Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz Injury Thread

runthepost

59 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't see Ballard trading for Foles.  More draft capital gone and a pretty big cap hit for a guy that hopefully won't play for many games

Today Reich said we’ll have a better idea on the Wentz timeline in about 2-3 weeks.   So I think we’ll know more after the first pre-season game, second at the latest.   

At that point, we should know more about Wentz, and we may have a better idea about Eason as well.   At that point, I can easily see Ballard trading for Foles.   But not before then.   We need more info. 

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Folks 6 weeks is the timetable to return to practice.... not return to 100 percent or even start a game. 

so do you throw a QB who’s often injured out there in week 1-3 knowing he’s had maybe 3 practices with his new team? A QB who self admits to having a confidence in his game problem already, particularly with his footwork. I know I wouldn’t. Personally if it were me; I’d shoot for him coming back mid season, give him extra time to heal. Yeah it’s likely tossing the season away, but not only will we get our 1 back, but it hopefully gives him time to get stronger and work on those fundamentals and then be set up for the future. 

We don’t really know that. He can start rehab in two weeks. He could be practicing by beginning of Sept. it’s all going to be on how sore it is and how quickly the pain goes away. I do think they will want 2 weeks of practice before he plays a game. 

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Yep this is exactly what will happen. It also gives Wentz time to start rehab.

I hope Eason sees all this crap and uses it as motivation to play lights out. Everyone is so wish washy on how he may play and no one has seen him play a single NFL snap. He could be good, he could flop. But let’s rally behind the guy! Screw it, I’m gonna go order his jersey! 

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I hope Eason sees all this crap and uses it as motivation to play lights out. Everyone is so wish washy on how he may play and no one has seen him play a single NFL snap. He could be good, he could flop. But let’s rally behind the guy! Screw it, I’m gonna go order his jersey! 

Man, I really hope the guy isn't on social media in any capacity. I hope he has a flip phone too, honestly. It's likely a cog in him being solid- not being worried about people like us (or worse!- lol).

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Man, I really hope the guy isn't on social media in any capacity. I hope he has a flip phone too, honestly. It's likely a cog in him being solid- not being worried about people like us (or worse!- lol).

Eason absolutely is. He'll see all of the muck. Hopefully he shrugs it all off and just uses it as motivation to continue to get better.

30 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Folks 6 weeks is the timetable to return to practice.... not return to 100 percent or even start a game. 

so do you throw a QB who’s often injured out there in week 1-3 knowing he’s had maybe 3 practices with his new team? A QB who self admits to having a confidence in his game problem already, particularly with his footwork. I know I wouldn’t. Personally if it were me; I’d shoot for him coming back mid season, give him extra time to heal. Yeah it’s likely tossing the season away, but not only will we get our 1 back, but it hopefully gives him time to get stronger and work on those fundamentals and then be set up for the future. 

So you're suggesting throwing Eason to the wolves. That's one heck of a baptism

16 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Lol, in today's world using a flip phone is a huge red flag. You can have a smart phone and ignore social media if you choose to.

A smart phone is a tool and ignoring them and not wanting to learn how to use them makes life a bit more difficult than it needs to be. It's like using two sticks to light your cigarette instead of matches or a lighter. 

My aunt Rose refuses to learn to use a smart phone and has a flip phone instead.....by the way she's 85 years old. Lol

30 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Our last QB with a flip phone quit on us.

31 minutes ago, CR91 said:

So you're suggesting throwing Eason to the wolves. That's one heck of a baptism

It’s likely to happen regardless. I don’t see us trading for anyone that’s gonna come in here and do instantly make us contenders. Short of maybe Watson. And that would be way too costly

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

It’s likely to happen regardless. I don’t see us trading for anyone that’s gonna come in here and do instantly make us contenders. Short of maybe Watson. And that would be way too costly

I don't think we will bring anyone else in, but I think there is a decent case to be made for Alex Smith or Mariota. Probably a better case for Mariota. I think he'd be available for a mid round (4th or5th) pick given he's in a contract year. Mariota played very well in his one start last year.

Overall, really depends on how Wentz does in terms of recovery, and of course, how they view Eason (or other depth QBs).

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Today Reich said we’ll have a better idea on the Wentz timeline in about 2-3 weeks.   So I think we’ll know more after the first pre-season game, second at the latest.   

At that point, we should know more about Wentz, and we may have a better idea about Eason as well.   At that point, I can easily see Ballard trading for Foles.   But not before then.   We need more info. 

I can't see him trading for him unless Wentz misses half the season

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Let's say Wentz does miss the first 6 games of the season. That means playing the Seahawks, Rams, Titans, Dolphins, Ravens, Texans. We'd be lucky to be 3-3

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I just don't see Foles as an option for us. Doubt Frank want's to give Carson (who already has Philly PTSD), another flashback (Foles). 

I'd prefer Mariota if we are going outside, and his contract is about half of Foles.

Just now, EastStreet said:

I just don't see Foles as an option for us. Doubt Frank want's to give Carson (who already has Philly PTSD), another flashback (Foles). 

I'd prefer Mariota if we are going outside, and his contract is about half of Foles.

I read somewhere today that the Raiders would want a 3rd rounder for Mariota :D

8 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

I read somewhere today that the Raiders would want a 3rd rounder for Mariota :D

I'm sure that's what their starting price is. But they likely would want to deal him, even if it means taking a little less. I definitely wouldn't give up a 3rd for him given our draft pick situation.

So the Colts Schedule is viewed by most sports people as the toughest in the NFL but no one seems to know why.

They have a QB with a rocky record,

Their backups are unproven and backups for a reason.

Even if Wentz gets back to his old self and is out for a few of their fist five games they are definitely facing an uphill year. I said it recently if Wentz was just good they could go all the way if their runners stay healthy and all other aspects for this team remain as is. The HC could push them in the right way to get them over the hump. They are not the best team in the NFL but the best team is debatable as is often the case.

24 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Let's say Wentz does miss the first 6 games of the season. That means playing the Seahawks, Rams, Titans, Dolphins, Ravens, Texans. We'd be lucky to be 3-3

At this point we will be lucky to be 3-3 regardless of who the QB is.  No matter who you bring in, unless you bring them in today, he will not have the time to build the timing and trust with the WRs that it takes to be really effective.  And pretty much all of them can hand the ball off.  

We can talk all we want about how good our o-line is, but LT is a question mark for the beginning of the season and even when we have a good o-line none of those teams are going to give us anything.  These would be tough games even with Wentz starting and a full camp under his belt.  

I would love to see us do well early in the season but I am not expecting much at this point.

41 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Chappell's comment implies he's not seen anything from Eason that suggests he'll play well v Carolina

I would assume not.

Eason didn’t get any game playing time last year at all with no preseason and less than 7 days of training camp

this year. Dude hasn’t even had a chance to show what he has. Give it time.

3 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

The beginning of the season could be unpredictable so they might get a few surprise wins. Looking at a team’s record doesn’t automatically assume they can’t regress, look rusty or are unbeatable.

I’m with you on that. Colts have a history of start out the season slow no matter whom the QB was after Manning though. I’m with whoever the pick as the starter week 1. However the Colts need to do a better job when it comes to the medical side. 

54 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I think if Wentz could miss 4-6 weeks, Ballard makes a deal.   Now, I don’t think Wentz will miss that kind of time, but if he will, then I don’t think Ballard will risk letting the team go winless until Wentz returns.   

But I think Wentz returns before the start of the season. 

The media reporting on this has been unbelievably pessimistic.  Probably stoked by the pessimistic 12-week end of the spectrum.  To me, if it’s simply a pain threshold issue as Reich said, then it’ll be highly probable that Wentz is good to go Week 1.  Can you imagine a competitive QB coming to a new team and saying his foot hurts too bad to play?  I can’t see that happening….

8 minutes ago, Archer said:

The media reporting on this has been unbelievably pessimistic.  Probably stoked by the pessimistic 12-week end of the spectrum.  To me, if it’s simply a pain threshold issue as Reich said, then it’ll be highly probable that Wentz is good to go Week 1.  Can you imagine a competitive QB coming to a new team and saying his foot hurts too bad to play?  I can’t see that happening….

The media has been awful. It’s almost like they want him out long term so they can kill the colts for making the trade.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

The media has been awful. It’s almost like they want him out long term so they can kill the colts for making the trade.

I’m just laughing at all these outlandish trades the Colts should immediately do. It’s like Eason doesn’t exist hope this fuels him to perform well.

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Wentz has a lot to prove. I bet he is back on the practice field by sept.

I think so too. I hope he's smart about it.

After hearing Nick Foles 'pitch' himself to Indy today, I bet Carson will be back sooner rather than later lol

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

I’m just laughing at all these outlandish trades the Colts should immediately do. It’s like Eason doesn’t exist hope this fuels him to perform well.

Lets not be John Elway evaluating QBs, falling for strong arms and such. Eason hasn't done anything to warrant high expectations. Not in college, and not in camp so far. That's exactly why all these trade rumors are surfacing. Carson ought to be back by week 1 though, i bet he will. I'd like to see young Ehlinger.

2 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

These trade ideas may not be so outlandish.  

A lot depends on how long Wentz will be out?   We don’t know yet.  The rest depends on how Eason looks in the scrimmages and pre-season games?   We don’t know yet.

Until we know more, ideas aren’t outlandish to me. 

Archived