Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 15(8/17)

Restinpeacesweetchloe

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Sorry let me change it then. To say someone should maybe be the starter after one career preseason game is ridiculous when that player is still trying to win the back up position.

Goal post successfully moved. Nice. Someone is starting week 1. Wentz isn't a sure thing. I know you know that. 

34 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

never said he was boring, or that he can't play, or that we should trade him. unable to sense pressure, and slow to read the play are valid concerns that he has a history of

One preseason game and you want to crown him the starter, that's ridiculous 

and the bolded part i don't know what your talking about

The bolded part was a response to your point about no one with a cold or flu should be doing anything. Just pointing out that iconic stuff went down because your prescription wasn't followed. 

To the top- other critiques of Eason, made by other folks, because there's more posters than you who don't like Eason.. 

Almost all of what might constitute a point on your part could cut both ways. Just a little bit of action so far. I'm higher on Eason than you. Fine. Whatever. Difference of opinion. We'll see.

4 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Ballard talks glowingly of Cambell. He's not getting cut the only way he misses this season is on IR. 

True.  Also, I'm not sure if Strachan or Patmon are ahead of Dulin.  His value as a ST player is being underestimated here.

I've said it before, a start ST player is more important to a team than a 5th or 6th WR who probably won't be active on game day.

That's not to say Strachan or Patmon don't deserve to make the roster (or Vaughn even).  I'm just thinking practically, and I'm pretty sure our ST coach is voicing his opinion similarly.

19 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

Trade offers? Lol.

I hope the team waits and sees which version of Wentz we’re getting before considering that.

First of all, I said I HOPE he does that well. 

But if he does tear it up enough for someone to offer us a #1 for him (which is about as likely as me hitting the lottery), you can bet the Colts are going to take it.

6 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

We have an Injury curse because of Ohio State players. Doss, Mewhort, Hooker, Lewis, Campbell.

I actually discussed this with Kevin Bowen.  He thinks the idea of an Ohio State curse is as ridiculous as I did.

We've had a lot of players injured over the years.  Ohio State just happens to have a lot of players drafted.

Do you think we have a Stanford curse too?  

5 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

True.  Also, I'm not sure if Strachan or Patmon are ahead of Dulin.  His value as a ST player is being underestimated here.

I've said it before, a start ST player is more important to a team than a 5th or 6th WR who probably won't be active on game day.

I think the 5th and 6th WR usually are on sp teams somewhere, I think Strachan and Patmon would be there if they make it.  One of them probably will, Strachan has been too good to cut 

53 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Not to rehash an old story, but Eason initially lost his job to Fromm because of an injury, not talent.  And  Fromm had a great year with a really good team that season.  

But I agree with you, and I think the Colts do too after what they’re seeing.  I hope he tears it up the rest of the preseason and we start getting trade offers.  

I don't know if we want to trade a guy if he's playing really well. Wentz is no sure thing to either reach his potential or stay healthy. 

... but I probably wouldn't be too mad if it was a sweet offer lol 

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

I actually discussed this with Kevin Bowen.  He thinks the idea of an Ohio State curse is as ridiculous as I did.

We've had a lot of players injured over the years.  Ohio State just happens to have a lot of players drafted.

Elway, Luck... sure why not? I'm not overly superstitious (at all), and I wouldn't not draft a guy from either program just because of it, but from the way fans look at stuff- it's a thing to notice. 

Hell of a throw and hell of a catch. That ball jumps off Eason's arm like nothing I've seen from a Colts QB. People continue to IMO mistakenly think that long balls are the major signifier of arm strength, but IMO a much better sign are balls in the intermediate range that need to be fit into tight window on a string or far hash throws to the sideline. 

4 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

I think the 5th and 6th WR usually are on sp teams somewhere, I think Strachan and Patmon would be there if they make it.  One of them probably will, Strachan has been too good to cut 

Totally agree about that (so far).  But I think they both only make the team if one of them can beat out Dulin.

At this point, we have a better chance of stashing Patmon on the PS.  But it's early.  Things could change by the end of the month.

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Elway, Luck... sure why not? I'm not overly superstitious (at all), and I wouldn't not draft a guy from either program just because of it, but from the way fans look at stuff- it's a thing to notice. 

I totally forgot about Elway.  I was thinking of all the Stanford guys we had in the last regime.  

To be clear, I'm not ragging on Luck.  I'm just saying that if people think that if we get players from a certain school, they'll fail due to injury, they're being ... less than smart.  Would we have passed on Zeke, the Bosa's, Chase Young, etc.?  I doubt it.

11 minutes ago, il vecchio said:

Maybe consider trading Campbell (a potential #1 WR) for a LT.

I say ... "be patient". Don't give away good WRs, especially when their value is at its lowest and when we might already have our LT in the building but he just needs time to recover. Don't give up long-term pieces for short-term bandaids. 

3 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Superior scouts that actually get out and beat the bushes.....

This ^^^ can't be said often enough. Our entire FO has been tremendous since Ballard's arrival. He has put together a team that really knows how to evaluate talent. They have has a few missteps, but far more hits than most.

26 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

But I think Tyquan breaks the mold and becomes a Solid reliable guy.

30 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Where Donald Brown and Fleener injury prone too

4 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

But I think Tyquan breaks the mold and becomes a Solid reliable guy.

Campbell has a chance but it's gonna be tough getting targets on this squad.

37 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

First of all, I said I HOPE he does that well. 

But if he does tear it up enough for someone to offer us a #1 for him (which is about as likely as me hitting the lottery), you can bet the Colts are going to take it.

Uh….if Eason’s tearing it up to the point where another team is offering up a first, I would hope he’s our QB1 for the foreseeable future. On a rookie contract to boot.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

With the WR group being up in the air next season I wonder if we could keep 7. With the new PS rules maybe we can. Pascal and Hilton will be FA. 

Harris, Dulin, and Patmon are all PS eligible; and I don't think any have shown enough where another team would sign them.

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

There is no other WR on this roster that does what Parris does. At least not close to how good he is. Parris raises the ceiling of this team a lot.

They tried to have Harris run some of the plays that were set up for Parris.  With some success.  

But, you're right, he brings a whole different aspect to the offense.

I'm excited about this offense, and I don't see a weakness except at the key position, LT. 

"Help us Eric Fisher, you're our only hope!"  (I found that in an old droid)

Archived