Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Big Ben Not Playing - Limits Colts playoff hopes?

Mitch Connors

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I think Buffalo would love having Indy have to play in Buffalo in January.  Or the Titans, we've seen how bad they can be in frosty weather.  

Over Miami, though? Don’t let the recent success speak too loudly for them, Miami is still a team with a lot of issues. They are playing hot potato with the starting QB. They’re well coached, but beatable. 

If I were another  AFC team I would absolutely rather see the Dolphins than the Colts. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

bills have the tie breaker over the steelers so by the steelers resting ben that locks the bills into the 2 seed .  They can rest their starters and keep the 2 seed .  texans are the colts only real hope , and they are 4-11 for a reason .  

Yep but they can only blame themselves for this ,I feel cheated you invest emotionally in this team you win 11 games and you likely don’t get in .It hurts 

45 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Over Miami, though? Don’t let the recent success speak too loudly for them, Miami is still a team with a lot of issues. They are playing hot potato with the starting QB. They’re well coached, but beatable. 

If I were another  AFC team I would absolutely rather see the Dolphins than the Colts. 

Dolphins  have better defense 

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

Browns fans sure would love to rub it in our noses for resting our starters in 2007 with Dungy and Peyton that booted them out of playoff chances. 

Our only hope lies in the Bills, IMO.

I think Houston is Hungary as Hell to knock off Tennessee. Hopefully JJ Watts presser isn't about his teamates current outlook at this game though. 

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

The NFL placed the Colts and Titans after all the other games on purpose. It's set up to come down to those two games book it. Guarantee Bill's and Steelers give their games away and Baltimore isn't losing to Cincy.

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

This is very true, I'm very nervous. I dont think Cincy stands a chance against the Ravens. I believe the Bill's and Steelers are gonna throw their games to keep the Colts out. And from the sounds of it, the only player who's giving a rat's butt in Houston is JJ Watt. He's obviously calling the team out indirectly. I think we are very much looking like the odd ones out.

6 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

This is very true, I'm very nervous. I dont think Cincy stands a chance against the Ravens. I believe the Bill's and Steelers are gonna throw their games to keep the Colts out. And from the sounds of it, the only player who's giving a rat's butt in Houston is JJ Watt. He's obviously calling the team out indirectly. I think we are very much looking like the odd ones out.

We gotta get past the Jags first, though. 

If we miss out, we will come into next season as the media darling team because of the playoff “snub”. We can be the redemption story based on how far we go. 

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

We gotta get past the Jags first, though. 

If we miss out, we will come into next season as the media darling team because of the playoff “snub”. We can be the redemption story based on how far we go. 

That's something everybody seems to be forgetting. Most people are so fixated on what other teams do and not focusing on Jags.

38 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

If the Bills throw their game and still get the two seed they are most likely playing the ravens. I don’t think I would want to play the  ravens first game.

7 hours ago, chad72 said:

Browns fans sure would love to rub it in our noses for resting our starters in 2007 with Dungy and Peyton that booted them out of playoff chances. 

Our only hope lies in the Bills, IMO.

Well then better hope Matt Barkley can win with unknown protection and unknown receivers.

Beasley limped into the locker room last night, and McDermott will feel cautious today.

Mason Rudolph may have a better chance if Tomlin helps him.

Pittsburgh looked bad long before the 3 losses(against Dallas and Baltimore practice squads).

Steelers got an essential 'roughing' call to beat Dallas.

12 hours ago, coming on strong said:

did you watch mason ever play . he is curtis painter bad .   the browns battered the steelers with mason rudolph .

Browns lost to the steelers 3 string qb last season he's no better than rudolph plus darnold isn't all that good either and mayfield struggles against good defenses

10 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If the Bills throw their game and still get the two seed they are most likely playing the ravens. I don’t think I would want to play the  ravens first game.

I think this was messed up by Cleveland losing. We don't actually don't have ONLY the Colts to blame, we can realistically blame Chucky and his Pirate boys out in Vegas..  19 secs.. freaking 19 seconds.

11 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I don't really think any teams are trying to keep the Colts out of the playoffs.   They all want to win for themselves.  Not looking great for the Colts.  

We need to be fans of the Bills, Steelers, Bengals and Texans this week.  

15 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Update % with Ben not starting

Balt- 90.4% down 1%

Tenn-88.5% down 1.8%

Indy-76.2% down 2.9%

Clev- 73.4% up 11%

Miami-71.5% down 5.3%

Biggest loser seems to be Phins chances as of now.

Crazy that CLE...who is playing against the team resting their starting QB...would have a lower % chance to get in than a team that has to win...AND have someone lose. Colts are -13...but CLE is -10.

Then again, the Colts have 3 other outs as well...including one where the team they need to lose is +1.5.

Here's a quote from LuckyColtsFan from a thread back in early September, BEFORE the first Jags game. Got any lottery numbers?

This season may be like 2018 where it comes down to the last game of the season and we have to beat the Jags and then our fate rests on the Titans/Texans game...

Looking at the early lines...you can see where the money thinks this is going.

MIA went from +5.5 to +1.5 (on the road)

TEN went from -4.5 to -7.5 (on the road)

CLE went from -4 to -10

Basically...it seems like it's going to come down to what BUF does. If they would start FitzMagic...I think they would win.

12 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I believe the Bill's and Steelers are gonna throw their games to keep the Colts out.

The steelers wont want to see the Ravens they dont care about the Colts.  we probably match up better with the steelers than the bills though 

3 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Looking at the early lines...you can see where the money thinks this is going.

MIA went from +5.5 to +1.5 (on the road)

TEN went from -4.5 to -7.5 (on the road)

CLE went from -4 to -10

Basically...it seems like it's going to come down to what BUF does. If they would start FitzMagic...I think they would win.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30606557/miami-dolphins-coach-brian-flores-defends-decision-stick-tua-tagovailoa-starting-qb

Miami Coach Brian Flores announced Tua as the starter shortly after the last game, but suggested using Ryan Fitzpatrick kinda like a "closer" is used in MLB. I would imagine that although Tagovailoa will start the game, the rookie will probably be on a very short leash.

4 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30606557/miami-dolphins-coach-brian-flores-defends-decision-stick-tua-tagovailoa-starting-qb

Miami Coach Brian Flores announced Tua as the starter shortly after the last game, but suggested using Ryan Fitzpatrick kinda like a "closer" is used in MLB. I would imagine that although Tagovailoa will start the game, the rookie will probably be on a very short leash.

Let's hope the Bills have a big lead and bringing in the closer is a moot point.

20 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday that Ben Roethlisberger will not play this weekend against the Browns, with Mason Rudolph instead getting the start in Cleveland.

Per ESPN

Browns just lost against the jets and are not playing well now.

Steelers can lean on run game and defense. Rudolph can just play small ball and move the sticks.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns still lost.

5 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Browns just lost against the jets and are not playing well now.

Steelers can lean on run game and defense. Rudolph can just play small ball and move the sticks.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns still lost.

CLE was without their top 3 WRs (well 4...but OBJ has been out for a while now)...and had to run their base offense with multiple TEs. The NYJ (who have a pretty good run defense) just stacked the box all game...not much CLE could do. I think that game was a bit of an outlier. 

Prior to that...they beat TEN on the road in a shootout...lost a crazy shootout game at home against BAL...and then beat the NYG by two TDs.

I would shocked if CLE loses this game.

Archived