Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Texans, December 6, 2020, 1pm EST

NFLfan

I like aggressive... But I take the points there. 

Even if you are going to go for it put JB in; that gives you so many more options you have snuck it with JB enough times now that's what they are expecting, it opens up other options. That seems like the type of situation you have been setting up with all of JBs QB sneaks, now he comes in and throws it, etc. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Between the Coastal Carolina win last night and the Colts win today, I am finished for the near future.  Give me a nice week with no drama until next Sunday!

Same here!  I'm a big time IU and Colts fan, IU's win against Wisconsin was EEEEYYYYUUUUGGGEEE yesterday. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Are you sarcastically acknowledging the egregious holding that's not being called?

Our defense is being repeatedly held, yet it's never called, while the Colts get called for holding if they so much as look at the opponent the wrong way...

U r right. The Colts D line is being held. If u look closely so is the Texans D line. The league is not conspiring with the refs against the Colts.

3 hours ago, w87r said:

What a surprise. First comment in the thread and its negative. You would think you would change up by now.

Your level of consistency is impressive though.

So u like this D? They r regressing but a lot of that has to do with them now playing good offences. Look at my comments at the beginning of the year. We r going to see how good this D is when they play good offences. Now we r seeing it. The Texans lost their #1 wr and should have beaten the Colts

14 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

How bout the Texans were missing their #1 receiver and they let 2 unknown wrs put up gawdy #'s. Dont let the win fool u. This D is not that good. Its fools gold

10 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

The Texans lost their #1 wr and should have beaten the Colts

You're joking right?  Have you seen the 2nd half stats for the Colts D today?

They only allowed like 127 yds in the 2nd half, while getting what? 3 sacks, a safety, an interception, a fumble recovery, and most importantly... DIDN'T ALLOW A SINGLE POINT IN THE SECOND HALF!?!?  Those are elite stats for one half of defense, no matter how you slice it.

Don't let your opinion fool you, this IS a good D.  Even when they have to play against the zebras as well as the opposing offense.  :td:

• Like 1

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You're joking right?  Have you seen the 2nd half stats for the Colts today?

They only allowed like 127 yds in the 2nd half, while getting what? 3 sacks, a safety, an interception, a fumble recovery, and most importantly... DIDN'T ALLOW A SINGLE POINT IN THE SECOND HALF!?!?  Those are elite stats for one half of defense, no matter how you slice it.

Don't let your opinion fool you, this IS a good D.  Even when they have to play against the zebras as well as the opposing offense.  :td:

I dont care bout 1st half vs 2nd half stats. The fact is that theu gave up 20 and should have been 27 of not for football gods. Giving  27 points to a team who is missing their #1 and playing scrubs at the wr position. Not good

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I dont care bout 1st half vs 2nd half stats. The fact is that theu gave up 20 and should have been 27 of not for football gods. Giving  27 points to a team who is missing their #1 and playing scrubs at the wr position. Not good

Foolish.  I thought this league was about "What have you done for me lately"... right?

The last half of football we saw from the Colts:  ie TODAY: we saw an elite defense close out a game against an elite QB in an elite style, filling up the stat-sheet and key players making key plays in key situations.  Moore, Buckner, and Leonard all deserve POTW awards for their effort and performance today.

Defense wins championships, my friend.  And we have one.  For the first time in a long time.  We have one.  Playmakers at every level, and a complimentary offense that just needs to find their groove.  If things play out the rest of the season like they did today, we'll be talking about a championship defense led by Leonard, Buckner and Moore.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Foolish.  I thought this league was about "What have you done for me lately"... right?

The last half of football we saw from the Colts:  ie TODAY: we saw an elite defense close out a game against an elite QB in an elite style, filling up the stat-sheet and key players making key plays in key situations.  Moore, Buckner, and Leonard all deserve POTW awards for their effort and performance today.

Defense wins championships, my friend.  And we have one.  For the first time in a long time.  We have one.  Playmakers at every level, and a complimentary offense that just needs to find their groove.  If things play out the rest of the season like they did today, we'll be talking about a championship defense led by Leonard, Buckner and Moore.

Agree to disagree. I dislike this scheme. Good qbs tear the zones apart. Then they decide to blitz to put on pressure and their dbs cant play man because they r zone corners. And there in line is the problem with this defence

41 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So u like this D? They r regressing but a lot of that has to do with them now playing good offences. Look at my comments at the beginning of the year. We r going to see how good this D is when they play good offences. Now we r seeing it. The Texans lost their #1 wr and should have beaten the Colts

Did you even watch the game?

I suspect by your comments you did not.

Bottom line is your first comment in the thread is like every other post you usually post on the forum. Taking shots at the team, trying to get a rise out of people.

Came in claiming they gave up 20pts in 1st half but with no context, like multiple holding calls on their OL that were not called, that let them continue drives, coupled with 2 defensive penalties that were bogus and continued drives for at least 7-10 of those 20pts.

Then they shut them out in the 2nd half. The defense bailed Frank Reich out today 

You saying the Texans should of won tells me you didn't watch the game, because Texans shouldn't of even been in that game.

Im sure you will say you watched it but I won't believe it.

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You're joking right?  Have you seen the 2nd half stats for the Colts D today?

those are comments from a poster that didn't even watch the game just came on the forum to entertain himself because his Sunday was boring.(things he even admits to doing)

That's what he does, the Mods are onto his methods and it's getting quite old.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Agree to disagree. I dislike this scheme. Good qbs tear the zones apart. Then they decide to blitz to put on pressure and their dbs cant play man because they r zone corners. And there in line is the problem with this defence

Then disagree it is, because DeShaun Watson, an ELITE QB in this league, didn't tear anything apart in the 2nd half.  He didn't score a single point.  Null.  Nada.

He actually gave the Colts points.  One safety, one interception, one fumble recovery, and 3 sacks.

You have your own narrative, whatever.  My Colts have a D, and I have no problems with it.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Then disagree it is, because DeShaun Watson, an ELITE QB in this league, didn't tear anything apart in the 2nd half.  He didn't score a single point.  Null.  Nada.

He actually gave the Colts points.  One safety, one interception, one fumble recovery, and 3 sacks.

You have your own narrative, whatever.  My Colts have a D, and I have no problems with it.

Hmmmm...correction.  He would have had 7 at end of the game if not for a mishap. He carved up the D on the last drive and should have won the game.

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hmmmm...correction.  He would have had 7 at end of the game if not for a mishap. He carved up the D on the last drive and should have won the game.

"Should" have?

You, a Colts fan, just said our opponent should have won the game.

Are you at all happy that our team actually won the game?  :scratch:

• Like 2