Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby health update

GoColts8818

2 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

If they are holding out TY for as long as they are, and held back Hooker to "just be sure" then I'm guessing they'll do the same with Jacoby. 

Regardless, I think Kelly gets elevated to active roster. Like people have said, take Cain's spot...he has shown nothing. 

I think the fourth running back goes before Cain.  Not that I disagree with you about Cain’s lack of production.

56 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think the fourth running back goes before Cain.  Not that I disagree with you about Cain’s lack of production.

I've said this quite a few times, but I would like to see Hines lined up at WR a few times. 

He's a way better option than Cain at this point. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

That’s much better than what I think we all feared when it happened.  Hopefully it’s minor and he’s back out there Sunday.  Jacoby is one tough cookie so if he can I think he will play.  

Not all, at least not I. Since I only had the NFL Gamepass Listen feature (no video), I had Dr. Chao twitter online . He saw the play and wrote the worry was an MCL injury; during the game. Unknowns were how severe and if there was any bone bruising involved.

1 hour ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Well, the fact that he was still the backup QB is not really very telling.  He was listed as "Doubtful" after his injury, I believe?  There was no one else that would be our QB.  Patty Mac is no longer on the roster, lol.

He was listed in game as questionable to return.

1 hour ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

As to the last sentence, brings my dumb question of the day: What is the latest we can sign CK to the 53 before this coming Sunday?

I believe he can sign a team NFL contract immediately after another player from the 53 man roster is waived.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

It does tell you a lot. If had had been super serious he would not of stayed questionable. Reich said it would take something rare to put him back in. Which means hopefully it’s not super serious. Otherwise he would of been ruled out.

The MRI will give many answers as to the severity and if there are ancillary issues involved ( bone bruise, etc...)

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

i think you can bring CK up anytime. Even as late as Friday or Saturday.

May be true, but...how much reps/film study/weekly game plan do taxi squad guys get since they normally can't play?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Not all, at least not I. Since I only had the NFL Gamepass Listen feature (no video), I had Dr. Chao twitter online . He saw the play and wrote the worry was an MCL injury; during the game. Unknowns were how severe and if there was any bone bruising involved.

He was listed in game as questionable to return.

I believe he can sign a team NFL contract immediately after another player from the 53 man roster is waived.

The MRI will give many answers as to the severity and if there are ancillary issues involved ( bone bruise, etc...)

May be true, but...how much reps/film study/weekly game plan do taxi squad guys get since they normally can't play?

He is already at practice every day. Hoyer would take all the snaps if JB can’t go. Houer had no snaps with any of those guys he had to go play with. They typically run the scout teams. Kelly should already be looking at film tape.

Looking at it somewhat objectively, Hoyer played better in the Pittsburgh game than JB has done in any game this year except the Houston game.

The thing Hoyer lacks, IMO, is pocket awareness, which is a needed trait for a QB.  A couple of those sacks probably would not have been sacks with JB.

That being said, looking at bits and pieces.  I don't think JB makes the throw to Pascal that drew the pass interference that put the Colts in a position to win with a FG.  I also don't think JB makes the throw to Pascal for the TD.

Both JB and Hoyer have their good points and bad points but in the end I think both give the Colts about the same chance to win a game.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Looking at it somewhat objectively, Hoyer played better in the Pittsburgh game than JB has done in any game this year except the Houston game.

The thing Hoyer lacks, IMO, is pocket awareness, which is a needed trait for a QB.  A couple of those sacks probably would not have been sacks with JB.

That being said, looking at bits and pieces.  I don't think JB makes the throw to Pascal that drew the pass interference that put the Colts in a position to win with a FG.  I also don't think JB makes the throw to Pascal for the TD.

Both JB and Hoyer have their good points and bad points but in the end I think both give the Colts about the same chance to win a game.

But JB might of found a different way to score that TD. You really can’t minimize how important it to get the team in the right protections. Some of those protection breakdowns might not of even happened if JB had been in.

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Good news

Good that it's not ACL. Still MCL strain is no joke. In other sports or other positions that rely on more movement and sharp changes of direction it would sideline him for several weeks. I wonder what our medical and training staff will decide. 

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

Good that it's not ACL. Still MCL strain is no joke. In other sports or other positions that rely on more movement and sharp changes of direction it would sideline him for several weeks. I wonder what our medical and training staff will decide. 

Hopefully it’s not a bad strain. My guess is when Kenny Moore missed his game he had the same thing.   Aaron Rodgers played several weeks with one. I think it will depend on how much better it gets before Sunday will determine if he plays. Good thing this is Miami and not a division game.

3 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Any word on Kelly and Campbell ?

Reich should be having a phone conference here soon. The good thing with Kelly is those injuries usually aren’t to serious.

46 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

But JB might of found a different way to score that TD. You really can’t minimize how important it to get the team in the right protections. Some of those protection breakdowns might not of even happened if JB had been in.

That is why I stated... looking at it in bits and pieces.

Some of the protection break downs may not have happened... other may have happened.  They may not have happened if R. Kelly was in the game.  Jacoby has not really shown to be a master at reading the defense presnap and he has shown very little at identifying where the blitzes will be coming from.

1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

That is why I stated... looking at it in bits and pieces.

Some of the protection break downs may not have happened... other may have happened.  They may not have happened if R. Kelly was in the game.  Jacoby has not really shown to be a master at reading the defense presnap and he has shown very little at identifying where the blitzes will be coming from.

Good lord,   who knows what would have happened if R. Kelly was in the game.    

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I was afraid to look earlier but it looks like he may be able to play Sunday. Usually when we have key guys go down, we lose them for a while. We can probably beat Miami with Hoyer anyway so if JB isn't 100% on Sunday I wouldn't rush him back. If we win Sunday and we should, that will put us at 6-3 which is still in a good spot to be in. We would be tied for 1st in the AFC South with the Texans, actually as of now we have the tiebreaker as well.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was afraid to look earlier but it looks like he may be able to play Sunday. Usually when we have key guys go down, we lose them for a while. We can probably beat Miami with Hoyer anyway so if JB isn't 100% on Sunday I wouldn't rush him back. If we win Sunday and we should, that will put us at 6-3 which is still in a good spot to be in. We would be tied for 1st in the AFC South with the Texans, actually as of now we have the tiebreaker as well.

Technically we would be in the lead since we have the better division record than houston

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Miami lost one of their top WR yesterday. Then today had a RB suspended for drug policy. That after they dealt Drake. Plus they lost Howard the week before. They do some things on defense we have to watch out for.

I want to say this Miami game is a shoe in but I sort of felt that way about the Giants game last year.  We haven't crushed anybodies throat this year and just totally put them away so it's hard for me to say with complete confidence that we are going to do that to Miami.  I'm hoping we will but you just never know with this bunch.  I think the D has improved quite a bit so I'm hoping we can just get ahead a few scores early and let the D close them out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Anyone that watched the broadcast Sunday hear how BigQ went into the medical tent to check on JB. I bet he felt awful about what happened and beat himself up.

Luckily the injury doesn't appear that bad, JB may even play on Sunday. Had that ended JB's season that would've just ruined what has been a very fun season. I was thinking the worst today when I woke up.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Luckily the injury doesn't appear that bad, JB may even play on Sunday. Had that ended JB's season that would've just ruined what has been a very fun season. I was thinking the worst today when I woke up.

The fact he was stayed  questionable and could of went in if hoyer got hurt it was pretty clear it wasn’t the worst like a ACL tear. Luckily it seems like a mild strain.

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Some of the protection break downs may not have happened... other may have happened.  They may not have happened if R. Kelly was in the game.  

I disagree.... He would have * them all away.  Not really sure it would work, even if his plan would have been to come in so fired up the Steelers would pee down their collective legs.....

24 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Ugh...another Paris injury.  Ballard’s WR draft picks not looking so hot thus far.  

I mean.... Campbell hurt again, Fountain out for year, and Cain has had a dozen passes even targeting him all year...  So for me, jury is still out.... Now, his fa wrs for sure haven't planned out, outside of Pascal kind of