Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update on Fountain

CR91

27 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Cain could be on the roster bubble next season.

17 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

If Cain doesn't step it up I don't think he is on this team next year he looks more and more like a bust every week to me don't know about any of you but to me bust.

I dont know about this. He is essentially a rookie WR and it usually takes until their 3rd season to break out...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Cain needs to improve his route running, but JB has thrown some bad passes his way, and has totally missed him several times when open. Given Cain is running more deep routes than anyone, and JB's average air yards are among the worst in the league, his lack of production shouldn't surprise many.

JB did say that deep balls are coming. Given Cain is the deep route guy, one has to believe that Reich is trying to work with JB to increase is average air yards, and likely push it down field more. 

I get that a lot of folks are still high over JBs break out game, but he still has areas that need improvement. TTT, air yards, stare downs, progression, etc.. It's going to get a lot tougher throwing vs Denver. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

he still has areas that need improvement. TTT, air yards, stare downs, progression, etc.. 

19 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Don't forget the lack of touch on his passes.

But I guess that would be included in "etc.." 

Too many flaws to list them all! 

He's not the perfect, mistake-free QB yet, ........

......but I'm sure you will let us know when he gets there!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

If Cain doesn't step it up I don't think he is on this team next year he looks more and more like a bust every week to me don't know about any of you but to me bust.

he tore his acl last year not every one heals in one year fully and has the same speed.   he looks slower this year may take some time .   he is gonna get better

58 minutes ago, egg said:

Don't forget the lack of touch on his passes.

But I guess that would be included in "etc.." 

Too many flaws to list them all! 

He's not the perfect, mistake-free QB yet, ........

......but I'm sure you will let us know when he gets there!

I thought his touch was the most improved part of his game last week. :goodluck:

• Like 3

18 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He was drafted in the 6th round.  A 6th round pick can not bust.  

18 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

Wow... that Fountain injury looked gruesome.   I was expecting him to be doing some sort of exercises in a pool or something before I watched that video.  Maybe I'm wrong, but seems like he's healing quickly.

My thoughts exactly. Those aren't baby steps to me! 

Unless he's just not practicing right in a fashion similar to Quincy Wilson or doesn't have the mental aspect of things down, then I don't know where these supposed trust issues are coming from?  I think they should get him involved in the game early on some easy catch and run type routes to gain some confidence.  I think that would get the light to come on a bit.  I'm expecting to see something from Cain.  He's got the talent to produce.  I ain't buying what you're selling on Cain. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

Unless he's just not practicing right in a fashion similar to Quincy Wilson or doesn't have the mental aspect of things down, then I don't know where these supposed trust issues are coming from?  I think they should get him involved in the game early on some easy catch and run type routes to gain some confidence.  I think that would get the light to come on a bit.  I'm expecting to see something from Cain.  He's got the talent to produce.  I ain't buying what you're selling on Cain. 

Cain is the secret weapon for late in the season. Get DF back on the field and the team now has all their film of Cain running his routes so they know that he can do it in practice and in games against other teams. Idk, I’m just spitballing and joking here but It sure would be nice to see them get him some simple crossing patterns and easier timing hits where he knows, 5 steps, juke right turn left and get to the inside hash mark in 8 steps or something. Let TY take the double team in a zone that would vacate a space for Cain to be successful with an uncontested catch because we know if anyone is getting doubled or triple teamed or bracketed, it’s not gonna be Cain. 

wouldn’t it be great if we had a coaches sheet that provided truthful info on Wednesday after games. Let’s say, a missed assignments sheet per say for offensive lineman and defensive guys. Wrong routes run for the receivers or something like that. Wrong reads or missed throws by the QB. I’m sure they chart it inside and I guess they wouldn’t have to divulge which plays they were on but it would be great for joe fan to know that the QB had 8 misthrows or missed reads and wr 3 had no incorrect routes etc... We may think we know it was the WR who should have went on a certain route but truly only the team knows what that specific plan was. They won’t do that I understand because it would show up guys but it would be something useful for us to speak to and analyze. Of course then we would have to agree on which of the 60 snaps on offense was being labeled lol. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He hasn't even had a catch in 5 of the past 6 games and he has been targeted with exception to this past game.

Targeted with guys draped all over him enough to warrant PI flags?  That's what you call targeted?

8 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

He also made his progressions better than weeks prior. 

I thought it was a mixed bag but I didn't see any egregious stare downs of 1st reads. 

He's getting better but it'll take time. Like I said earlier, he needs to put on a similar showing vs a good pass defense. He doesn't need to put up 300 yards, just efficient and balanced. 

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I thought it was a mixed bag but I didn't see any egregious stare downs of 1st reads. 

He's getting better but it'll take time. Like I said earlier, he needs to put on a similar showing vs a good pass defense. He doesn't need to put up 300 yards, just efficient and balanced. 

I expect the run game to counter a good pass defense. Situational game planning is more important to me than Brissett doing well vs a good pass defense. Most teams dont have both a great pass and great run D. So overall im not real worried. Effeciency and balance is more natural for brissett so im not sure what exactly youre asking for.

19 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I expect the run game to counter a good pass defense. Situational game planning is more important to me than Brissett doing well vs a good pass defense. Most teams dont have both a great pass and great run D. So overall im not real worried. Effeciency and balance is more natural for brissett so im not sure what exactly youre asking for.

I absolutely want to run it down their throats on Sunday, but I also want to see JB do more than just hand it off while the D sells out for the run. He doesn't need to throw for 300 to get a decent QBR. No bad throws, not fumbles, no INTs, and some good plays to pick up 1st downs and also enough to keep the D somewhat honest. 

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I absolutely want to run it down their throats on Sunday, but I also want to see JB do more than just hand it off while the D sells out for the run. He doesn't need to throw for 300 to get a decent QBR. No bad throws, not fumbles, no INTs, and some good plays to pick up 1st downs and also enough to keep the D somewhat honest. 

Yeah I've been quite pleased with JB so far this season. I love watching him throw the ball away. He has already thrown it away as many times as Andrew did in his entire career. I guess QBs will always be compared to the previous guy. And it cant be helped. 

I'm fine with him throwing for less than 300 yards on most sundays as long as they keep winning as a team that's all I care about. 

11 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Yeah I've been quite pleased with JB so far this season. I love watching him throw the ball away. He has already thrown it away as many times as Andrew did in his entire career. I guess QBs will always be compared to the previous guy. And it cant be helped. 

I'm fine with him throwing for less than 300 yards on most sundays as long as they keep winning as a team that's all I care about. 

I've been pleased with Houston, ATL, and LAC games, but the others were less than good. Houston was definitely the crown jewel. I don't mind throw aways at all if he's under pressure and has no open receivers. 

I liked Luck, but he wasn't perfect. He did however have a polished set of skills and was gifted in several areas. I've always been a Manning guy so the ghost of Luck aren't always in my head when looking at JB's performances. The most important thing is wins, but I do want to see JB continue to improve in a few areas. 

cain should be fine if Jb ever looked at him he’d game the numbers watch the film for those who always comment on Cain he’s been trying..look at the chances ebron got while dropping passes just wait for him to get a chance and if he can’t run the routes and drops passes then yes we can comment as of now he’s not being utilized