Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have faced 4th easiest schedule in the NFL this year

zibby43

Next year is going to be a difficult schedule, IMO. Both AFC North and NFC North have plenty of play makers to give us fits.

AFC North with Ravens, Steelers, Browns and Bengals

NFC North with Packers, Vikings, Bears and Lions

By finishing 3rd in the AFC South, we will get the Jets and Broncos, as those divisions stand right now. Then, of course, there is our division.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

We'll either play the NFC north next season or the NFC west which won't be easy at all

It’s a definite rotation, same NFC division every 4 years, and same AFC division every 3 years. It’s the AFC and NFC North for us next year.

On 12/10/2019 at 4:55 PM, Ratking said:

Looking like the next few years are gonna be rough as a Colts fan.

I wonder if the NFL tries to give the Colts a soft ball pitch schedule next year to help them get a few wins and stay relevant in their market. 

ap_090911089838_sq-3271237f28995f6530d9634ff27228cae88e3440-s800-c85.jpg

I don't think there is much flexibility in the NFL schedules.   Obviously you play 6 games against your division opponents.  Then you play 4 games against an AFC division and 4 games against an NFL division.  That leave 2 games which I believe are against teams that finished in the same spot in their division the previous season.   Colts will probably face 2 teams the finish 3rd in their division this season.  These come from the same conference.   The Colts play the AFC North, so it will be the 3rd place teams in the AFC East and West.   Probably the Jets and the Raiders.  

So the Colts have:

Jax

Jax

Ten

Ten

Houston

Houston

Pit

Clev

Balt

Cincy

Chicago

Green Bay

Min

Detroit

Jets

Raiders

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

I don't think there is much flexibility in the NFL schedules.   Obviously you play 6 games against your division opponents.  Then you play 4 games against an AFC division and 4 games against an NFL division.  That leave 2 games which I believe are against teams that finished in the same spot in their division the previous season.   Colts will probably face 2 teams the finish 3rd in their division this season.  These come from the same conference.   The Colts play the AFC North, so it will be the 3rd place teams in the AFC East and West.   Probably the Jets and the Raiders.  

So the Colts have:

Jax

Jax

Ten

Ten

Houston

Houston

Pit

Clev

Balt

Cincy

Chicago

Green Bay

Min

Detroit

Jets

Raisers

Looks like we are going to be in the run for Trevor Lawrence in 2021

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Introspect said:

Looks like we are going to be in the run for Trevor Lawrence in 2021

At first glance, going through that schedule has me thinking 8-8.   Granted we don't know home and road games yet.  I had us splitting the division games.   Beating Jets, Bears, Bengals, Lions and Browns.

Every year according to some we always have the easiest schedule. That is why we we only win according to some. lmao :funny:. Before the season started 99% of people said we had a brutal schedule. Teams play 16 games so who gives a rats behind what their schedule is like. Every team in the league usually only has 3 or 4 games that stand out as tough, that has been reality for the 40 years I have been watching. This season, Pats have had 4 tough games = Baltimore, Houston, KC, and Buffalo. Guess what, they lost 3 of them. The rest of the teams they have played have been pip squeaks lmao .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Every year according to some we always have the easiest schedule. That is why we we only win according to some. lmao :funny:. Before the season started 99% of people said we had a brutal schedule. Teams play 16 games so who gives a rats behind what their schedule is like. Every team in the league usually only has 3 or 4 games that stand out as tough, that has been reality for the 40 years I have been watching. This season, Pats have had 4 tough games = Baltimore, Houston, KC, and Buffalo. Guess what, they lost 3 of them. The rest of the teams they have played have been pip squeaks lmao .

It is what it is.  However, it can be tougher or easier depending on the rotation.  I would prefer the Colts had the NFC East and the AFC East next year, but oh well.  New England had it easy with 2 games each year against the Dolphins, Bills and Jets.  No doubt that helped them win the division and get home field advantage most seasons.  

57 minutes ago, Myles said:

It is what it is.  However, it can be tougher or easier depending on the rotation.  I would prefer the Colts had the NFC East and the AFC East next year, but oh well.  New England had it easy with 2 games each year against the Dolphins, Bills and Jets.  No doubt that helped them win the division and get home field advantage most seasons.  

Imagine if we played the AFC North and NFC West along with the Pats and Chiefs :hairout: glad we don’t for awhile.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Beating Jets, Bears, Bengals, Lions and Browns.

Sadly, knowing only what we know now  ... we have JB, the Bengals will likely have Burrow, Lions will have Stafford back .... I wouldn't feel confident about any of those games. 

• Thanks 1

To me, there is no more toothless ranking than strength of schedule. Every team in the NFL, can beat any other team on any given game day, regardless of ranking. Of course there are averages and tendencies, but every year, the strength of schedule rankings turn out to be bogus according what what happens in reality. 

20 hours ago, runthepost said:

People don’t have faith in JB. I don’t blame them.

Yes, but if you have watched this team since it moved from Baltimore, it would show that only 2 qbs in over 30 years, gave fans a sense of confidence. Even Harbaugh and Luck had their doubters, so JB not getting faith is a far more common occurrence in the league. 

22 hours ago, runthepost said:

People don’t have faith in JB. I don’t blame them.

Don't you find it odd that some people have a ton of faith in a rookie QB though and not JB who has only played in 11 full games under Reich. A rookie QB that is a crapshoot scares me more to be honest. I think some are just to the point where they can't stand JB being the starter that they would prefer anyone but him. I am keeping an open mind about JB and hopeful if we draft a QB that he turns out good.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Don't you find it odd that some people have a ton of faith in a rookie QB though and not JB who has only played in 11 full games under Reich. A rookie QB that is a crapshoot scares me more to be honest. I think some are just to the point where they can't stand JB being the starter that they would prefer anyone but him. I am keeping an open mind about JB and hopeful if we draft a QB that he turns out good.

A rookie QB gives the illusion of hope. JB does not anymore. I can be sold on a rookie QB next year because he's a different person with different potential and a different skillset. You can't sell me on Brissett anymore.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

A rookie QB gives the illusion of hope. JB does not anymore. I can be sold on a rookie QB next year because he's a different person with different potential and a different skillset. You can't sell me on Brissett.

Thing of it is, I am not sold on any rookie either. They have to show me a huge sample size before I buy into that. 

On 12/10/2019 at 4:55 PM, Ratking said:

I wonder if the NFL tries to give the Colts a soft ball pitch schedule next year to help them get a few wins and stay relevant in their market.

The schedules are determined by a formula so there is no way the NFL could "give the Colts a soft ball [sic] pitch schedule next year to help them get a few wins and stay relevant in their market."

On 12/13/2019 at 5:33 PM, Myles said:

At first glance, going through that schedule has me thinking 8-8.   Granted we don't know home and road games yet.  I had us splitting the division games.   Beating Jets, Bears, Bengals, Lions and Browns.

We typically  beat packers 

On 12/10/2019 at 2:06 PM, chad72 said:

Next year is going to be a difficult schedule, IMO. Both AFC North and NFC North have plenty of play makers to give us fits.

AFC North with Ravens, Steelers, Browns and Bengals

NFC North with Packers, Vikings, Bears and Lions

By finishing 3rd in the AFC South, we will get the Jets and Broncos, as those divisions stand right now. Then, of course, there is our division.

im just hoping next year is the developmental year for the young qb we draft in rd 2 or 3