Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If we finish 8-8 about where would we pick

Stephen

We go 7-9 and end up with #13 or #14. 

It's not great nor bad, but we won't have the chance for any of the top tier QB´s unless we make a huge trade up for it.

I honestly don't know what CB is thinking regarding the draft and what he thinks we need, and the upcoming draft is one of the thinest in the last 10 years regarding top talent.

So unless we trade or CB does something he never does in free agency, then this will be one hell of a long off season.   

• Like 1

I actually think that they are fully committed to Brissett for another year. I do NOT think Ballard will draft a QB, so drafting between 10-20 wouldn't affect Ballard's strategy too much.

Instead, he may draft a first round O-Lineman or D-Lineman and look to FA for a better backup to Hoyer.

Just my thoughts. I don't see Ballard straying away from his M.O.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

That's the problem, CB is letting his ego getting away on the progress and success of this team. Draft a QB pronto!!

I think it's funny that you can diagnose what "the problem" is based on the assumption of someone else who is speculating what CB and the Colts may or may not do 5 months from now.

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

so drafting between 10-20 wouldn't affect Ballard's strategy too much.

we could get a QB there or trade up.  we probably wont be picking 20 but colts are favored this week.

the spread will probably be close for the last game in Jacksonville i bet we end up picking around 15

1 hour ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Add Okereke in to sweeten the pot.

What?  It’s hard to tell online when people are being serious or joking.   I’d love the Bengals to do this trade but unfortunately they have a management team that knows who Okereke and Hooker are and the value of the number one pick vs a pick in the teens.

Can anybody imagine what this call would look like if Ballard made it?  The call might be professional, but after disconnecting, Bengals would have to assume Ballard had absolutely no respect for them to offer such a laughably bad offer thinking they would take it.  

If you’re being serious, I hate to be the one to rain on your parade, but the offer is awful and if somehow the Bengals management team fielded such a call after mixing quaaludes and alcohol and accepted, they’d immediately be fired.  Ballard would probably be accused of drugging them or possible blackmail.  In other words, such a trade would never happen.  Ever.  I mean ever.  If there were other dimensions with endless possibilities and alternate timelines, none would have this trade occurring.  Your only hope of experiencing this trade is to hope recall technology comes around, you buy a memory implant, and hope it doesn’t result in you being lobotomized back on earth while in your mind you are partying with Chris Ballard as his bosom buddy.

(Forum go watch Total Recall with Arnold Schwarzenegger now if you haven’t.  Great movie!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

That's the problem, CB is letting his ego getting away on the progress and success of this team. Draft a QB pronto!!

Gotta have one worth drafting. And to be frank, I’m not impressed much by any of the QBs coming out. It’s a fairly weak QB class

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nate! said:

What?  It’s hard to tell online when people are being serious or joking.   I’d love the Bengals to do this trade but unfortunately they have a management team that knows who Okereke and Hooker are and the value of the number one pick vs a pick in the teens.

Can anybody imagine what this call would look like if Ballard made it?  The call might be professional, but after disconnecting, Bengals would have to assume Ballard had absolutely no respect for them to offer such a laughably bad offer thinking they would take it.  

If you’re being serious, I hate to be the one to rain on your parade, but the offer is awful and if somehow the Bengals management team fielded such a call after mixing quaaludes and alcohol and accepted, they’d immediately be fired.  Ballard would probably be accused of drugging them or possible blackmail.  In other words, such a trade would never happen.  Ever.  I mean ever.  If there were other dimensions with endless possibilities and alternate timelines, none would have this trade occurring.  Your only hope of experiencing this trade is to hope recall technology comes around, you buy a memory implant, and hope it doesn’t result in you being lobotomized back on earth while in your mind you are partying with Chris Ballard as his bosom buddy.

(Forum go watch Total Recall with Arnold Schwarzenegger now if you haven’t.  Great movie!)

You act like GM's are all intelligent. They aren't. Ryan Grigson traded a first round pick for Trent Richard. By far a worse trade offer.

7 hours ago, csmopar said:

Gotta have one worth drafting. And to be frank, I’m not impressed much by any of the QBs coming out. It’s a fairly weak QB class

Thank you!!!  We all know who the first QB that would be taken and the others, for me are not worth trading up for.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

Chris Ballard has done a solid job of developing this team from an old underperforming team to a young team with some genuine, bright talents early in their career. Prior to his first draft everyone was like, give it 3 years or so for this team to finally shape up, and now we are. But then we had something happen we couldn't prepare for, Luck retired. And now that forces us to adjust our long term expectations once again. We can't expect immediate results in the QB position. Giving Brissett more time and weapons while we dig deep for our QB of the future seems like a solid plan for a 7-9 or 8-8 team. None of the QBs in this draft make me look at them and have me thinking they'll be an upgrade over Brissett. Save maybe Burrow, but we aren't getting him. Perhaps there's someone we can develop and that's why I think us drafting a QB somewhere in the draft does seem pretty likely, but you see teams miss on QBs about as much or more than they hit on them, so while we're still a solid team (heck we're better than 8‐8 if we're healthy, imo), let's continue to improve the positions we know we can improve and need improved regardless. I for one am happy we have the liberty with Brissett to still win games and improve while we find our guy. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, csmopar said:

Joe B is the real deal.  Tua is great but hardly durable.  After that, I agree. The rest are second rounders that will be drafted too high.  If someone can point to a game where Herbert played decent competition and looked like a sure thing, let me know. 

We need DTs more than anything.  (I mean after QB, but it’s not like a great one will be available when we draft).