Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eason & Hines

LJpalmbeacher2

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard eason but not hines.

He didn't say much but said it well.

Sounds like he's trying to learn everything he can from Rivers and coaches and working on mechanics now mostly in Cali. 

He Didn't sound like he's a slacker, arrogant,  or not dedicated to his craft.

I was impressed,  he came of as a professional. 

I Definitely would like to see him on the field and his big arm. 

16 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

You absolutely can not go into training camp with Eason as your #1 QB if you’re the Colts. Eason would not be a Top 30 QB in the NFL next year.

Interesting declaration about our 3rd string QB.  Hope you feel better about whatever is bothering you.

7 hours ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

You absolutely can not go into training camp with Eason as your #1 QB if you’re the Colts. Eason would not be a Top 30 QB in the NFL next year.

How do you know he won't or wouldn't be?

6 hours ago, Nancy said:

I guess we'll have to see what Peyton tells Reich in their secret conversations on a QB!peyton manning rapping GIF

Love it, thats my avatar lol.

7 hours ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Have you read the draft report on Eason? His arm is stronger than Herberts and no one knows what he can do. Herbert and Burrow were top 30 QB's, who is to say Eason can not be? During the draft it was all about Burrow and Tua and guess who ended up being the best out of the three? Herbert........give the kid a chance. I would much rather roll with OUR own draft pick Eason than get a terrible Darnold or an aging Ryan. Our best outside option is now a Ram so i say roll with Eason and possibly resign Brissett to back up or compete if he doesnt land a starting gig elsewhere.

5 hours ago, HitmenSports said:

Have you read the draft report on Eason? His arm is stronger than Herberts and no one knows what he can do. Herbert and Burrow were top 30 QB's, who is to say Eason can not be? During the draft it was all about Burrow and Tua and guess who ended up being the best out of the three? Herbert........give the kid a chance. I would much rather roll with OUR own draft pick Eason than get a terrible Darnold or an aging Ryan. Our best outside option is now a Ram so i say roll with Eason and possibly resign Brissett to back up or compete if he doesnt land a starting gig elsewhere.

I watch football, I don’t read blog boys with no access who write “scouting reports” and mock drafts who never played the game. Herbert and Eason aren’t in the same realm. I doubt the 5 practices where Eason got reps changed that.

6 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

I watch football, I don’t read blog boys with no access who write “scouting reports” and mock drafts who never played the game. Herbert and Eason aren’t in the same realm. I doubt the 5 practices where Eason got reps changed that.

Actually if it wasnt for the fact that the medical staff messed up with Tyrod Taylor, Herbert would have sat the bench and he wouldnt be where he is today. I think anyone that watches football realizes that. So Eason stood on the sidelines all season just like Herbert would have just waiting for his chance. Just because alot of people on here want to give Eason a shot instead of becoming the Browns and having a new QB every year till Mayfield came along doesnt mean they know less about football than you. On top of that, Marcus Brady worked exclusively with Eason during the season and i think he has better input on Eason than you and that doesnt come from Blog boys.

1 hour ago, HitmenSports said:

Actually if it wasnt for the fact that the medical staff messed up with Tyrod Taylor, Herbert would have sat the bench and he wouldnt be where he is today. I think anyone that watches football realizes that. So Eason stood on the sidelines all season just like Herbert would have just waiting for his chance. Just because alot of people on here want to give Eason a shot instead of becoming the Browns and having a new QB every year till Mayfield came along doesnt mean they know less about football than you. On top of that, Marcus Brady worked exclusively with Eason during the season and i think he has better input on Eason than you and that doesnt come from Blog boys.

You can tell yourself that all you want, but even if Taylor was healthy Herbert would have been in by Week 4 or 5. You bring up a good point though, the Colts know Eason better than any of the fan boys clamoring on here and local radio. What statements have the Colts ever made that makes you think he’s the future? Ballard saying that he had to make the team? Irsay saying we needed a veteran? The Colts have been absolutely radio silent while people who never watched him play think he’s a franchise QB. Herbert would have been a top pick after his JR. Year. Eason was never in that conversation. Much more likely he’s cut than starts in Week 1. 

22 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

You can tell yourself that all you want, but even if Taylor was healthy Herbert would have been in by Week 4 or 5. You bring up a good point though, the Colts know Eason better than any of the fan boys clamoring on here and local radio. What statements have the Colts ever made that makes you think he’s the future? Ballard saying that he had to make the team? Irsay saying we needed a veteran? The Colts have been absolutely radio silent while people who never watched him play think he’s a franchise QB. Herbert would have been a top pick after his JR. Year. Eason was never in that conversation. Much more likely he’s cut than starts in Week 1. 

Ballard has always said the right thing and not putting one player over the next and that included Andrew Luck when he came to this team to be our GM. Is Eason the answer, no one knows but we have yet to see him play thanks to no preseason and running practice for the last few minutes doesnt help solve those answers but he seems to be putting in the work, the knowledge and even working with a QB guru to further help his mechanics. I would like to see what we have in him at this level. Could be good could be bad but its worth a look. We have a glaring hole at LT, DE, WR and CB that we need to address along with resigning Leonard and Smith and Nelson's future contract. There is only so much money in the pot to go around and only 7 draft picks to hit on in this years draft. We lost out on Stafford and besides Ryan, the free agents in the QB field are not exciting and we would have to trade for Ryan and lose draft capital to do so and we definitely do not want broken Darnold.

3 hours ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

I watch a lot of college football. I absolutely do.

I’ve watched him play, unlike 95% of people here.

I too spend a lot of football watching on Saturdays, Go Irish, and I don't recall him being that bad. I will add that I think Fields this year is one to avoid. I don't know, suppose I'm just hoping that the kid is really good. Would be the best thing for us.

9 hours ago, HitmenSports said:

Arm strength is an over-rater attribute in general. It's fixated upon far too much at the very least. Just because Eason's arm is stronger than than Herbert's, that doesn't automatically mean he'd be a good QB. Your post makes it seem as if arm strength and ability to play quarterback are directly proportional.

3 hours ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

I too spend a lot of football watching on Saturdays, Go Irish, and I don't recall him being that bad. I will add that I think Fields this year is one to avoid. I don't know, suppose I'm just hoping that the kid is really good. Would be the best thing for us.

I 100% agree on Justin Fields. A majority of Eason’s production came against schools that were overmatched and he struggled mightily in a game against a not good Oregon State team. He was a project who got reps in 5-6 practices this year. If the season goes off the rails maybe he gets a shot at the end of the season but starting him Week 1 isn’t ideal.

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

So watching football makes you an evaluator of talent?   What team do you work for?

Actually having watched a player play before makes me much more educated and my opinion a lot more valid than someone who hasn’t? What teams do all of the other wanna be scouts who post their “mock drafts” here with absolutely no inside info or form opinion from

youtube reels work for? I’ll wait. Go at them too. 

4 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Actually having watched a player play before makes me much more educated and my opinion a lot more valid than someone who hasn’t? What teams do all of the other wanna be scouts who post their “mock drafts” here with absolutely no inside info or form opinion from

youtube reels work for? I’ll wait. Go at them too. 

Anyone can watch any player these days.    It doesn't make you more educated or give you more validity. 

21 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Anyone can watch any player these days.    It doesn't make you more educated or give you more validity. 

You don’t think that the opinion of  someone who has actually watched someone play is more educated than someone who has never seen the guy play? That’s a hot take.

2 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

You don’t think that the opinion of  someone who has actually watched someone play is more educated than someone who has never seen the guy play? That’s a hot take.

I never watched Johnny Unitas play.   I can tell you he was better than Curtis Painter.   

I guess the poster Grigsons gaffes is a pro scout by all the football he watches on his sofa. Oh that's right he is no he isn't he is just a fan like us who knows more then us. No that right he doesn't know more then us he just wished he did. If he knew so much he would be getting paid for his knowledge.

14 minutes ago, Bert Johns said:

I guess the poster Grigsons gaffes is a pro scout by all the football he watches on his sofa. Oh that's right he is no he isn't he is just a fan like us who knows more then us. No that right he doesn't know more then us he just wished he did. If he knew so much he would be getting paid for his knowledge.

You could have tagged me, huh? Guarantee I know more about football, spend more time reading about and watching football, and more successful at handicapping football than almost anyone here.

14 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

So are you saying that Jake Eason being a #1 QB is as common knowledge as Unitas was better than Painter? Is that what you’re getting at here?

No,   I'm saying simply watching a player doesn't mean you're able to evaluate his play and determine if he will be a good pro.   There is a lot more involved than that

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

No,   I'm saying simply watching a player doesn't mean you're able to evaluate his play and determine if he will be a good pro.   There is a lot more involved than that

Yeah, but having actually watched the person play gives you a lot better chance than someone who just reads blog boys mock draft. I’ve also got an idea of how to watch and evaluate players. I’ve done it at the high school and college level.

15 hours ago, HitmenSports said:

I love Eason physical traits but lets slow the boat. He was a 4th round pick

Well i can say this....there is a reason we kept EASON and PATMON off the practice squad and basically Red shirted them at the pro level because they have the physical traits and are raw but Ballard knew other teams would have swooped in and taken them. Will they be successful? Who knows but they obviously thought enough of them to keep them on the active roster and hold two possible spots from people who could have contributed to the team at that moment. Time will tell but just because Eason was drafted in the 4th doesnt mean he can not be successful in this league. How many 1st are busts? I would like to see him play at this level before determining he is no good.

14 hours ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

You could have tagged me, huh? Guarantee I know more about football, spend more time reading about and watching football, and more successful at handicapping football than almost anyone here.

Oh yeah, I bet.   You're probably also a high paid CEO of a company and played pro ball and own an island.   What other stuff do you claim on internet forums?   

Ha ha.   I never believe people when they brag on the internet.  

Archived