Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 15(8/17)

Restinpeacesweetchloe

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Patmon had a good game yesterday.  Is he getting first team reps?  Just curious.

Probably is, but, you know the media is going to focus on the flavor of the month and that is Strachan......personally I think Patmon, Strachan and Pittman would be a DB's worst nightmare if they all lined up with either TY/Campbell/Pascal in motion out of the slot in a 4 wide set......

3 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

That pass to Vaughns looked like a potential hospital ball at first, but Vaughns made a fantastic catch and didn't get hit. I was there as well and it was a very different offense with Ehlinger in. I didn't have the same confidence in him executing the same passes as Eason.

They are just very different QBs.

Vaughns is a big dude as well. Probably why Sam put it up there.

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

This offense should be deadly this year. Almost feel like im back in the Manning years this season. Im getting ahead of myself but oh well.

Whoa.  Let’s not get carried away.

Some of those Manning teams featured some of the most potent offensive teams of all time…led by one of the 2 or 3 best QBs of all time.

Just now, luv_pony_express said:

Whoa.  Let’s not get carried away.

Some of those Manning teams featured some of the most potent offensive teams of all time…led by one of the 2 or 3 best QBs of all time.

I said almost feel like. Feelings over logic. Im just giddy over the tools we got.

BTW for whatever it's worth I absolutely LOVE how Eason has responded to getting somewhat of a demotion here. He seems like he's on a mission. Not only hasn't he hung his head and given up - on the contrary, he seems to have elevated his game to a new place. And BTW this comes after he entered the league with questions about his attitude/leadership and after he lost his starting job to a less talented QB in Jake Fromm in Georgia. 

Love it. Absolutely LOVE it! I don't want to hear about us trading for another caretaker QBs anymore. That should be a moot point at this point. Both Eason(especially him) and Ehlinger are showing we can run a functional offense with them... maybe even more than just functional. :thmup:

17 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Eason is the only QB Vaccinated it looks like. They were back inside at their pressers after the game and Sam had a mask Eason didn’t.

Sams dad and younger brother died of a heart condition that the experts did not know the extent of.  

So, Eason isn't bad. Weird. I kept seeing slow and boring and not interesting and can't do it.. 

It's interesting seeing reactions to QB play, but some of us aren't as sure of what we're looking at as others. Eason has *the* pro trait that can't be taught- arm. If he's getting better and finds a path to continue to improve- he's going to cap out around what we hope Wentz is. I'll say it, I'm not so sure he won't be better.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Not really. I just want to win. I really don’t care who wins the backup job. It’s more the hype and media bias of Sam. Reminds me of Kelly last season.  Do I feel Eason has a way higher ceiling. Yes.

Kelly was two years ago...and that bias was fairly deserved because he was very good in preseason. People don't just remember because Kelly became more of a running joke, but he was probably the best preseason QB I have seen in a while. Which really shows you how much preseason means at the end of the day.

It's interesting that you don't like the media hype for Sam but are fully aboard the Strachan hype train though.

At the end of the day, it's really all just hype. 

Archived