until he gets back. Why trade a player we spent that high of a pick on for a 6 week rental LT? They’re going to give Fisher a legitimate chance to be the LT for at least a couple of years so it would be a waste of a trade. 

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Kevin Bowen mentioned in his notebook rock had a really good practice today.

WOW. 

my biggest complaint about RYS was he did not turn his head to get the ball.. this will eliminate almost all of his penalites.

that realllly looks good by him. I know its on Patmon, but still. The way he ran with his head looking back, and up at the ball was a thing of beauty. 

Just now, Wentzszn said:

On the radio this morning Reich said when they signed fisher they did not expect him for game 1. But said he has changed is mind now seeing how good he looks.

hopefully they dont rush him. 

2 hours ago, Zoltan said:

So just to counter for argument sake on the vanilla defense, Eason unable to make quick reads or sense pressure against a vanilla defense seems more of a problem to me.

Praying for Wentz week 1

The first reads i want my QB (Manning) to make is a pre-snap one.
 Reading the D, knowing where the mis-match is. Like the one he said he spotted with TY. "I wasn't gonna pass that up". 
 Eason looked kinda good at picking out quality targets, i didn't at all feel like he was holding onto the ball like a Luck did his first 3 years.
 As for not stepping up in the pocket that One Time, i suspect his internal clock will get better pretty quickly with a little more film study, coaching up, and game experience. 
 And to repeat Mo-Allie, the ball comes out high so you can start tracking it right off. I suppose he is saying that a receiver has that fraction extra time to adjust their bodies to be able to snag that baby. Maybe that was part of the reason we had such great catches by so many.

3 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

It's so weird that people care so much about whethere or not a player is vaccinated. Jeez, please quit talking about it. His football ability has nothing to do with his personal medical decisions. 

It does when he sits out due to his status and puts the Colts in a bind .... oh wait, he will be on the Practice Squad at best, when CW comes back....  so no problem,

50 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The bolded part was a response to your point about no one with a cold or flu should be doing anything. Just pointing out that iconic stuff went down because your prescription wasn't followed. 

To the top- other critiques of Eason, made by other folks, because there's more posters than you who don't like Eason.. 

Almost all of what might constitute a point on your part could cut both ways. Just a little bit of action so far. I'm higher on Eason than you. Fine. Whatever. Difference of opinion. We'll see.

Not gonna lie when I first read it, I was like I don't know of a Jordan on the Colts and what is a flu game. So I was a little slow on the reference. 

Let's clarify though the Flu game was game 5 of the NBA Finals (Tied 2-2), not the NBA training camp/preseason Big difference and not really a good comparison. One's the GOAT at the end of the season championship, the other is a QB fighting for the second string spot in training camp during a pandemic when people are hyper-vigilant of any sickness.

And I just want to clarify I don't hate Eason or am on the Ehlinger band wagon. it really comes down to who's starting on the OL week 1 for me because if Q isn't back than I think you have to start Ehlinger just for the fact he's more mobile and Aaron Donald will be bullying the replacement LG all day, If the OL is mostly starters aside from LT I think you can do alot more to protect Eason. It was good to see him play better this last practice but I am curious to see how the next preseason game goes because he will have the chance to end the competition playing the 3/4th stringers, but you gotta admit some of the comparisons of Eason to Manning are ridiculous, he's more of a Brock Osweiler right now.

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

Not gonna lie when I first read it, I was like I don't know of a Jordan on the Colts and what is a flu game. So I was a little slow on the reference. 

Let's clarify though the Flu game was game 5 of the NBA Finals (Tied 2-2), not the NBA training camp/preseason Big difference and not really a good comparison. One's the GOAT at the end of the season championship, the other is a QB fighting for the second string spot in training camp during a pandemic when people are hyper-vigilant of any sickness.

And I just want to clarify I don't hate Eason or am on the Ehlinger band wagon. it really comes down to who's starting on the OL week 1 for me because if Q isn't back than I think you have to start Ehlinger just for the fact he's more mobile and Aaron Donald will be bullying the replacement LG all day, If the OL is mostly starters aside from LT I think you can do alot more to protect Eason. It was good to see him play better this last practice but I am curious to see how the next preseason game goes because he will have the chance to end the competition playing the 3/4th stringers, but you gotta admit some of the comparisons of Eason to Manning are ridiculous, he's more of a Brock Osweiler right now.

Reich said this morning the oline will not effect their decision if Wentz isn’t ready.

8 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

The first reads i want my QB (Manning) to make is a pre-snap one.
 Reading the D, knowing where the mis-match is. Like the one he said he spotted with TY. "I wasn't gonna pass that up". 
 Eason looked kinda good at picking out quality targets, i didn't at all feel like he was holding onto the ball like a Luck did his first 3 years.
 As for not stepping up in the pocket that One Time, i suspect his internal clock will get better pretty quickly with a little more film study, coaching up, and game experience. 
 And to repeat Mo-Allie, the ball comes out high so you can start tracking it right off. I suppose he is saying that a receiver has that fraction extra time to adjust their bodies to be able to snag that baby. Maybe that was part of the reason we had such great catches by so many.

I was just trying to point out you can make the exact same argument against Eason as against Ehlinger with the vanilla defense remark to show how it can be biased either way

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Reich said this morning the oline will not effect their decision if Wentz isn’t ready.

I guess I'm a little lost on this reply, I'm probably not reading it right. Is that in reference of when Wentz will be back or in reference to which backup will start?

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

I guess I'm a little lost on this reply, I'm probably not reading it right. Is that in reference of when Wentz will be back or in reference to which backup will start?

In reference to which backup will start. Kevin asked him if the condition of the oline will decide if Sam or Eason start if Wentz isnt ready. He said it wouldn’t.

17 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Going to be fun to see how the young quarterbacks confidence grows this week in practice after a good preseason game. TC is almost over.

Training camp in Westfield is almost over but training camp for the players and coaches continues until the week before the season starts. It just continues at West 56th at Eagle Creek in what I still call the Colts Complex. 

12 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

So are the comps of Ehlinger to Brees, saw that once.. my point was Eason COULD be better than Wentz (which isn't as crazy as some think- this speaks to Wentz more than Eason being PFM). I don't really care what comp to another back up you want to make, we've shifted this critique several times now. Comparisons to guys who can't play, he's not mobile, his O line play dictates his ceiling etc. I get it, you don't really think he can do it. You're not alone.  You might be right, just based on statistical probability, but it's not obvious yet and people think it is. I don't.

4 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Training camp in Westfield is almost over but training camp for the players and coaches continues until the week before the season starts. It just continues at West 56th at Eagle Creek in what I still call the Colts Complex. 

Yes. Media is only allowed in for a few minutes so we won’t get much info.

This might also be why we see starters play some in that third game too since we have two weeks before the first game this year.

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

If Eason plays week one and two and we win I can’t imagine the pressure Wentz will be feeling. He has to be thinking not again. Fans will call for his head if he doesn’t continue to win.

I don't think is even a thing for anyone involved with the Colt franchise. Fans? Maybe

31 minutes ago, The Fish said:

So are the comps of Ehlinger to Brees, saw that once.. my point was Eason COULD be better than Wentz (which isn't as crazy as some think- this speaks to Wentz more than Eason being PFM). I don't really care what comp to another back up you want to make, we've shifted this critique several times now. Comparisons to guys who can't play, he's not mobile, his O line play dictates his ceiling etc. I get it, you don't really think he can do it. You're not alone.  You might be right, just based on statistical probability, but it's not obvious yet and people think it is. I don't.

I guess our big difference is where we rate Wentz, and we will know's right for better or worse by the end of the season. I didn't see the Ehlinger and Brees comparisons that is also a ridiculous claim

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

I'll say it again, because some of us overvalue Wentz (he's practiced with the Colts twice, and wasn't good last year)- Eason could end up being better. Nothing more or less. The jury is out. Things are evolving etc.. 

Actually, stating that Eason COULD end up better.... Is literally implying both something more, AND something less.... Hence the use of the word could .... So I'm confused here.

11 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Actually, stating that Eason COULD end up better.... Is literally implying both something more, AND something less.... Hence the use of the word could .... So I'm confused here.

no it's not... 

read the subsequent posts if you want more clarity on my point

51 minutes ago, The Fish said:

no it's not... 

read the subsequent posts if you want more clarity on my point

Don't need to, the sentences state clearly that "Eason could wind up being the starter. No more, no less".  

Well, there's clearly an implied expectation here....and "winding up starting" would be either more, or less than said expectation.... The scenario you've framed isn't a Schrodinger's Quarterback.... Eason can't be "neither more or less' to paraphrase you.

Archived