Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz Injury Thread

runthepost

1 minute ago, WentzinRome said:

Let's hope for a speedy and complete recovery.   Plus Eason improving and holding down the fort until he returns. 

2019 was the last time he threw the ball but what was the name of that U. of Michigan bench warmer on the Pats that came on to replace Bledsoe? 

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Now it is back to 12 months on the NFL Network. Now they are saying Nick Foles???

Talking heads need something to talk about and it's easy to connect the dots between Foles and Reich. I don't see it happening though.

38 minutes ago, Shive said:

Reich: "5-12 weeks, but we're confident that it will be on the lower end."

Some fans on this forum:

will ferrell panic GIF

CANCEL THE SEASON!!!!!!

The doom scrolling here is excessive....

So is 5 - 12 how many weeks he will be out or is that our final record for the year?!  

I am interested to see how Eason does.  Not an easy situation for him but hey, here is his shot to show he has something.

33 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I was just watching Kent Sterlings daily update. Man he was trashing Eason. Saying he doesn’t look like a starting QB. Then praised Sam for his quick decisions. Does he realize San wasn’t going up against the first team defense.

Who is Kent Sterling?   Until you wrote this post, I had never heard of him. 

9 minutes ago, King Colt said:

2019 was the last time he threw the ball but what was the name of that U. of Michigan bench warmer on the Pats that came on to replace Bledsoe? 

Lol, I see what you did there.

Eason has been working out along with Wentz and some others this off season.  We shall see and hope for the best.

4 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Maybe, is that a sign that the Jags are going to sweep us and win the SB this year? I'm guessing it is, so let's just tank now and get that high first-rounder.

The Jags part, no one has talked about, but I'm not so sure why you'd poo poo us being bad. That is a distinct possibility if Wentz has to miss around 6 weeks and in the short term, it's a better one than finishing at a near 500 record. I'd personally rather be terrible this year then be average. 

33 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I was just watching Kent Sterlings daily update. Man he was trashing Eason. Saying he doesn’t look like a starting QB. Then praised Sam for his quick decisions. Does he realize San wasn’t going up against the first team defense.

Is Eason really a slam dunk over Ehlinger?  Neither one has any NFL experience.  Eason was a 4th rounder, Sam a 6th.  Ehlinger might be a better game manager and better for this situation.

34 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Writers love to express opinions way on one side or the other so that if things go well or go badly, they can pull the "I told you so!!". If they are wrong, no one cares.

58 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Just saw part of Reich’s presser. He said this is a injury you don’t have to be pain free to play on. He also mentioned he knows Carson and how tough he is. Then mentioned there is always a chance the pain leaves early. 

Flu Shot Test GIF by himHallows

Hey folks, it's not like our center is injured.....or our LT retired....or our QB is injured......

All fun aside, here are my thoughts. First, the idea that this wasn't known by the staff. Are you serious? Com'n brah. 

I think they know less about you trying to get into the FBI, than a first round NFL QB. I'll bet the Colts coaching staff knew of this injury when he was drafted into the NFL. Ballard knew about it for the same reason with his team at the time. Then, they revisited that knowledge when he was traded for by the Colts. Do I know this for a fact? No. But intelligent reasoning tells me I am correct. 

Next, I get that folks like to relieve stress by making fun of a unwanted event, but it's also OK to stand strong and step back...seeing the whole picture. Look, for all the unsettling feelings this may cause, try to see what this also creates. I started a thread a month or two back, trying to convey the unique situation that exists in the Colts back up QB room. Well, here we are with an awesome opportunity. If Carson was to move through camp looking great and becomes that guy for the Colts next 4 or 5 years, Eason likely never gets a shot. I mean crap, the kid never even got a snap in his first year. No matter what he shows in preseason, he would be 5-6 years in without game play. By year 3 or 4, he might have asked the Colts to move him for a pick to get a chance to start. 

Now, he not only gets the whole preseason to show himself and the team what he is capable of, he more importantly gets to show the staff how he can prepare and take on the mantle of leader in an NFL locker room. The team will be behind him 100 percent, but they will be eagerly watching is see if he can be that guy. How fortunate that an injury this small, comes along and both he and the Colts get this chance for him. 

How about Carson? Because of this minor setback, he gets a chance to breathe his way back into the lineup. I mean after all, he is coming off of surgery. Without this, some of you would have roasted every less than desirable throw. Now he can work through getting into the saddle, and maybe even save the day because Eason will most likely have some welcome to the NFL moments if he starts week one. 

Lastly, I love that nothing was leaked, the team didn't knee jerk and make some of you happy by signing someone. They doubled down on their QB room, and that is the very kind of support both Carson and Jacob need. Now it's their time to step up and make a good showing this season. 

10 minutes ago, Les Poulains said:

The Jags part, no one has talked about, but I'm not so sure why you'd poo poo us being bad. That is a distinct possibility if Wentz has to miss around 6 weeks and in the short term, it's a better one than finishing at a near 500 record. I'd personally rather be terrible this year then be average. 

It's a joke

13 minutes ago, gspdx said:

So is 5 - 12 how many weeks he will be out or is that our final record for the year?!  

Return timeframe. There's a possibility he misses no games, or he could miss 6 games.

11 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Hey folks, it's not like our center is injured.....or our LT is injured....or our QB is injured......

All fun aside, here are my thoughts. First, the idea that this wasn't known by the staff. Are you serious? Com'n brah. 

I think they know less about you trying to get into the FBI, than a first round NFL QB. I'll bet the Colts coaching staff knew of this injury when he was drafted into the NFL. Ballard knew about it for the same reason with his team at the time. Then, they revisited that knowledge when he was traded for by the Colts. Do I know this for a fact? No. But intelligent reasoning tells me I am correct. 

Next, I get that folks like to relieve stress by making fun of a unwanted event, but it's also OK to stand strong and step back...seeing the whole picture. Look, for all the unsettling feelings this may cause, try to see what this also creates. I started a thread a month or two back, trying to convey the unique situation that exists in the Colts back up QB room. Well, here we are with an awesome opportunity. If Carson was to move through camp looking great and becomes that guy for the Colts next 4 or 5 years, Eason likely never gets a shot. I mean crap, the kid never even got a snap in his first year. No matter what he shows in preseason, he would be 5-6 years in without game play. By year 3 or 4, he might have asked the Colts to move him for a pick to get a chance to start. 

Now, he not only gets the whole preseason to show himself and the team what he is capable of, he more importantly gets to show the staff how he can prepare and take on the mantle of leader in an NFL locker room. The team will be behind him 100 percent, but they will be eagerly watching is see if he can be that guy. How fortunate that an injury this small, comes along and both he and the Colts get this chance for him. 

How about Carson? Because of this minor setback, he gets a chance to breathe his way back into the lineup. I mean after all, he is coming off of surgery. Without this, some of you would have roasted every less than desirable throw. Now he can work through getting into the saddle, and maybe even save the day because Eason will most likely have some welcome to the NFL moments if he starts week one. 

Lastly, I love that nothing was leaked, the team didn't knee jerk and make some of you happy by signing someone. They doubled down on their QB room, and that is the very kind of support both Carson and Jacob need. Now it's their time to step up and make a good showing this season. 

I like the optimism, but this situation cannot be thought of as a positive at all.  Hopefully we can come out of it in OK shape.   Hopefully a .500 record when Wentz gets back.  

Just now, Myles said:

I like the optimism, but this situation cannot be thought of as a positive at all.  Hopefully we can come out of it in OK shape.   Hopefully a .500 record when Wentz gets back.  

Yeah going 1-1-1 in the preseason would be fine......

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

If that extra bone flared up in practice, no way does it not happen during the season. So, although I agree it is not ideal, I personally am quite glad it happened now. 

Archived