Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adam Schefter Colts making calls to move up from 34

Hopefully Love is gone before we can do anything. This QB class is as about as mediocre as the 2018 class (of which only Jackson has shined and he went toward the end of the 1st). And it's amazing the legends and myths of these guys that grow as a result of these QBs being the only ones to choose from. 

Just ride with with Rivers, improve and fortify other areas of the roster this draft and see what our options are at QB next year.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

If what Reich is looking for in a QB is Jake Fromm then Reich’s days as our head coach are numbered.  I don’t see what everyone sees in Fromm.  All those traits you listed are highly exaggerated & deserve asterisks. Did you see how weak his arm looked at the combine?  I mean clearly the weakest.  What in his numbers makes him the most accurate QB in this draft?  Over Tua & Burrow?  Please.  

I'm sorry you judge accuracy by numbers.  I judged it by watching him throw.  By watching him throw place the ball exactly where the receiver was running and releasing the ball before the wr even started his break.  I watched him do that time and time and time again.  

And nope, I didn't see how weak his arm was at the combine, I saw he didn't have as strong an arm as someone like Eason but when it came to actually measuring the velocity of the ball, he was right there at 53 MPH, right in the average NFL arm.

His best numbers don’t even measure up to Hurts fill in time his last year at Alabama & definitely not his Oklahoma numbers.

I really wanted to like Hurts as a QB, so i watched every game of his 2019 season and he is not a good QB.  

Herbert better than Fromm at just about every thing you listed.

I like Herbert a lot and if I were in the war room and it was between Herbert and Fromm, I'd take Herbert, but none of that takes away from Fromm's attributes.

Also, I think Fromm has regressed since riding on the backs of a star studded team to the championship game.  Since then he’s taken that same talented team & underachieved.  I wonder if it was politics that kept him in the starting job because Fields is clearly the better QB.

This whole paragraph is a joke, he loses 4 WRs, his TE, his RB and his center but it's the same team?  And I'm guessing politics didn't have anything to do with it, but it probably had everything to do with Fromm was the better choice for what the coach wanted to do and Fields did not want to sit for a year.  Either way, Fields is the one that left with his tail between his legs, not Fromm.

5 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I'm sorry you judge accuracy by numbers.  I judged it by watching him throw.  By watching him throw place the ball exactly where the receiver was running and releasing the ball before the wr even started his break.  I watched him do that time and time and time again.  

And nope, I didn't see how weak his arm was at the combine, I saw he didn't have as strong an arm as someone like Eason but when it came to actually measuring the velocity of the ball, he was right there at 53 MPH, right in the average NFL arm.

I really wanted to like Hurts as a QB, so i watched every game of his 2019 season and he is not a good QB.  

I like Herbert a lot and if I were in the war room and it was between Herbert and Fromm, I'd take Herbert, but none of that takes away from Fromm's attributes.

This whole paragraph is a joke, he loses 4 WRs, his TE, his RB and his center but it's the same team?  And I'm guessing politics didn't have anything to do with it, but it probably had everything to do with Fromm was the better choice for what the coach wanted to do and Fields did not want to sit for a year.  Either way, Fields is the one that left with his tail between his legs, not Fromm.

Didn't Burrow leave to join LSU as well when Fields was the starter for Ohio State?

2 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

Didn't Burrow leave to join LSU as well when Fields was the starter for Ohio State?

No, he left because of Haskins won the starting job over him.  Burrow leaving is what opened the door for Fields.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/joe-burrow-transfer-ohio-state-lsu/xcoy7ujus4ko16o049xbbmxij

17 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

You watched him do that time and time time again yet the numbers don't show that this season when he was asked to carry the team.  I just don't think he's the kind of QB that can carry a team on the NFL level.  He seems like a game manager and would make a great backup.  But let me ask you this CD?  Do you think he's a better QB than Chad Kelly?  And if so, what are the attributes that makes him the better QB?  I wanna see if you can sell me on the Colts spending one of our 2nd's or even moving into the late 1st for Fromm.

4 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

You watched him do that time and time time again yet the numbers don't show that this season when he was asked to carry the team.  I just don't think he's the kind of QB that can carry a team on the NFL level.  He seems like a game manager and would make a great backup.  But let me ask you this CD?  Do you think he's a better QB than Chad Kelly?  And if so, what are his attributes that makes him a better QB than Kelly?  I wanna see if you can sell me on the Colts spending one of our 2nd's or even moving into the late 1st for Fromm.

I do think he's better than Kelly.  But I'm not really going to waste time trying to "sell you" anything, it's obvious you are not buying because you have already made your decision.

But I will say, I don't know how you can say he didn't carry the team, they lost a close one to SC that they probably should have won and they lost to LSU.  And that was with a very poor receiving corps and a weak interior oline.

No.  I actually hadn't.  I know Kelly played in the SEC and also beat Alabama.  Just wanted to see if Fromm is worth a late 1st or 2nd round pick (especially with us having Rivers) to the Colts right now.  Us being an indoor team could be very beneficial to him.  He'll get 8 games in great conditions.  10 if you throw in Jax & Hou...  But is he "that" special to draft that high?

1 minute ago, boo2202 said:

Makes no sense. Hope this is not true.

Saw this on Twitter. They said he is arill

following the colts on Instagram and all of the players on the team. This this is just smoke. Also the local guys have confirmed teams have called the colts about his availability, not that the colts have called teams about trading him. 

11 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I do think he's better than Kelly.  But I'm not really going to waste time trying to "sell you" anything, it's obvious you are not buying because you have already made your decision.

Maybe he could be in play to the Saints as well.  They get like 11 warm/controlled weather games.  He could sit behind Brees for a year and pick up some tips from Drew who would probably be happy to groom him...  Maybe Fromm could have some potential to the right team and right and environment...  Colts & Saints are both in win now mode.  They'd have to really be sure on him to take him that high like KC was with Mahomes.

5 hours ago, Pelt said:

Hopefully Love is gone before we can do anything. This QB class is as about as mediocre as the 2018 class (of which only Jackson has shined and he went toward the end of the 1st). And it's amazing the legends and myths of these guys that grow as a result of these QBs being the only ones to choose from. 

Just ride with with Rivers, improve and fortify other areas of the roster this draft and see what our options are at QB next year.

You got your wish

53 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

No Love for us. 

No luck either and a big ? For 2021

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

So close there for Love @Chloe6124

I hear you but I wonder if Love was on the Colts radar. If they thought he was a great prospect , then shame on CB for not moving up to 22 to take him. With NE and NO at 23 and 24 , if you love Love , you gotta make that move.

Just reading that Rapport claims the Colts wanted Love. So I guess if true Ballard screwed up good.

8 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I hear you but I wonder if Love was on the Colts radar. If they thought he was a great prospect , then shame on CB for not moving up to 22 to take him. With NE and NO at 23 and 24 , if you love Love , you gotta make that move.

Just reading that Rapport claims the Colts wanted Love. So I guess if true Ballard screwed up good.

Moot point now

Archived