Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could Burton signal a trade of Jacoby with

Riversrun

41 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Only good wishes from me.

I would like Jacoby to be traded, but I doubt that Patriots would be a trade partner.

I think the Pats would be a likely trade partner, as Jacoby has already played in that system and is familiar with McDaniels and Belichek.  I just don't think they'd give up their first rounder, though.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why does signing Burton signal a trade of Jacoby to the Patriots?

How are they connected?

I am not sure.  My guess is the OP is thinking we filled a need with Burton at TE and could maybe trade up to get the Pats' first rounder and select a QB and give up Jacoby and one of our 2nds?  Doesn't really make much sense to me.

Good things about Burton:  (1) He's familiar with Reich, (2) He had 54 receptions in 2018... bad things about Burton: (1) He was hurt the majority of last year, and prior to 2018, he'd never done much in this league.  I hope if a solid TE falls to us (not necessarily round 2 picks, but potentially round 3-4), that we don't give up the opportunity because we put all our eggs in the Burton Basket.

2 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

I think the Pats would be a likely trade partner, as Jacoby has already played in that system and is familiar with McDaniels and Belichek.  I just don't think they'd give up their first rounder, though.

Oh.  I was looking at it from the stand point of OP saying the Pats would give up a pick of value.  I could see them giving up a 4th or lower if they want to give JB another shot as a backup.

4 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Some fans want Jacoby gone so bad they are willing to take any move made as a sign that he will be traded.  Lol.   Smh. I don’t understand it.  I like having him as a very reliable and capable back up.  We could do much worse.  

I heard one theory that teams need even more reliable backups this year because of the virus. Never know when it hits, and takes out your starter for at least 2 weeks.  IF there Is a Season...

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I have no idea how you got that from signing a tight end.

I think he meant because Colts have been signing guys familiar with Reich, and he jumped to Belichick is familiar with JB.  Well, BB already signed Hoyer for far less. I can't see Anyone trading for JB with his salary. Winston and Newton are better, and probably the same price with no trade required. And, Stidham might just be better?

8 hours ago, ThinBlueLineColts said:

I’m confused how Burton connects us to sending Jacoby to the Pats. And no way is Jacoby fetching us a first. 

With his contract, we may have to include a pick just to move him.   

Archived