Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Texans, December 6, 2020, 1pm EST

NFLfan

1 minute ago, ar7 said:

Yeah I thought this would be close though I thought the Colts would have put this away a bit earlier. Despite the players the Texans had out, and not having as good of a roster overall, Watson is incredible and makes up for so much. His ability to escape and get it to guys downfield is as good as anyone in the league. Those big plays allow the Texans to be within striking distance.

But I was extremely disappointed with Reich's play calling. I'm not on the side of firing Reich but I thought his play calling today warrants criticism. They underutilized Taylor throughout the game. They also went away from TY in the second half. The only points the Colts score in the second half was on a safety.

Reich deserves criticism so I won't bash for people doing it, I think on the 4th down he just called the wrong play.

• Like 1

I actually LIKED the decision to go for it late in the game to put the game completely away. What I HATED was the play call. We snapped the ball wayyy too quickly and ran the worst of all worlds. A shotgun run to our smallest back up the middle. That is just disgusting. Go for it, but call a better play Frank

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If you call having a heart attack fun than I agree lmao . I thought Watson was going to score easily at the end to be honest. I was sick for a moment, then the miracle happened :thmup:

It was Franks way of putting it on the defense & special teams. I think he spoke volumes to his team today. It's refreshing after the Manning/Dungy conservative years

Need to use Taylor more. He has the hot hand and is a solid north south runner. We get too cute  at times with Hines. This team also  needs to clean up the penalties. Walker had too on good punt retrurns. The holding calls and off side calls on last drive also hurt. We have to be more disciplined and not make bonehead plays. We did that against GB and survived. We did this today nearly paid the price.  We won but we were lucky to escape with a win. LT situation is an issue without AC. Taylor and  TY were heroes on offense. Buckner was huge on defense.

I would have kicked FG instead of going for it on 4th and 1. Would have put us up by 7. We got the sack to get back 2 points but we were very close losing this game by 1 if Texans scored at end of game.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This team isn’t going anywhere with Reich playcalling.  The defense nails him out again. We need AC back. The good is Taylor is really coming along now so that should help form the stretch. For the life of me why are we running Hines up the fur when Taylor was looking so good. Walker penalty in that punt was ridiculous. He didn’t need to hold.

What the heck happened to the titans today lol. The jets really are tanking. Anyone see the last play.

Yeah it was pathetic.

One on one on Ruggs no safeties nack anywhere to be seen.

They should lose the #1 pick from tanking that obvious.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

They would of been smarter to put Jacoby in on that play instead of Hines. Going for it wasn’t a big deal it was the play they ran.

Agree - put Jacoby in and even if you hand it to a RB, it should've been Taylor and he would've gotten that yard, if not taking it in for the score.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Watson is gonna be a problem for a long time.  I think next game we finish more of those potential sacks and win more comfortably next game. 

Yeah.  He was a real problem with those zero TD passes and 2 turnovers.

As long as they continue having him play hero ball and pay him 40 million per year, Watson and the Texans are going absolutely nowhere and will be causing nobody problems.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Taylor looked good today I agree. He was running with strength and his speed showed today.

Absolutely fantastic, I thought he exercised a lot of patience today also.  135 yards from scrim, 1 TD, 7 ypc, he looked great and through three quarters I felt he only played in a fraction of total snaps.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah but I was ready to read fire Frank lmao 

I’m not on that wagon... yet. But too many more of those dumb play calls and questionable personnel decisions, and regardless of record, we may need to start finding an upgrade

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ScotColt said:

‘tHe HatErS’ please grow up. We are all here because we are colts fans who were freaking out over baffling play calls. That’s all.

You can tell me grow up but do the same to the trolls and haters then it evens out. I am sure I am older than you so there it is. I am good though, keep at it my true Colts fan. We won and I am happy :thmup:

• Like 2