Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adam Schefter Colts making calls to move up from 34

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Jordan Love lovers rejoicing somewhere...??:peek:

We would likely need to spend a lot of capital trading up to around 20 to get him, which I don't see Ballard doing. Love won't make it far, he'll go in the first 24 picks, maybe much earlier. If anything, the move would be to 31 or something like that, to pick up a 5th year option, and get another position, and if it is QB it's likely to be Hurts, the clear cut QB5 in the class.

27 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This was on Get up this morning. Looking for the video.

Would love to see the video on this. San Fran at 31 makes the most sense. Unless they have a really good pulse on things and a certain “someone” falls closer to the end of RD1 they can grab without giving up a ton of draft capital 

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Maybe it isn’t for a QB.

I really doubt it isn't, mainly because of the 5th year option and the fact that have a veteran QB at the helm that a rookie QB can sit behind. All those things add up, just like the Lamar Jackson draft trade up situation, for it to be for a QB, IF they move up. It still is a big IF.

Just now, WarGhost21 said:

We would likely need to spend a lot of capital trading up to around 20 to get him, which I don't see Ballard doing. Love won't make it far, he'll go in the first 24 picks, maybe much earlier. If anything, the move would be to 31 or something like that, to pick up a 5th year option, and get another position, and if it is QB it's likely to be Hurts, the clear cut QB5 in the class.

Like I said above, the only reason to move up is for the 5th year option, which makes it more relevant for a rookie QB that will be sitting behind an established veteran QB we have brought along. Other positions, we can stand pat and go BPA, IMO.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Like I said above, the only reason to move up is for the 5th year option, which makes it more relevant for a rookie QB that will be sitting behind an established veteran QB we have brought along. Other positions, we can stand pat and go BPA, IMO.

I agree, but I just don't see Ballard moving up so much to get Love like they would have to. People on this forum really wanted him at 13, and now they expect him to tumble to the second round. Too many people love Love and are ignoring where he is slotted. If we do move up for a QB, it is more than likely for the draft's QB5, not Love

3 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Colts must have their eyes on somebody. Get a trade partner ready if a certain player is there. I wonder how far 34th and next years first would get us. Have a feeling if tua or love start falling, they’ll try to move up. 

Vikings or Eagles would be my strong guesses. Pick No.34, Pick No.75 and possibly a future 3rd is what it would take, IMO, unless a player is involved, like Jacoby Brissett. Eagles would be in the market for a backup QB since Foles is gone and Josh McCown is gone too.

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I agree for the most part. 

I think he might view certain OTs or WRs as special players that might need to sit behind AC (by maybe playing RT) or spell TY to take over for them permanently in a couple of years.  Maybe even Jonathon Taylor or Swift, two great runners who also can catch.  I don't think Mack has been extended.

If a special player at OT, WR, or RB is there at 31 or higher, I think giving up a pick like 75 or 122 is a no brainer, IMO.

Edit:  Polian thought it worthy of a late first to take both Donald Brown and Joseph Addai.  Taylor, Swift are both way better than either of those.

8 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

I agree, but I just don't see Ballard moving up so much to get Love like they would have to. People on this forum really wanted him at 13, and now they expect him to tumble to the second round. Too many people love Love and are ignoring where he is slotted. If we do move up for a QB, it is more than likely for the draft's QB5, not Love

a lot of the qb holes filled in free agency.  cam is still out there, someone probably has their eyes on dalton too

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Vikings or Eagles would be my strong guesses. Pick No.34, Pick No.75 and possibly a future 3rd is what it would take, IMO, unless a player is involved, like Jacoby Brissett. Eagles would be in the market for a backup QB since Foles is gone and Josh McCown is gone too.

I’m not sure jacoby would carry much value. Now hooker and 34th might sound good to eagles. 

21 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Would love to see the video on this. San Fran at 31 makes the most sense. Unless they have a really good pulse on things and a certain “someone” falls closer to the end of RD1 they can grab without giving up a ton of draft capital 

Sanfran or seattle at 27. Maybe even the cheifs  at 32

1 minute ago, twfish said:

I was searching specifically for your comment on this thread lol

:P Still not buying it, until it happens. But lets entertain it hypothetically... Who that might be for besides a QB? Who do we need 5th year option this desperately for? OT? If he sits a year or two, maybe we do need the extra year of contract... 

16 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think he might view certain OTs or WRs as special players that might need to sit behind AC (by maybe playing RT) or spell TY to take over for them permanently in a couple of years.  Maybe even Jonathon Taylor or Swift, two great runners who also can catch.  I don't think Mack has been extended.

If a special player at OT, WR, or RB is there at 31 or higher, I think giving up a pick like 75 or 122 is a no brainer, IMO.

Edit:  Polian thought it worthy of a late first to take both Donald Brown and Joseph Addai.  Taylor, Swift are both way better than either of those.

We don't need to  trade up for a running back. Akers and a few others will be there in the second

28 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Taylor Swift 

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Eagles are rumored to want to move up. We will see.  A player would have to drop for this to even happen. Still wouldn’t be shocked if Dolphins take Love. They have 3 picks.

I have a feeling the fans will revolt or the owner will revolt since they are all in love with Tua.

31 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I could see it. On the other hand, the fifth year option isn’t as valuable for teams in the new cba — especially for teams trading up late to snag a QB. 

It’s now tied to positional value instead of draft slot and fully guaranteed when exercised. The option will now be the same as the transition tag. For QBs in 2020, that was a little over $24 million, only a couple million less than the franchise tag. The value also becomes equal to the franchise tag if a player makes the pro bowl twice in his first three years. 

There are still benefits — teams still get an extra year of control but the monetary difference is pretty small now.

I wonder if they might actually be targeting a tackle. Receiver is deep throughout the draft. But there’s a big drop off from the Josh Jones/Ezra Cleveland/Austin Jackson tier slotted for the late first to the Lucas Niang/Prince Tega Wonogho/Matt Peart group. Moving up a few picks wouldn’t cost much.

29 minutes ago, Stephen said:

We don't need to  trade up for a running back. Akers and a few others will be there in the second

Akers fumbles.  Anything other than Taylor or Swift have limitations, like Mack.  Those two are complete three down RBs that can run, block, or catch on any play, and are fast enough to score.

17 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

My prediction 

We trade up to 22 for Love.

I've mocked that exact trade a few times. It really makes sense and I think the Vikings could use more picks to help infuse some more talent despite their lack of cap room.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Pretty sure Philly is fine with Nate Sudfeld as their backup QB.

This is what I don't understand:

Some of you on this forum are so against trading up in the first place especially for someone like Love but as I proved in the thread (What I would do with 34 and 44) even if the Colts trade up they could still trade back at 44 and gain that draft capital back. 

3 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I can see it now...

The 49ers are on the clock. There is a trade. The Colts now own the 31st pick and they select...

Jalen Hurts- QB- Oklahoma

The forum proceeds to burn down. comedy central GIF by Another Period

I wouldn't be mad cause Ballard is trying to fix the QB of the future. 

I'd be upset if we trade up for anything besides QB. 

Here's my out of left field prediction:

Colts are talking to the Patriots, who don't have a 2nd round pick, and have needs at both QB and WR.  Either they're willing to trade Brissett and #34 to move up to #23 to take Jordan Love.  Or, Colts have a different target in mind at #23, trade both #34 and #44 to get there, and the Patriots draft QB Jacob Eason and a WR like Pittman.

1 minute ago, John Hammonds said:

Here's my out of left field prediction:

Colts are talking to the Patriots, who don't have a 2nd round pick, and have needs at both QB and WR.  Either they're willing to trade Brissett and #34 to move up to #23 to take Jordan Love.  Or, Colts have a different target in mind at #23, trade both #34 and #44 to get there, and the Patriots draft QB Jacob Eason and a WR like Pittman.

I don’t see the Colts trading 34 or 44 regardless of position.   It would be completely un-Ballard-like for him to do that. 

6 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

This is what I don't understand:

Some of you on this forum are so against trading up in the first place especially for someone like Love but as I proved in the thread (What I would do with 34 and 44) even if the Colts trade up they could still trade back at 44 and gain that draft capital back. 

Please don’t write that you “proved” anything.   No one here has. 

Certainly not moving forward.    You can prove things looking back, because then you have facts to deal with.   But moving forward, there are no facts.  You can guess and suppose and speculate.  But with the upcoming draft, there’s no prof yet.  

Thank you. 

Archived