Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts need to trade for a WR

JediXMan

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Sure we can. Without sweating it

No we cant and its not close.

That would leave us with $46m next offseason.

With a ton of FA to sign including a QB unless you want to roll with Eason.

Trading for Cooper would essentially mean we would have to roll woth Eason, and even then we would still be to tight on money.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Trading for Cooper would essentially mean we would have to roll woth Eason, and even then we would still be to tight on money.

Nowism 

Who cares about tomorrow 

38 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, if the Bengals owner/GM plays hard ball and wants a 4th, let him know that it can go up to a 4th based on playing time, make it conditional and start with a 5th. 

I read/heard from a couple of the talking heads that the Bengals won't trade Ross low because they think someone will pay up enough in offseason to give them a decent comp pick.

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

It would be a heavy sweat. It would prevent us from re-signing a couple of our own free agents, for sure. 

So I guess it's about whether he'd be worth it. 

Trading for Coopers $20m contract would probably end up costing us Nelson or Leonard by the time its time to resign them. Would be a horrible move.

Not worth it in the slightest. Not directed at you just adding more context.

Just now, w87r said:

Trading for Coopers $20m contract would probably end up costing us Nelson or Leonard by the time its time to resign them. Would be a horrible move.

I agree with this 100%. Heavy pass on Cooper. If Hilton leaves, draft a WR next year to replace him.

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

It would be a heavy sweat. It would prevent us from re-signing a couple of our own free agents, for sure. 

So I guess it's about whether he'd be worth it. 

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

I’m not saying we should do it, I’m just saying we could potentially make it work. That said, i think IF Ballard got some wild hair and decided to pull this trade, TY is gone, Brissett is definitely gone and yes, we’d likely roll with Eason.

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

That is all he cares about

Yeah, but I doubt Ross commands a big market. And the highest they’d ever get is a 3rd and there’s no way anyone signs him for that, so a 4th or a 5th as a comp pick would be the most likely

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

We have another year before they come up right?

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Well, lets see if I'm right if we can operate without Hilton for a bit. His two catches for 9 yards in the time he played really didn't install confidence. I want to see guys like Patmon, Fountain, and Harris get playing time!

I think Johnson is gonna be rivers target with TY out. They seem to have chemistry gojng

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Me either.  Ballard doesn’t like to trade picks and nor should he with how heavily they have invested in WR in the past couple of drafts.  

Well he did trade a 1st for Buckner.  No one saw that coming.  I think he did it because he's trying to win it this year with Rivers.  He could also restructure Coopers contract to free up more cap space.  Let's face it our WR's scare nobody. Maybe someday but not today.   Our RB's and a TE caught the TD passes today.  Wr is an area that could use a big add IMO. 

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

We have another year before they come up right?

I am assuming they will exercise the fifth year option on Nelson.  One would assume they will try to extend Leonard and maybe Smith this off-season.  They will also need to make a decision on Rivers, Pascal, Walker and Mack this off-season.   Turay, and Lewis will also have their contacts come up after next season as well.  

10 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Well he did trade a 1st for Buckner.  No one saw that coming.  I think he did it because he's trying to win it this year with Rivers.  He could also restructure Coopers contract to free up more cap space.  Let's face it our WR's scare nobody. Maybe someday but not today.   Our RB's and a TE caught the TD passes today.  Wr is an area that could use a big add IMO. 

I think he did it because Buckner is still 25 and was a sure thing which is why they turned around and gave him a contract extension.  He was as much about addressing a need for now as well as the future.  

if you notice the graphic they put up late in the game the WRs had more yards, targets, and yards than the TEs or RBs did.  Yes the later scored the TDs but the WRs had a good game.  Do teams fear them like they did when the Colts had Marvin and Reggie?  Not even close.  Still you have to remember their top two WRs are hurt and their third WR is a rookie working his way back from injury today.  They have been pretty beat up at WR this year.  

I agree they don’t have any WR teams really respect other than Hilton but I also don’t think Ballard is going to fix that with an in season trade either.

14 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Well, lets see if I'm right if we can operate without Hilton for a bit. His two catches for 9 yards in the time he played really didn't install confidence. I want to see guys like Patmon, Fountain, and Harris get playing time!

Rivers went to 11 different receivers today and TY caught both targeted passes thrown to him. 

I agree I would like to see guys step up but when Rivers throws to 11 different players it's hard to complain about the way things are. 

Rivers had a rating of 123.5 today so he is using his tools very efficiently. 

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Rivers went to 11 different receivers today and TY caught both targeted passes thrown to him. 

I agree I would like to see guys step up but when Rivers throws to 11 different players it's hard to complain about the way things are. 

Rivers had a rating of 123.5 today so he is using his tools very efficiently. 

Which is part of the reason I don’t expect the Colts to make a move.  Having a WR who needs a lot of targets is almost counterproductive to the way frank wants it to work.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Which is part of the reason I don’t expect the Colts to make a move.  Having a WR who needs a lot of targets is almost counterproductive to the way frank wants it to work.

Agree. He said something today post game, that he likes the way rivers is spreading it around. Said it a couple times this week. Really, that’s the best way, spread it around every game to find the hot hand, then ride it. Makes game planning that much harder. It kills fantasy points but who cares as long as it gets results on the field 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Agree. He said something today post game, that he likes the way rivers is spreading it around. Said it a couple times this week. Really, that’s the best way, spread it around every game to find the hot hand, then ride it. Makes game planning that much harder. It kills fantasy points but who cares as long as it gets results on the field 

Love or hate him, in my case hate, Brady has made a career of it.

Rivers hit 11 different pass catchers today for 250+ and 3 TDs. TY was only 9 of those yards.

We'll be fine. Doubt we do anything. If TY is out long term, maybe.  

Like Luck in 2018, Rivers is proving he can deal it to anyone running a route.

Wouldn't complain though depending on who it is.

Just now, MacDee1975 said:

God help you if you think Dulin being out warrants a trade being made to fill his roster spot.

stop it GIF by Jason Clarke

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah that’s not what he said but you still have to fill the roster spot.

Lmao Lol GIF by Originals

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

But he didn’t like duhlin so he doesn’t count duh...

Skeleton Lol GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Did you miss the title of the thread, Mrs Dulin?  It's exactly what he said:

"Colts need to trade for a WR"

Colts can easily fill your husbands spot without making any trade.

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

To soon to know about Dulin, but even if he's out for a game, or a couple, Harris can be temped up one more game. Fountain can be temp'd up twice now. Patmon is already on the 53. And Pitman just came back and should see more snaps next week anyway.

Not a huge deal given Rivers has proven he can throw to anyone. 11 different pass catchers today.

39 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

God help you if you think Dulin being out warrants a trade being made to fill his roster spot.

33 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

I did not say it. Obviously reading comprehension is lacking. I am NOT the one who started this thread, nor did I say Duhlin’s Warrants a trade. Find me evidence to the contrary, I’ll wait

its obvious to everyone who is missing what

39 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

To soon to know about Dulin, but even if he's out for a game, or a couple, Harris can be temped up one more game. Fountain can be temp'd up twice now. Patmon is already on the 53. And Pitman just came back and should see more snaps next week anyway.

Not a huge deal given Rivers has proven he can throw to anyone. 11 different pass catchers today.

Yeah if you’ve been reading the tread you’d see that’s pretty much what I’ve been saying.

2 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Hilton might be out for awhile. Also Dulin injured his knee. Come on Bengals trade Ross.

Sure, Ross would b a  great addition. Only one problem and its a major issue.  He sucks. Have him run a straight line with no pads and he will take the top of the defence. However, he will most likely pull a hamstring ten yards into his vertical route. Other than the issues I mentioned, it would be a great pick if the NFL was a flag football league.

34 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Sure, Ross would b a  great addition. Only one problem and its a major issue.  He sucks. Have him run a straight line with no pads and he will take the top of the defence. However, he will most likely pull a hamstring ten yards into his vertical route. Other than the issues I mentioned, it would be a great pick if the NFL was a flag football league.

How much of that is the rather crap environment he’s in?

Just now, csmopar said:

How much of that is the rather crap environment he’s in?

Hmmmmmm... Crap enviroment???Burrows is looking legit and the Bengals on offense r moving the ball. To me it would b a great environment for him to thrive. Up and coming qb star and they r airing it out. He is a bust

1 hour ago, MacDee1975 said:

Have you been reading the thread where no one was saying they need to make trade because of Duhlin?  Clearly not based on this reaction.  People are saying they have to replace him and my response was to say they will probably sign Fountain and Harris.  Your response  have come off like why would you replace Duhlin at all.

Archived