Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Interesting Green Bay / Rogers angle

WoolMagnet

I read a story about how Green Bay may have drafted Love , in part, because they are tired of Rogers “antics.”  Mainly his passive-aggressive style toward the organization.

So Rogers, not exactly a touchy-feely type, kinda has to mentor a young Jordan Love.  Even if he ignores him, he will , at least, have a “shadow” behind him named JORDAN.

Same name as , you know, that younger brother he apparently doesn't talk to.

So now every day at practice, probably like most of his childhood, he’s gonna hear JORDAN this, and JORDAN that.  Its gonna be like fingernails on a chalkboard to him.

I cant wait.  Haha

5 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I read a story about how Green Bay may have drafted Love , in part, because they are tired of Rogers “antics.”  Mainly his passive-aggressive style toward the organization.

So Rogers, not exactly a touchy-feely type, kinda has to mentor a young Jordan Love.  Even if he ignores him, he will , at least, have a “shadow” behind him named JORDAN.

So now every day at practice, probably like most of his childhood, he’s gonna hear JORDAN this, and JORDAN that.  Its gonna be like fingernails on a chalkboard to him.

I cant wait.  Haha

I can see that, but then Green Bay doesn't take any receivers in a WR deep draft?  It sounds like cutting your nose off to spite your face.  If that is true they might as well trade Rodgers for a few picks next year.

If Love looks like he can compete I wouldn't be shocked if the Packers don't trade Rogers. Every report I've read, including from Packer insiders is that he's a major problem child. The fact that he stopped talking to his own family shows how important he thinks he is..

8 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

If Love looks like he can compete I wouldn't be shocked if the Packers don't trade Rogers. Every report I've read, including from Packer insiders is that he's a major problem child. The fact that he stopped talking to his own family shows how important he thinks he is..

That's what happens when you hook up with Danica Patrick    image.thumb.png.75b2ceac1705466b3ecdca9b6086f491.png  :sip:

6 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I cant wait.  Haha

I don't really buy that at all.  

I think they drafted Love because they really liked him and felt Rodgers future with the team may be around 2-3 years.   I'm in the minority of people because I don't fault the Packers for the pick.  It'll be 3-4 years till we know I guess.   

8 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I cant wait.  Haha

Rodgers

It’s Fraudgers.

Anyway as much as I’m loving this I don’t think it’s anything near as personal as people are trying to make it. The Packers front office is just this big of a mess. They’re in big trouble assuming the other teams in that division can remember how to play football against them for once. 

Since Rodgers just signed that huge contract I think I read he is basically untradable for the next two years or GB would have something like 50 million in dead money. That said after 2 years it would be possible and likely given what they have invested in Love.

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Since Rodgers just signed that huge contract I think I read he is basically untradable for the next two years or GB would have something like 50 million in dead money. That said after 2 years it would be possible and likely given what they have invested in Love.

I think this is his last season in GB.

They can move off his contract next year(2021) for a net $10m cap savings.

Yes it would be a $25m(if traded) dead cap hit, but cant look at it like that. $31m dead cap hit if released(not happening)

You move on and save $10m more than if he was still on the team.

I just don't see him making it through 2 more seasons. He will force his way out next year.

8 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

It’s Fraudgers.

Anyway as much as I’m loving this I don’t think it’s anything near as personal as people are trying to make it. The Packers front office is just this big of a mess. They’re in big trouble assuming the other teams in that division can remember how to play football against them for once. 

Aaron has a big ego.

He no doubt took this personally. Not so sure he should. As this is how his career started, but then again, I always thought he was an *.

I wouldn't mind letting him end his career in Indy though, depending on how Rivers plays(I expect him to play very well).

On 4/28/2020 at 11:34 PM, WoolMagnet said:

I cant wait.  Haha

Maybe that's why Rodgers was left to rot in the green room back on his Draft Day. 

Guys like him and Brady.... who carry and endless chip (Sequoia National Forest) on their shoulder over the "persecution" of not being drafted where they think they should have been make me sick!

Snot-nosed little :censored2:ards.... why, back in my day we would have taken them out back and kicked their sugary, shiney :censored2:es !!

grumpy-clint.thumb.jpg.d0f1f2d70cf822456cef442c9e0623fc.jpg

Now....where's my latte? :scratch:

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I feel bad for Love. This is not a good situation to be drafted into. On top of it GB doesn’t like to draft highly skilled players.  

He's been given the keys to the future of a primer NFL franchise. I've got a dollar that says Jordan doesn't feel bad.

Rogders will be playing elsewhere ASAP-which could be 2 years out, but it's going to happen. Frankly, if the Colts don't have it figured out by then, sign me up.

It’s a new regime in Green Bay. Once they change quarterbacks it will be a complete makeover. Meanwhile if there is any doubt about the future all Love has to do when it comes time to sign his next deal is merely ask if they will draft a skill player or 2 lol! And if he doesn’t make it that far he’s still ok unless he straight gets cut and not picked up by somebody else.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

He's been given the keys to the future of a primer NFL franchise. I've got a dollar that says Jordan doesn't feel bad.

Rogders will be playing elsewhere ASAP-which could be 2 years out, but it's going to happen. Frankly, if the Colts don't have it figured out by then, sign me up.

I at meant if he fails once he becomes the starter some of that has to be put on the organization. 

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

He should pull a Farve and go to a division rival but it would be the Bears instead of the Vikings.

I am sure the Bears or the Lions would love to have him. Rodgers plays real well indoors, would extend his life if he goes to the Lions. Same reason why I think they'd be glad to send him to the Colts, especially if Eason does not pan out as more than a backup.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I am sure the Bears or the Lions would love to have him. Rodgers plays real well indoors, would extend his life if he goes to the Lions. Same reason why I think they'd be glad to send him to the Colts, especially if Eason does not pan out as more than a backup.

We need to find our future not keep recycling old QB.

16 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

its kind of funny, hes two years younger than rivers and might be available in a year or two from now.  could be another good short term fit here 

Ha ha.   I like it.  So if we do Rivers for 2 years and then Rodgers for 2 years, who is in line next?

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

We need to find our future not keep recycling old QB.

If we feel the old QB can contribute, I don’t see a problem. If we can get 1 SB out of it, no brownie points for “I won a SB by drafting and developing my own QB”.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If we feel the old QB can contribute, I don’t see a problem. If we can get 1 SB out of it, no brownie points for “I won a SB by drafting and developing my own QB”.

I wonder if a team can develop a reputation for being a last stop for aging great QB's?    I imagine a Superbowl win or 2 would do it.  

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I stand by what I said. This year with Rivers is unique with Luck retiring and buys us time. We don’t need to keep bringing old QB in. They wouldn’t either. Rivers is a special case with his relationship with the coaching staff. Rogers wouldn’t fit here at all. Not every QB will.

20 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I stand by what I said. This year with Rivers is unique with Luck retiring and buys us time. We don’t need to keep bringing old QB in. They wouldn’t either. Rivers is a special case with his relationship with the coaching staff. Rogers wouldn’t fit here at all. Not every QB will.

I disagree.  I think Reich and Rodgers would work well.  

I know this conversation is really just fantasy, but I would be fine getting 2-3 years out of aging great QB's for a decade or 2.  

On 4/30/2020 at 11:47 AM, chad72 said:

Him going to the Colts is a real possibility depending on how our GM sees it. Bears will not pick up the 5th year option on Trubisky.

Archived