Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz Injury Thread

runthepost

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

Normally I'd say this is good news for the Titans in Week 3. However we have this uncanny tendency to make back QBs look like the second coming of Peyton Manning, which in your case is Andrew Luck. So we're not penciling this as a win just yet.

I’m hoping Wentz is back for the Tennessee game. We shall see! :goodluck:

49 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Doubtful. But football players get all kinds of injuries. Probably thought it wasn't a problem anymore.

Then the Colts fake turf said "we'll see about that."

The back injury he had in 2018 was also one that he had in college as well. So maybe it's a trend.

If it happened on the colts turf, you might've been right lol

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The thing is with the NFL is that three year window is to allow their bodies to get big enough to play at the NFL level and unlike other sports the NFL doesn’t draft guys to sit three years and wait on potential.  

Yeah, I understand the rationale.  I know it was challenged years ago and was upheld.  But I won't be surprised if it's overturned at some point. 

Remember, a team doesn't have to draft a guy if they don't think he's physically ready to play.  By the same token, they may want to draft a guy knowing that he has the potential to develop into a star in a year or two.

I'm just saying with the way the college players will essentially be pros (at the bigger programs), it's going to have a ripple effect.  Heck, Bryce Young already has nearly a mil in endorsements and hasn't played a game.  He's already a paid player without playing.  Kind of hard to rule that pros can't be drafted.

18 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Week one is six weeks away.  If he’s out eight he’s back week three.

Yeah, I was thinking the Colts may be extra careful with him.   Back at practice in week 3 and maybe start week 4 or 5.   

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Just saw part of Reich’s presser. He said this is a injury you don’t have to be pain free to play on. He also mentioned he knows Carson and how tough he is. Then mentioned there is always a chance the pain leaves early. 

Weren’t you part of the group speculating yesterday he wasn’t tough enough like Rivers to just play through imiruies?

45 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Somewhere he didn’t take care of his body and didn’t report injuries.

If this an injury from high school, I'm not surprised he didn't report it back then. When you're a high schooler trying to get into college ball and potentially make a career out of football, you play through injuries. In high school you have a limited amount of time to prove yourself to college teams, so you do whatever it takes. At my high school our best OL was seeking to play college ball, but fractured his radius three days before the season started. He could have sat out and lost his chance at playing college ball, but instead he wrapped that thing up into a giant club and played the whole season, and ended up getting an offer from a D1 school....and I didn't blame him for doing it one bit.

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

Has anyone ever seen wentzszn and Chloe in the same place at the same time? Lol j/k. But the hot takes are eerily consistent and just as rapid fire....

Same person, she changed her SN to support Wentz I believe.

Just now, Shive said:

Reich: "5-12 weeks, but we're confident that it will be on the lower end."

Some fans on this forum:

will ferrell panic GIF

CANCEL THE SEASON!!!!!!

The doom scrolling here is excessive....

I keep checking myself because I’m not worried about this and honestly pretty relieved it isn’t worse. Deep breaths y’all. It’ll be okay! 

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

Some fans on this forum:

will ferrell panic GIF

CANCEL THE SEASON!!!!!!

Now Iann Rappaport said 5 -7 weeks, a far cry from twelve. If the info changes every ten minutes maybe he can start game one!  .

1 minute ago, Shive said:

Some fans on this forum:

will ferrell panic GIF

CANCEL THE SEASON!!!!!!

I can't really blame people for panicking.   It's a new team for Wentz and he will miss training camp, preseason and a couple games of the regular season.   The Colts have a tough schedule.  I was hoping for 10-12 wins this season.  That's down to 8-10 in my mind.   

4 minutes ago, Shive said:

Some fans on this forum:

will ferrell panic GIF

CANCEL THE SEASON!!!!!!

I’m not panicking but I am laughing really hard at it. I find this all comical

20 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I agree football doesn't last forever, but I also know million dollar paychecks only come during a certain window, as do Super Bowls. Some players prioritize one thing over another at times. Everyone's different.

I agree with that. But at the same time I do think teams, in some situations, will force players to sit out and heal rather than playing through the pain because a) they don't want the injury to get worse and lose the player for a longer period of time later down the road and b) when the player retires and potentially has health complications when they get older due to age, they don't want to be blamed for mismanaging player health, as has happened with teams with retired players who have had CTE......the NFL is a business, and business is all about optics.

3 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Now Iann Rappaport said 5 -7 weeks, a far cry from twelve. If the info changes every ten minutes maybe he can start game one!  .

He’s also the one reporting that Carson was going to rest for a few days to see if it would take care of itself. Didn’t sound like the team was on that train at allll. Surgery already being done today at 4.

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

I can't really blame people for panicking.   It's a new team for Wentz and he will miss training camp, preseason and a couple games of the regular season.   The Colts have a tough schedule.  I was hoping for 10-12 wins this season.  That's down to 8-10 in my mind.   

It' more of another kick in the groin than panic.

A Luck.jpg

Just now, CamMo said:

He’s also the one reporting that Carson was going to rest for a few days to see if it would take care of itself. Didn’t sound like the team was on that train at allll. Surgery already being done today at 4.

Bottom line is no one knows anything until we know something.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

I was just watching Kent Sterlings daily update. Man he was trashing Eason. Saying he doesn’t look like a starting QB. Then praised Sam for his quick decisions. Does he realize San wasn’t going up against the first team defense.

He should google "Tom Brady"

3 minutes ago, CamMo said:

Yeah it really will depend on how the foot heals. With how unusual this injury is, it's going to be a week-to-week thing I think. That's fantastic news that the surgery is happening today.

This is a horrendous situation. Unless he can legit be back for week 1, there's a million ways this can destroy the season. And even if he somehow got the favorable end of the timetable at 5 weeks, he likely won't be sharp at all for a while. 

I think this kills our chance to be a playoff team and to be honest I'd almost rather tank at this point and take our time with him so we keep our 1st round pick, but what will probably happen is even with Eason we'll paper over the cracks and stay alive while he's out.  Then he'll come back and we'll end up in 8-9 7-10 9-8 purgatory.

This is just such a killer. 

9 minutes ago, Les Poulains said:

This is a horrendous situation. Unless he can legit be back for week 1, there's a million ways this can destroy the season. And even if he somehow got the favorable end of the timetable at 5 weeks, he likely won't be sharp at all for a while. 

I think this kills our chance to be a playoff team and to be honest I'd almost rather tank at this point and take our time with him so we keep our 1st round pick, but what will probably happen is even with Eason we'll paper over the cracks and stay alive while he's out.  Then he'll come back and we'll end up in 8-9 7-10 9-8 purgatory.

This is just such a killer. 

Calm Down Chill Out GIF

Archived