Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dane Brugler's full 7-round mock draft

https://theathletic.com/1736730/2020/04/13/2020-mock-draft-5-0-all-seven-rounds-and-255-picks/

This is quite an undertaking. Giving all teams 7-round mock. I will post just the Colts picks here:

34. Indianapolis Colts (from WAS) – Jordan Love, QB, Utah State
There is a good chance a team trades into the first round to draft Love, but that could be the Colts or he could fall to them in the second round, giving the organization a quarterback succession plan for the future.

44. Indianapolis Colts – Michael Pittman, WR, USC
Of all the picks in this mock draft, this might be my favorite fit. The Colts are looking for players with high football character and Pittman also fits the mold of the power forward receiver who can outrebound the football downfield.

75. Indianapolis Colts – Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton

122. Indianapolis Colts – Brandon Jones, DS, Texas

160. Indianapolis Colts – Jason Strowbridge, DL, North Carolina

193. Indianapolis Colts – DeeJay Dallas, RB, Miami (Fla.)

197. Indianapolis Colts (from MIA) – Brian Cole, DB, Mississippi State

I love this mock. Especially the first 3 picks. 

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I like the first three picks but no oline is not happening.

I agree. OT is going to happen. I can see the Colts grabbing a jack of all trades free agent like Mike Person after the draft to help with IOL depth. But a young OT in a draft rich with them seems almost a given. Ballard got lucky when Castonzo came back; that won't happen next time (and that could be just one year from now). I  can't see him leaving the team exposed like that again.

42 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

All I can say if we don’t get the future QB or future LT having to get both of them in 2021 will put us behind the eight ball. We need to address at least one of them this draft.

You’re dead right about that. Hopefully they grab a really good OT that slides at 34 and a QB to develop in the mid rounds. If that’s the case our current QB and LT need to give us TWO more years of good play.

8 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

I don't know why everyone is high on Pittman. It must be something that I am not seeing with him. 

Great hands, huge red zone target and one of the best blocking WRs in the class. I like Pittman. 

Those the first 3 picks are perfect. The rest I don't care for at all. I was looking into Deejay Dallas the other day and he's intriguing, but I don't think he'd be an upgrade over any of our current RB's.

1 hour ago, DownHillRunner said:

I don't know why everyone is high on Pittman. It must be something that I am not seeing with him. 

I hadn't looked too much into him and wasn't liking much of what I was reading, mainly because he seemed like contested catch/redzone WR only. After watching his film, I think he can do that and then some.

Pittman is extremely dependable and runs great routes

He dropped only 5 out of 176 passes in his college career

Ebron could drop THREE in a game! ( He was the drive killer)

He also blocks......

Sign me up for Pittman at 44

Based on available players in his mock, I would do this with rounds 4-7:

122. Logan Stenberg, OG, Kentucky  -  Nasty OG that would provide at least depth, if not push Glow to start at RG.

160. Alex Taylor, OT, South Carolina State  -  High upside OT that will most likely need a couple of years to develop, but could be LT of the future.

193. Broderick Washington, DT, Texas Tech  -  Checks all of the intangibles CB looks for. Lacking a bit physically, but makes up for it with high football IQ, strong technical skill, and a fierce motor.

197. Lamar Jackson, CB, Nebraska - Prototypical Ballard CB with solid upside.

38 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

....and no corner till 197? Both would surprise me. 

Brian Cole is a safety/linebacker hybrid and in no way a CB. With this mock, we ended up with 2 box safeties that struggle in coverage.

2 hours ago, Shive said:

122. Logan Stenberg, OG, Kentucky  -  Nasty OG that would provide at least depth, if not push Glow to start at RG.

160. Alex Taylor, OT, South Carolina State  -  High upside OT that will most likely need a couple of years to develop, but could be LT of the future.

193. Broderick Washington, DT, Texas Tech  -  Checks all of the intangibles CB looks for. Lacking a bit physically, but makes up for it with high football IQ, strong technical skill, and a fierce motor.

197. Lamar Jackson, CB, Nebraska - Prototypical Ballard CB with solid upside.

This would be phenomenal back half of that draft!

Love will be a top 10-15 pick at the latest. We'd have a better shot with Hubert at #34, and that won't happen. That being said, at #34 some great talent will fall, if it's not at a position of need we could trade down and get another 2nd round for next year with an additional 4th for this year.

2 hours ago, ColtJax said:

Love will be a top 10-15 pick at the latest. We'd have a better shot with Hubert at #34, and that won't happen. That being said, at #34 some great talent will fall, if it's not at a position of need we could trade down and get another 2nd round for next year with an additional 4th for this year.

Herbert is going top 10 easily, potentially before Tua. Love could go top 10 or 2nd round.

15 hours ago, Shive said:

Brian Cole is a safety/linebacker hybrid and in no way a CB. With this mock, we ended up with 2 box safeties that struggle in coverage.

Jones is a short DB with short arms who lacks ball skills and struggles in pass coverage...no way the Colts pick him.

I could potentially see a bigger, longer S type being taken on Day 3 though...or possibly even earlier if the value is there...like Cole or maybe even Chinn if he slips a bit.

Edit: I was originally confusing Cole with Brandon Jones. Changed it.

Getting Love at #34 makes any draft haul potentially a very successful one.

However...after the Love pick...I really don't like this mock. Pittman seems like a solid WR...but doesn't really excite me the way others do. 

After that...Trautman is a big slow TE...Jones doesn't fit the defense (short with short arms, poor in pass coverage)...and Strowbridge seems like yet another tweener with meh athleticism. That would be a very disappointing middle of the draft...a handful of players without much potential IMO.

I do like the later picks though.

19 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Pittman is extremely dependable and runs great routes

He dropped only 5 out of 176 passes in his college career

Ebron could drop THREE in a game! ( He was the drive killer)

He also blocks......

Sign me up for Pittman at 44

Yeah Pittman is a complete receiver I feel. His speed for his size was also really impressive. I think he’ll be able to be used in a variety of ways and beat press coverage consistently. He put on a show against Utah who has 3 draftable DB’s headlines by potential 1st round pick Jaylon Johnson.

Archived