Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

last time I checked

danlhart87

Don’t let the complainers get to you.  Some will never be happy.  Some are mad their theories are being proven wrong.  Some are legit concerned about flaws to the point they can’t see the good.  It’s all part of a forum.  Be glad you are happy about your 8-4 football team and don’t worry about those whose aren’t.  You can’t make them be happy if they don’t want to be.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

rIMniFN.gif

I'm not a big fan of: "Colts won, so nobody can point out any negative aspects of the performance."

Both positive and critical (so long as the criticisms are well-articulated/constructive) should be welcome here.  Telling people they cannot articulate concerns in the context of a win is just as bad as negativity just for negativity's sake, IMO. 

Am I happy the Colts won?  Yep!  Am I aware they were gifted a win after another slow defensive start and a disappearing act by the offense in the second half?  Yep.

1 hour ago, zibby43 said:

I'm not a big fan of: "Colts won, so nobody can point out any negative aspects of the performance."

Both positive and critical (so long as the criticisms are well-articulated/constructive) should be welcome here.  Telling people they cannot articulate concerns in the context of a win is just as bad as negativity just for negativity's sake, IMO. 

Am I happy the Colts won?  Yep!  Am I aware they were gifted a win after another slow defensive start and a disappearing act by the offense in the second half?  Yep.

Agree.. This team is one lucky fumble to maybe not making the playoff.. we could easily be 6-6.. We are capable of being a damn good football team. But the way we play right now, we are not making it very deep into playoff IF we make it to playoff.. and thats just not good enough for me.

15 minutes ago, Robin said:

Agree.. This team is one lucky fumble to maybe not making the playoff.. we could easily be 6-6.. We are capable of being a damn good football team. But the way we play right now, we are not making it very deep into playoff IF we make it to playoff.. and thats just not good enough for me.

The LA Chargers first 8 games this year they lost by combined score of 42 points. That's an average of 5.25 points per game. 

I bet you that tons of Chargers fans would much rather be 8 - 4 like us right now but are at the bottom once again. 

BTW if Colts showed up against Jacksonville and our O didnt collapse in 2nd half against Baltimore Colts could be 10 - 2.

I can just as easily use that shoulda coulda woulda excuse but I see the glass half full.

Its that kind of nonsense I'm talking about 

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

rIMniFN.gif

The Simpsons Animation GIF by FOX TV

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

The LA Chargers first 8 games this year they lost by combined score of 42 points. That's an average of 5.25 points per game. 

I bet you that tons of Chargers fans would much rather be 8 - 4 like us right now but are at the bottom once again. 

BTW if Colts showed up against Jacksonville and our O didnt collapse in 2nd half against Baltimore Colts could be 10 - 2.

I can just as easily use that shoulda coulda woulda excuse but I see the glass half full.

BTW if you are reading this after you just woke up from a coma that you have been in since 1984 im sorry for the confusion. Jacksonville does have a team and im not talking about the Baltimore Colts. 

confused schitts creek GIF by CBC

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Yeah we could be 10 - 2 we could be 12 - 0 but we are none of those.. The difference between us is I am not settled for a mediocre team.. I dont care what our score is if we dont win superbowl .. This is the NFL you dont get a ceremony for getting second place..  If we want to get to that superbowl we have to get better. And the first start of getting better is finding out what you are doing wrong.. Can you remember our score without looking 9 years go? I can't but I sure remember last time we won SB...

of course i'm happy we won. But I want a clean win vs bad teams.. I want to get better every week just as our entire organization, who I bet is not satisfied winning by a fumble..

10 minutes ago, Robin said:

Yeah we could be 10 - 2 we could be 12 - 0 but we are none of those.. The difference between us is I am not settled for a mediocre team.. I dont care what our score is if we dont win superbowl .. This is the NFL you dont get a ceremony for getting second place..  If we want to get to that superbowl we have to get better. And the first start of getting better is finding out what you are doing wrong.. Can you remember our score without looking 9 years go? I can't but I sure remember last time we won SB...

of course i'm happy we won. But I want a clean win vs bad teams.. I want to get better every week just as our entire organization, who I bet is not satisfied winning by a fumble..

Nobody is ever completely satisfied but the idea behind this thread is most folks are so concerned with the bad plays they forget our overall record. 

The team has flaws. Even the defending champion Chiefs have flaws. Dwelling on those every time Colts win or lose won't change the outcome.

I guarantee you Texans fans are looking at things from the opposite side.

Colts fan: No fumble Colts lose

Texans fan: No fumble Texans win 

The optimism no matter how you see it goes several different ways. 

1 hour ago, Robin said:

We could also easily be 9-3 or 10-2 without some silly mistakes made by this team too....

In the end, this is a week to week league and a win is a win, and a loss is a loss.

1 hour ago, Robin said:

How is 8-4 medicore? Just asking. If 8-4 is your definition of mediocre you are wrong and anyone will tell you that with the exception of around 5 people in here that are real negative. I can make an argument that we should be 9-3, we outplayed the Jags by a mile but lost because of dumb mistakes. 

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV- Flanders what does he know lmao .

Wait, Colts won the Super Bowl 9yrs ago?

I must be getting old because I don't remember that at all.

Also, 31 teams every year doesn't win the SB, that doesn't make you mediocre.

Of course it is fine to point on things we did wrong and need to improve on, a select few take it to the extreme though, and far to often.

Nobody is ever completely satisfied but the idea behind this thread is most folks are so concerned with the bad plays they forget our overall record. 

The team has flaws. Even the defending champion Chiefs have flaws. Dwelling on those every time Colts win or lose won't change the outcome.

I guarantee you Texans fans are looking at things from the opposite side.

Colts fan: No fumble Colts lose

Texans fan: No fumble Texans win 

The optimism no matter how you see it goes several different ways. 

1 hour ago, Chucklez said:

We could also easily be 9-3 or 10-2 without some silly mistakes made by this team too....

In the end, this is a week to week league and a win is a win, and a loss is a loss.

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How is 8-4 medicore? Just asking. If 8-4 is your definition of mediocre you are wrong and anyone will tell you that with the exception of around 5 people in here that are real negative. I can make an argument that we should be 9-3, we outplayed the Jags by a mile but lost because of dumb mistakes. 

Let me try again English is not my first language so sorry if im not clear.. Im not saying we should win every game, every SB or what ever. We could be anything right not it doesn't matter. As right now we are playing mediocre football.. barely beat the Texans got smashed by the Titans.. I'm proud of our performance vs GB and going overtime vs them is fine because I see them as a good competitive team. But the way we won against Texans is not good enough for me, if we want more than 1 game in the playoff. 

We have to step up and play better if we want to accomplish anything.

6 hours ago, Robin said:

Let me try again English is not my first language so sorry if im not clear.. Im not saying we should win every game, every SB or what ever. We could be anything right not it doesn't matter. As right now we are playing mediocre football.. barely beat the Texans got smashed by the Titans.. I'm proud of our performance vs GB and going overtime vs them is fine because I see them as a good competitive team. But the way we won against Texans is not good enough for me, if we want more than 1 game in the playoff. 

We have to step up and play better if we want to accomplish anything.

That same Titans squad that killed us Colts killed 2 weeks before that so your point is moot.

7 hours ago, Robin said:

BTW Colts won in 06 against Bears 29 to 17.

I'm never as long as I live will ever forget that. 

Some people see the flaws in the team and think that there's no way we would make it far in the playoffs. Might as well lose so we can get a better pick in the draft. However, there's teams that still make it far or even win the Super Bowl with flaws. Look at the Eagles a few years back... I think the Colts could do the same. Probability of that is slim but you never know and that's the whole idea of it all. 

8 hours ago, Robin said:

To each their own.   I'm just glad I am not like that as a football fan.  31/32 teams don't win the Superbowl.   The Colts odds at winning the Superbowl are not good, but you just need to make the playoffs.  

The 1995 season was one of my favorites and we didn't even make the Superbowl.

It does seem that winning the Superbowl should be the ultimate goal.  And I don't want to get on a whole Luck thing but him leaving seriously set this team back in the planned growth.

Am I happy the Colts are 8-4: Sure!

Would I be happier if they were 9-3 or 10-2: Off course!

Do I think as they are performing right now they will win the Superbowl: No.

Do I know that teams can get hot and make a run: Yes!

So although I know this team has flaws I still think there is a shot at the playoffs and the possibility of a playoff run.

Do I think we can discuss the weaknesses of the team/coaching here: Of course!

I don't care what the fans in Texas, San Diego, New York or anywhere else think or feel.  I am fan of the Colts and if the teams needs improvement to compete for a Superbowl then let's talk about it.  

1 minute ago, gspdx said:

It does seem that winning the Superbowl should be the ultimate goal.  And I don't want to get on a whole Luck thing but him leaving seriously set this team back in the planned growth.

Am I happy the Colts are 8-4: Sure!

Would I be happier if they were 9-3 or 10-2: Off course!

Do I think as they are performing right now they will win the Superbowl: No.

Do I know that teams can get hot and make a run: Yes!

So although I know this team has flaws I still think there is a shot at the playoffs and the possibility of a playoff run.

Do I think we can discuss the weaknesses of the team/coaching here: Of course!

I don't care what the fans in Texas, San Diego, New York or anywhere else think or feel.  I am fan of the Colts and if the teams needs improvement to compete for a Superbowl then let's talk about it.  

I've never believed in the whole SB or bust ideal. This team is playing good enough to possibly make it and once you get there like mentioned before anything can happen.

And I pick against Colts like 80% of time. I don't mind being wrong. 

Many of us are basically constructive observers. I think it makes it more interesting to debate on ways to improve, than for everyone to just say "we're perfect". 

It doesn't mean we're upset that we won. We're just bored and are looking for ways the team can improve, (and they do indeed need a lot in that department). This is different from the ones who come out of the woodwork shouting and thrashing after a loss. 

I'm very happy with the overall direction of the team, from management on down. There's still plenty of work to do. 

BTW Colts won in 06 against Bears 29 to 17.

I'm never as long as I live will ever forget that. 

actually it was 07 :)   But thats what I mean.. the 10-6   / 9-7 - one and done seasons you hardly remember. So for me it doesn't matter the final standing. 

Yeah we won against Titans and that was good.. but last time we lost. We smashed Vikings and Jets.. like we should.. But last week we nearly lost.. This is not last week this is now, so as of right now we have to improve because we didn't play good football vs Texans.

53 minutes ago, Myles said:

To each their own.   I'm just glad I am not like that as a football fan.  31/32 teams don't win the Superbowl.   The Colts odds at winning the Superbowl are not good, but you just need to make the playoffs.  

The 1995 season was one of my favorites and we didn't even make the Superbowl.

Well i'm a Colts fan and I want Colts to be the best.. The odds are not good, but by getting better you improve the odds.

4 minutes ago, Robin said:

actually it was 07 :)   But thats what I mean.. the 10-6   / 9-7 - one and done seasons you hardly remember. So for me it doesn't matter the final standing. 

Yeah we won against Titans and that was good.. but last time we lost. We smashed Vikings and Jets.. like we should.. But last week we nearly lost.. This is not last week this is now, so as of right now we have to improve because we didn't play good football vs Texans.

Well i'm a Colts fan and I want Colts to be the best.. The odds are not good, but by getting better you improve the odds.

The year was 07 but it was the 06 season

10 minutes ago, Robin said:

Once the Colts get there anything is possible. Could you guys even imagine going to Heinz or Arrowhead with nobody picking the Colts and coming out with a victory?

13 minutes ago, Robin said:

Only 1 team wins the SB every year, if that is the only reason why you watch, more than likely you will disappointed 90% of the time. Winning a SB is really tough, we have about 10% of winning the SB with this team. We had Manning and only won 1. It is the ultimate goal but I think people should just be happy we have a playoff team most years and are competitive. There are several franchises that suck a lot and are not fun to watch at all. We are lucky to have a team like the Colts.

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

Some people see the flaws in the team and think that there's no way we would make it far in the playoffs. Might as well lose so we can get a better pick in the draft. However, there's teams that still make it far or even win the Super Bowl with flaws. Look at the Eagles a few years back... I think the Colts could do the same. Probability of that is slim but you never know and that's the whole idea of it all. 

The Colts definitely had flaws the year they won the super bowl.

That whole season we were giving up huge amounts of yardage on the ground.

We gave up 219 (Titans), 375 (Jags), 133 (Cincy), 191 (Texans) and 150 (Dolphins) the last 5 games going into the playoffs. We also went 2-3 in those last five games. 

Then something happened that no one expected. They shut the massive running game down at Kansas City. Then won a field goal game in Baltimore. Then came one of the most magical games against the Patriots.

The Bears game was a cake walk compared to the playoffs.

The Colts forced 13 turnovers in the playoffs and the super bowl.

I think what you said was 100% correct. Chances are slim but that's why the games are played. Anything can happen and normally does. 

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The Colts definitely had flaws the year they won the super bowl.

That whole season we were giving up huge amounts of yardage on the ground.

We gave up 219 (Titans), 375 (Jags), 133 (Cincy), 191 (Texans) and 150 (Dolphins) the last 5 games going into the playoffs. We also went 2-3 in those last five games. 

Then something happened that no one expected. They shut the massive running game down at Kansas City. Then won a field goal game in Baltimore. Then came one of the most magical games against the Patriots.

The Bears game was a cake walk compared to the playoffs.

The Colts forced 13 turnovers in the playoffs and the super bowl.

I think what you said was 100% correct. Chances are slim but that's why the games are played. Anything can happen and normally does. 

getting in the hardest part

I know I know the office GIF

8-4 is a good record but imo this colts team isn't good enough to be a real contender. I think we lose to the raiders and steelers. So 10-6. Hell maybe 9-7 if texans win the rematch. Is that good enough to get into the playoffs? Maybe the Colts will prove me wrong but I just don't think this is our year.

1 hour ago, Patrick Miller said:

8-4 is a good record but imo this colts team isn't good enough to be a real contender. I think we lose to the raiders and steelers. So 10-6. Hell maybe 9-7 if texans win the rematch. Is that good enough to get into the playoffs? Maybe the Colts will prove me wrong but I just don't think this is our year.

Colts lol

contender.png

Archived