Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 15(8/17)

Restinpeacesweetchloe

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Don't need to, the sentences state clearly that "Eason could wind up being the starter. No more, no less".  

Well, there's clearly an implied expectation here....and "winding up starting" would be either more, or less than said expectation.... The scenario you've framed isn't a Schrodinger's Quarterback.... Eason can't be "neither more or less' to paraphrase you.

I said better than Wentz, so your paraphrase is wrong and the rest of whatever grandiose point you're making is... annoying.

I have no idea what the team would do in the event T.Y's projection that "the sky is the limit" for Eason would materialize. Pro sports are unforgiving, but the upside is becoming evident to some of us. He could wind up being a starter too, now that you mention it. Here, elsewhere? I dunno. I kinda thought I saw it in the college tape just comparing it to Justin Herbert. Good arm. Could be coached up. Got to sit that year so many say is important for unpolished guys. We'll see. 

7 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah I wasn’t impressed with him Sunday but it’s one pre-season game so I am not concerned about him yet.

I won’t say i wasn’t impressed , he’s a matchup nightmare if lined up on a Linebacker. I just want him to secure the ball better. I like what I saw in his limited action. 

56 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

I won’t say i wasn’t impressed , he’s a matchup nightmare if lined up on a Linebacker. I just want him to secure the ball better. I like what I saw in his limited action. 

I don’t disagree with that which is why I was excited when he was drafted and still think he will be really good.  He just didn’t move the needle for me in a big way in his first pre-season game.  No biggie he’s a rookie he will get better.

10 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Since we are talking WR's, my two cents is this:

Pittman

TY

Campbell

Pascal

Patmon

Strachan

Practice Squad:

Black

Vaughns

Harris

Dulin gets scalped by the Eagles

I like the top 6...... alot.

We also saw some big plays from Harris last year.

Black and Vaughns have made plays vs Carolina.  Some nice ones.

And i get the feeling we fans devalue Dulin MUCH more than the coaches in ST.

Gonna be interesting the next couple games. 

2 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Black or Vaughns have to move way up the depth chart and be playing earlier in games to have a chance to make the roster.

Harris is pretty much a poor man’s Campbell.  If Campbell stays healthy Harris didn’t do enough to justify a roster spot based on last year.  I could see him on the PS again incase Campbell gets hurt again.

I think Duhlin in the running for the last WR spot.  I think the top fours are locks, TY, Pascal, Pittman, and Campbell.  I think based on what he’s done so far Strachan has earned a roster spot (that could change)

So it comes down to Duhlin or Patmon for the last spot.  If I had to pick right now today I’d pick Patmon because he’s been healthy.  However, Duhlin is getting healthy and there is still plenty of time for him to beat out Patmon for that last spot.

12 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Seeing a few tweets from people who want Wentz back game one but are having a hard time balancing that with wanting to see Eason play week one. Lol. He had everyone’s attention now it seems.

I just want to win

I think that Wentz, even at 80% gives us a better chance over the other 2

6 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Vaughns did some amazing things in college

Not sure he breaks the roster this year, as the folks ahead of him are special, but PS will help him craft his trade, until he gets a shot

The WR group is coming around to a strength

8 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I don't devalue Dulins special teams play.....I devalue that he was supposed to be Strachan before Strachan......Division II WR that dominated his level but can't get open in the NFL.  Strachan is showing how it is supposed to work.

As far as Special teams is concerned, the FO brought in Sean Davis, Shawn Davis, Malik Jefferson, Curtis Bolton that all play teams and Marvell Tell is back and he was a gunner opposite Odum his rookie year too. Plus still have Franklin, Adams, Speed and Glasgow.....

Dulin has replacements at WR and on Teams.......he is gone.

21 hours ago, The Fish said:

Oh and Jordan and the Flu game shouldn't have happened... got it.. 

I think it's important to view the Jordan flu game in 2 aspects:

1. What he was able to do while sick with the flu was nothing short of amazing. It's something that will usually have people curled up miserable on the couch. I can respect what he was able to do given his physical state.

2. It happened at a time when the prevailing mindset for most working people was that going to work while sick was a badge of honor. That despite feeling terrible, you were willing to sacrifice to show up to work and grind. In modern times, showing up to work sick is generally viewed as irresponsible (by any respectable employer), in that you are putting your co-workers in danger of also becoming sick. In Jordan's case, everything went well, but what if multiple teammates came down with the flu due to Jordan playing while sick? Now you have multiple players out, most of which wouldn't be able to do what Jordan did.

In Sam's case, with a pandemic ongoing, coming into work sick is nothing short of irresponsible. I would be livid if he showed up, knowing he was ill, and put his teammates at risk for whatever he has. That's how you end up like the Vikings starting camp with their QB room in quarantine and having to bring in outside players just to field an offense.

Archived