Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz Injury Thread

runthepost

1 minute ago, luv_pony_express said:

If this is an aggravated injury from high school, is it out of bounds for me to ask how (or if!) it escaped any physicals he's had in 5ish years as a professional athlete?

Doubtful. But football players get all kinds of injuries. Probably thought it wasn't a problem anymore.

Then the Colts fake turf said "we'll see about that."

The back injury he had in 2018 was also one that he had in college as well. So maybe it's a trend.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Easton IMO has more upside than JB.  But Easton is also super super raw.  He didn't get a pre-season his rookie season and only got 3rd team reps which isn't a lot of work in practice.

JB had more experience that is what worries about Eason, he's never played a game. JB is a very capable QB of going 4-4 in a small stretch, we went into KC and won with JB. With Eason we don't know. 

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

I am beginning to think this was going on in Phili last season.

I doubt it. We definitely would have heard something about it. And an injury would have been such an easy out for everybody in that situation. They could have blamed the entire team dysfunction on injuries across the team, especially at QB.

Definitely preferable to having to bench your franchise QB, which is what happened. 

2 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Doubtful. But football players get all kinds of injuries. Probably thought it wasn't a problem anymore.

Then the Colts fake turf said "we'll see about that."

The back injury he had in 2018 was also one that he had in college as well. So maybe it's a trend.

Somewhere he didn’t take care of his body and didn’t report injuries.

Remember this is a team sport not just 1 guy

south park hello GIF by The Book of Mormon (Musical)

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Somewhere he didn’t take care of his body and didn’t report injuries.

Please stop.   This post is seriously embarrassing.   You have zero way of knowing.   It’s highly doubtful it’s true. 

It’s ok to have a thought, and NOT post it.   Really. 

5 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

Any chance we can tank and draft Arch Manning #1 straight out of high school!?:peek:

With the way the NIL is going, and how it's going to change college football, that's not exactly a totally crazy thought.

26 minutes ago, Shive said:

Only if we're looking at the latter part of the return timetable.

Since the Colts started having this QB injury bug in 2011 I don’t feel uncomfortable at all taking that bet…

Is this a curse? Are we cursed? Since the 2010 season  Peyton got hurt, Kerry Collins got hurt, didn’t Orlovsky get hurt? Luck got hurt, Hasslebeck got hurt, Jacoby got hurt, and now Wentz is hurt. And there may even be names on this list I’m forgetting… 

Jim Caldwell helping the Jets win that playoff game in 2011 broke something and this franchise has had a knocking in the engine ever since…

Little Man Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

11 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

We are about to find  our how tough Eason is.

Great pep talk! Sounds full of confidence!  They better bring in someone like Foles via trade or cut acquisition. This team is in win now mode. Not a time to devlope a project QB. No Tolzeins or JBs either.

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Please stop.   This post is seriously embarrassing.   You have zero way of knowing.   It’s highly doubtful it’s true. 

It’s ok to have a thought, and NOT post it.   Really. 

I actually have a little experience with this.

Just now, Myles said:

On the bright side, we will get to keep our #1 pick next year.   

Probably not.

4 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Since the Colts started having this QB injury bug in 2011 I don’t feel uncomfortable at all taking that bet…

Is this a curse? Are we cursed? Since the 2010 season  Peyton got hurt, Kerry Collins got hurt, didn’t Orlovsky get hurt? Luck got hurt, Hasslebeck got hurt, Jacoby got hurt, and now Wentz is hurt. And there may even be names on this list I’m forgetting… 

Jim Caldwell helping the Jets win that playoff game in 2011 broke something and this franchise has had a knocking in the engine ever since…

Little Man Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Good points but Rivers didn't get hurt and when he is injured he plays. That is 1 reason I had us at 10-6 last year because I knew he would play 16 games unless something disastrous happened to him.

2 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Great pep talk! Sounds full of confidence!  They better bring in someone like Foles via trade or cut acquisition. This team is in win now mode. Not a time to devlope a project QB. No Tolzeins or JBs either.

They aren’t going  to bring someone in unless Wentz in a couple weeks isn’t healing as quick. Reich said in about two weeks they will have a better timeline.

The good news is this was going to happen at some point. Good thing it happened now and not in the middle of the season.

1 minute ago, Myles said:

Why you you think that.    If he misses 5 games, that should stop him from taking 75% of the snaps this season.

I really do t think he is going to miss more then one or two. Now that could change if he gets hurt during the season I guess.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

The good news is this was going to happen at some point. Good thing it happened now and not in the middle of the season.

I really do t think he is going to miss more then one or two. Now that could change if he gets hurt during the season I guess.

ESPN is reporting that he is out 5-12 weeks.   That's a big range.   If we go with 8 (in the middle), we should get to keep our 1st rounder.

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

Why you you think that.    If he misses 5 games, that should stop him from taking 75% of the snaps this season.

70% if we make the playoffs.  Forget about that first rounder next year.  Let's think about this year.

I think if it's 1 - 3 games, you trust Eason and try to take all the pressure off him you can. If it goes beyond that, you look to find someone who can fill in for however long it takes. The dilemma is if you are successful and then you have to decide if/when Wentz is ready. 

18 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

With the way the NIL is going, and how it's going to change college football, that's not exactly a totally crazy thought.

NFL still has a rule you can’t enter the league until you are three years removed from your senior year of high school.

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

ESPN is reporting that he is out 5-12 weeks.   That's a big range.   If we go with 8 (in the middle), we should get to keep our 1st rounder.

Week one is six weeks away.  If he’s out eight he’s back week three.

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

NFL still has a rule you can’t enter the league until you are three years removed from your senior year of high school.

I think it's your class's senior year.  In other words, some guys graduate a year early.  But I think they still have to wait.

Don't be surprised if that's overturned at some point either.  None of the other major sports have that rule (not three years).

My point is that the major college football programs are all going to change with the NIL rules.  Now guys can potentially be millionaires before they play their freshman year.  Also, you'll be seeing just about every kid who's on a scholarship being paid to go to that U.  Miami is already going to be that way.  

Basically, the college players will be pros since they're being paid to play.  It's a slippery slope for sure.

It is a bone issue with a high school injury. The bone will be removed from his foot. Now he cauld return in 5 to 12 weeks. To me that is saying the doctors don't have clue on how bad this injury is. Five to twelve weeks to recoup?! Sound fishy to me.

16 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I actually have a little experience with this.

Probably not.

It wouldn’t matter how much experience you had with this.   You literally have no way of knowing.   None.   You’re guessing, and the odds are extremely high you’re wrong.  

@Valpo2004 has the most reasonable sounding explanation.   An old injury that healed likely 10 years ago and it simply re-broke.    Unfortunate.   Sucks for us. 

But that doesn’t mean Wentz hasn’t been taking care of himself, nor does it mean that he didn’t report an injury.   Again, you’re guessing, and it’s unhelpful. 

8 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I think it's your class's senior year.  In other words, some guys graduate a year early.  But I think they still have to wait.

Don't be surprised if that's overturned at some point either.  None of the other major sports have that rule (not three years).

My point is that the major college football programs are all going to change with the NIL rules.  Now guys can potentially be millionaires before they play their freshman year.  Also, you'll be seeing just about every kid who's on a scholarship being paid to go to that U.  Miami is already going to be that way.  

Basically, the college players will be pros since they're being paid to play.  It's a slippery slope for sure.

The thing is with the NFL is that three year window is to allow their bodies to get big enough to play at the NFL level and unlike other sports the NFL doesn’t draft guys to sit three years and wait on potential and there is no minor league system to send them to to develop.

Also most college freshmen don’t event walk in and play their freshman year because they aren’t ready.  They redshirt.  If they aren’t ready for college there is no way they will be ready for the NFL.

7 minutes ago, King Colt said:

It is a bone issue with a high school injury. The bone will be removed from his foot. Now he cauld return in 5 to 12 weeks. To me that is saying the doctors don't have clue on how bad this injury is. Five to twelve weeks to recoup?! Sound fishy to me.

Not really. Everyone heals differently. 

Archived