Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eason & Hines

LJpalmbeacher2

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Oh yeah, I bet.   You're probably also a high paid CEO of a company and played pro ball and own an island.   What other stuff do you claim on internet forums?   

Ha ha.   I never believe people when they brag on the internet.  

Didn’t brag or claim any of that, but okay. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

tenor.gif

I mean go through and read the old posts if you have any doubt...I said Rivers was diminished, got told by people here his arm was fine, and then the Colts tell him they’re moving on after his last Hail Mary attempt went about 43 yards and it’s been crickets ever since. I’m rarely wrong here while all of you see the world through blue tinted glasses.

2 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

I mean go through and read the old posts if you have any doubt...I said Rivers was diminished, got told by people here his arm was fine, and then the Colts tell him they’re moving on after his last Hail Mary attempt went about 43 yards and it’s been crickets ever since. I’m rarely wrong here while all of you see the world through blue tinted glasses.

giphy.gif

27 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Oh yeah, your 300 posts in a Philip Rivers thread.   Where you said he would play horrible and the team wouldn't sniff 12 wins.   

On 2/2/2021 at 10:37 PM, Grigson's Gaffes said:

You absolutely can not go into training camp with Eason as your #1 QB if you’re the Colts. Eason would not be a Top 30 QB in the NFL next year.

They won't do that. But I might actually respect it if they came out and said it was going to be an evaluation year...knowing that they would either sink (and get a better pick for the following season) or swim (though that would be unlikely). But they would have to be willing to stick with Eason.

2 hours ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

I think we have a candidate for Least Intentionally Funny Post of the Year!    

Congratulations!     :facepalm:

I think it is funny when some of you declare what Eason can't do!  Brissett played one year the Patriots and started one game.  The next year he was traded to the Colts and started 15 games.  So to say that Eason couldn't possibly start next season is a joke because Brissett did almost the same thing. Given, Brissett had two training camps by the time he started, but it not unheard of.  I watched, in person, many of Eason's high school games.   He was dominant.  A man amongst boys.  He has a very strong arm, is very accurate, doesn't turn the ball over, and gets rid of the ball very quickly. His game is all the things you wish Brissett was.  What is unknown with Eason is how he will do reading NFL defenses and taking NFL pressure.  Some of you are too stuck on draft position versus actual ability, including Kevin Bowen. Because Eason dropped to the 4th round, he is easily written off. Had Eason played more year at Washington, he would likely have been a top 20 pick based on ability and projection. So if we drafted him this year, would you all be saying he should start right away?  Bowen keeps saying the Colts needs to pick a QB in the first round, but then also says if Eason had stayed he would likely be a first round pick.  That makes no sense to.  I would rather have a veteran play this year and have Eason be the backup and play some, but if Eason had to play all year, I think he has the potential to be pretty solid.  I will tell you that from everything I have seen, he is much better than Brissett.

3 hours ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Again, everything I just said there is a fact and you have absolutely no dispute. W me.

Like the self confidence. 

20 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Me trying to get through the offseason.....

91bdeb219408a1040329b3ab308fd6a6.gif

I thought u were actually projecting a video of our next starting qb!!

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Like the self confidence. 

I thought u were actually projecting a video of our next starting qb!!

21 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Me trying to get through the offseason.....

91bdeb219408a1040329b3ab308fd6a6.gif

Or is that Rivers leaving the Colts building after he decides to retire? I knew he was slow but oh my

38 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

It was 4249.5 I bet the under and I won pretty decent, thanks for the concern though!

Ballard thought so highly of him they told him “thanks but no thanks” with absolutely nothing on the roster.

Just how do you know what Ballard told Rivers? Frank said he wanted Rivers back so you assume Ballard didn't follow suit?

Maybe Rivers retired for his own reasons?

We are all entitled to our own opinions but what you are saying is not an opinion. It's your personal thoughts you are trying to pass as a fact.

45 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

What about that sentence was actually false though?? I’ll wait.

Well....    wait no longer!

The part where you stated you’re right more than anyone else here?!?   I’ve been on message boards for over 20 years and that’s been a good idea to say that.... exactly NEVER!!

It simply doesn’t work.   EVER!!

The part where you claimed you were right about Rivers season based on ONE PASS?!?   If you think Rivers didn’t have a good season based on one pass, you might want to study up on your knowledge of football.  Because it’s severely lacking.   The claim is 100 percent false. 

So, there you go.   Sorry to keep you waiting. 

On 2/2/2021 at 10:37 PM, Grigson's Gaffes said:

You absolutely can not go into training camp with Eason as your #1 QB if you’re the Colts. Eason would not be a Top 30 QB in the NFL next year.

The kid needs to be given a chance. Many franchises see the importance of letting the young dogs run. I have a feeling if we had Justin Herbert many around here would not even want him to see the field. Fire makes steel. Let's not be afraid as a franchise. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well....    wait no longer!

The part where you stated you’re right more than anyone else here?!?   I’ve been on message boards for over 20 years and that’s been a good idea to say that.... exactly NEVER!!

It simply doesn’t work.   EVER!!

The part where you claimed you were right about Rivers season based on ONE PASS?!?   If you think Rivers didn’t have a good season based on one pass, you might want to study up on your knowledge of football.  Because it’s severely lacking.   The claim is 100 percent false. 

So, there you go.   Sorry to keep you waiting. 

And that’s the exact grasping at straws, word twisting response I expected.

34 minutes ago, Introspect said:

The kid needs to be given a chance. Many franchises see the importance of letting the young dogs run. I have a feeling if we had Justin Herbert many around here would not even want him to see the field. Fire makes steel. Let's not be afraid as a franchise. 

If the Colts would have drafted Herbert I would have been all for that. He also would have played from day one.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just how do you know what Ballard told Rivers? Frank said he wanted Rivers back so you assume Ballard didn't follow suit?

Maybe Rivers retired for his own reasons?

We are all entitled to our own opinions but what you are saying is not an opinion. It's your personal thoughts you are trying to pass as a fact.

JMV, Dakich and Kevin Bowen have all said that they’ve heard the Colts told Rivers they were moving on. It makes sense. No press conference was announced. Rivers even publicly stated before the year he hoped it would be a two year thing, and he enrolled his kids in school here which would point to the fact he had planned on it being more than one year.

1 minute ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

And that’s the exact grasping at straws, word twisting response I expected.

Grasping at straws?

Word twisting?    I used your words.   Pretty simple and straight forward.    The only thing I didn’t see at the time I wrote my post to you is that you made a bet that Rivers wouldn’t throw for more than 4250 yards and you're happy you won.   Hey, great.  But that doesn’t move the needle either way. 

We don’t know what happened between Ballard and Reich and Rivers.   So you, who accused others of looking at things thru blue colored glasses are now doing the exact same thing, only this time to fit your narrative. 

You want to make an argument?   Go ahead.  

I thought Rivers had a very good, but not great year.   I think Ballard would’ve been happy to run things back again.   I don’t think he prefers to be where he is right now — which is stuck between a rock and a hard place with few good options. 

4 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

JMV, Dakich and Kevin Bowen have all said that they’ve heard the Colts told Rivers they were moving on. It makes sense. No press conference was announced. Rivers even publicly stated before the year he hoped it would be a two year thing, and he enrolled his kids in school here which would point to the fact he had planned on it being more than one year.

Actually,  that's NOT what Kevin Bowen said.    Did you listen to his podcast?     I did.

What he did do is play a game of connect the dots.    He made a good case.    But he literally said he did not hear anything more than chatter which is typical of this time of year.    He said he had no sources.    In short, he's making an educated guess.   That's it.

As for JMV and Dakich....    I've read enough about them here on this website to know not to take what they say too seriously.  I've got a large shaker of salt to deal with them.     AM Sports Talk radio is not exactly reputable on a day to day basis.

11 minutes ago, craigerb said:

We've had bad luck (no pun intended) with Big 10 qb: Harbaugh, Painter, Schlicter

We had bad luck with Harbaugh?

A kordell stewart stepping out of the end zone call or bailey catch on hail Mary and we were in the super bowl

Painter actually literally brought us luck.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Bad luck with Harbaugh?

He nearly took you to a Super Bowl.   I think he’s remembered here fondly.  

Beat me to it.

51 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Actually,  that's NOT what Kevin Bowen said.    Did you listen to his podcast?     I did.

What he did do is play a game of connect the dots.    He made a good case.    But he literally said he did not hear anything more than chatter which is typical of this time of year.    He said he had no sources.    In short, he's making an educated guess.   That's it.

As for JMV and Dakich....    I've read enough about them here on this website to know not to take what they say too seriously.  I've got a large shaker of salt to deal with them.     AM Sports Talk radio is not exactly reputable on a day to day basis.

The truth will come out eventually and if I’m wrong, I’ll gladly admit it.

15 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

The truth will come out eventually and if I’m wrong, I’ll gladly admit it.

No way Ballard pushed Rivers out without having a better option.    He doesn't have a better option. So it's easy to determine that Rivers retired on his own

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

No way Ballard pushed Rivers out without having a better option.    He doesn't have a better option. So it's easy to determine that Rivers retired on his own

Oh okay, rip me for talking in absolutes and then respond like that. At least you admitted Eason isn’t a real option. Hard to see how I’m always the bad guy here when people talk just as strongly as I do.

1 minute ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Oh okay, rip me for talking in absolutes and then respond like that. At least you admitted Eason isn’t a real option. Hard to see how I’m always the bad guy here when people talk just as strongly as I do.

Ballard all but said Eason was not going to be the starter.   

On 2/2/2021 at 9:37 PM, Grigson's Gaffes said:

I don’t understand this mentality. Brady was drafted in the 6th round. Russell Wilson was drafted in the 3rd round. Dak was drafted later in the 4th round than Eason was. Yes, it’s unlikely for mid to late round QBs to succeed, but we’ve seen many that have. You can’t teach Eason’s arm talent, so I say give the kid a shot.

9 minutes ago, DattMavis said:

I don’t understand this mentality. Brady was drafted in the 6th round. Russell Wilson was drafted in the 3rd round. Dak was drafted later in the 4th round than Eason was. Yes, it’s unlikely for mid to late round QBs to succeed, but we’ve seen many that have. You can’t teach Eason’s arm talent, so I say give the kid a shot.

Matt....

The round he was taken in isn't the issue.    Eason’s lack of experience is the issue.  

In the last 4 years, Eason has played one season.   One.    That’s it.   He’s not ready.  He’s got incredible arm talent, but he needs to get brought up to speed.   Otherwise he’s set up to fail.  

Ballard himself said he’s not sure if Eason is ready to be the backup.  Just because the Colts need a quarterback now doesn’t mean Eason is ready now.   

21 minutes ago, DattMavis said:

It has nothing to do with his draft slot. Sure, he can throw the ball far but NFL QB’s with strong arms who don’t have the accuracy, footwork or consistency to succeed are dime a dozen. Eason had 4 good games at Washington (3 of which were against overmatched teams) and struggled against suspect defenses in the Pac 12. Getting reps in 5 practices didn’t change that. He’s nowhere near ready to be a QB1 in the NFL.

40 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

It has nothing to do with his draft slot. Sure, he can throw the ball far but NFL QB’s with strong arms who don’t have the accuracy, footwork or consistency to succeed are dime a dozen. Eason had 4 good games at Washington (3 of which were against overmatched teams) and struggled against suspect defenses in the Pac 12. Getting reps in 5 practices didn’t change that. He’s nowhere near ready to be a QB1 in the NFL.

I wasn’t saying we should just plug him in as the day one starter, but I don’t think the coaching staff should go into training camp completely ruling out any possibility of him winning the job. I honestly don’t expect Eason to ever be our starting QB, but from what I’ve seen of him, I wouldn’t be shocked if he becomes a really good QB.

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Grasping at straws?

Word twisting?    I used your words.   Pretty simple and straight forward.    The only thing I didn’t see at the time I wrote my post to you is that you made a bet that Rivers wouldn’t throw for more than 4250 yards and you're happy you won.   Hey, great.  But that doesn’t move the needle either way. 

We don’t know what happened between Ballard and Reich and Rivers.   So you, who accused others of looking at things thru blue colored glasses are now doing the exact same thing, only this time to fit your narrative. 

You want to make an argument?   Go ahead.  

I thought Rivers had a very good, but not great year.   I think Ballard would’ve been happy to run things back again.   I don’t think he prefers to be where he is right now — which is stuck between a rock and a hard place with few good options. 

I agree.   11-5.  4169 yards on 68% completions.  24 TD's 11 INT's.  97 QB rating.    

On 2/3/2021 at 11:42 AM, Grigson's Gaffes said:

I watch a lot of college football. I absolutely do.

I’ve watched him play, unlike 95% of people here.

Great avatar. Your points remind me of past posters that some thought were put on the site to create interest.
 Got to laugh with the "Bo knows football" take, and with the because he was xxxx in college he is/will be the the same player after 2 off seasons of hard work, with a season in a Profesional QB room, and getting to watch Rivers for a season. 
 Those things should mean that you/we do not know At All what this young mans mental or physical tool kit Will Be come next season.
 Other than to Expect that sittng for a season in the system should be great preparation going forward.

On 2/3/2021 at 11:42 AM, Grigson's Gaffes said:

I watch a lot of college football. I absolutely do.

I’ve watched him play, unlike 95% of people here.

Great avatar. Your points remind me of past posters that some thought were put on the site to create interest.
 Got to laugh with the "Bo knows football" take, and with the because he was xxxx in college he is/will be the the same player after 2 off seasons of hard work, with a season in a Profesional QB room, and getting to watch Rivers for a season. 
 Those things should mean that you/we do not know At All what this young mans mental or physical tool kit Will Be come next season.
 Other than to Expect that sittng for a season in the system should be great preparation going forward.

On 2/3/2021 at 8:36 PM, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Yeah, but having actually watched the person play gives you a lot better chance than someone who just reads blog boys mock draft. I’ve also got an idea of how to watch and evaluate players. I’ve done it at the high school and college level.

tenor.gif

Archived