Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts need to trade for a WR

JediXMan

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just pay the price and get A J Green for a 5th if he is healthy, the Bengals know they won't get much more for a guy they will lose in free agency anyways. At least he can run more routes than John Ross. They have Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd and other young TEs to lean on.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Just pay the price and get A J Green for a 5th if he is healthy, the Bengals know they won't get much more for a guy they will lose in free agency anyways. At least he can run more routes than John Ross. They have Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd and other young TEs to lean on.

Would love to get Green for cheap. Fits Rivers style of WR also.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Would love to get Green for cheap. Fits Rivers style of WR also.

Yeah, if the Bengals owner/GM plays hard ball and wants a 4th, let him know that it can go up to a 4th based on playing time, make it conditional and start with a 5th. 

If you want to go all in and try to win the SB just pay the price and get someone like Amari Cooper.  He would be our playmaker for quite a long time.  If the Cowboys lose tonight I think Jerry would do it.  If you want to go cheap then go get a Golden Tate or AJ Green.  You get what you pay for.  Rivers showed today he can hit the deep ball.  Our receiving corp is young and still developing.  We need an experienced WR right away to stay in the hunt.  We are now tied for 1st in the division and now one of the top teams in the conference.  We can win this thing with Rivers.  After today I'm really expecting Ballard to make some kind of move at the deadline.  

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If you want to go all in and try to win the SB just pay the price and get someone like Amari Cooper.  He would be our playmaker for quite a long time.  If the Cowboys lose tonight I think Jerry would do it.  If you want to go cheap then go get a Golden Tate or AJ Green.  You get what you pay for.  Rivers showed today he can hit the deep ball.  Our receiving corp is young and still developing.  We need an experienced WR right away to stay in the hunt.  We are now tied for 1st in the division and now one of the top teams in the conference.  We can win this thing with Rivers.  After today I'm really expecting Ballard to make some kind of move at the deadline.  

We cant afford to pay him his $20m a year.

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

We cant afford to pay him his $20m a year.

Sure we can. Without sweating it

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think they are more likely to bring Fountain and Harris back to the main roster and depend on Johnson, Pascal, and Pittman to be their top three.  I do think you could see Hines playing a few snaps at WR too.  

This is the most likely scenario 

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah his salary isn’t the issue.  I think the price tag Jerry would want for a trade for him is the issue because I don’t think Jerry is interested in trading him.

I would agree there. And I don’t think Ballard is gonna give up anything major for him. 

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Me either.  Ballard doesn’t like to trade picks and nor should he with how heavily they have invested in WR in the past couple of drafts.  

That’s why i said in another thread, that I’d take a flyer at John Ross for no higher than a conditional 5th

Just now, csmopar said:

That’s why i said in another thread, that I’d take a flyer at John Ross for no higher than a conditional 5th

That’s more realistic but I think we both agree Harris and fountain coming back are the most realistic option.  Still if the Colts were to make a trade what you have proposed is much more realistic.

Archived