Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So Now Some Colts Fan Hate Pm?

Mexicolt

Original poster said:

"...and anybody who boos PM is not a Colts fan either"

WRONG! If, after all of this, P. Manning goes for the money and signs with the senile Bud Adams' team, I will BOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!! Peyton Manning like I BOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!! ALL OTHER TITANS PLAYERS.

Peyton is no longer an Indianapolis Colt. The Flaming Thumbtacks are a hated rival. Why are you still on this forum if you are a Peyton Manning fan and not a Colts fan? Just killing time until the "decision"?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though the OP stated in his post that he was referring to "some" Colt's fans, I have edited the title to include the word, "some", because I know there are many Colt's fans who do not feel anything even closely akin to hatred for Peyton.

As for me, I would prefer that he not chose the Titans. But, if he does, he does.

I will cheer for the Colts and I will cheer for Peyton (not the Titans or whichever team he choses). Should the meetings between the two teams result in a loss for the Colts, I will be sad for the Colts; but happy for Peyton. And vice versa.

I don't know if that makes me a Colt's fan, a Manning fan, a good fan, a bad fan, a bandwagon fan, or whatever. I just know that I can't cheer against the Colts or Peyton.

I think Denver because eventhough Tennessee had a little better record, they had a much better QB. Manning replacing Tebow is a much bigger upgrade at the most important position than Manning replacing Hasselbeck. However, there is still more to factor,in than just who the QB's were, such as who they have lost and who they have gained. Tennessee lost Finnegan, but picked up Hutchison. What was each teams injury situation last year? Did CJ have an off year from reporting late, or has his dedication gone down since signing a big contract? I would think Peyton will look at all those and several other things to see who he thinks has a better chance of winning. I think Denver would have a better chance, but I would concede that Peyton can probably make a better judgment on that than me.

I agree on the QB difference and I also agree that I would give Denver the edge on being the better team....I just don't think it's significant to the extent of being a no-brainer to choose them over Tennessee. I think there are other factors that come into play that might balance out the small perceived edge the Denver team may have. I honestly don't know that folks realize how deeply PM's affections are for the state and people of TN, not to mention his wife's family being here. As ya'll know, he's a different animal in many positive ways and his time here was much more than 4 years in college. his relationship here has continued and his emotional ties among many practical one's run well below the surface. So I'm just saying that I believe those things could easily counter a small football edge that Denver may have (and i'm not sure they have it....certainly not sure in PM's perception). Anyway, sorry to ramble on about it, but just not sure everyone understands how loved he is in TN and he loves this place too. It's not the same as Brett Favre playing for the Vikings. This is not just a division rival, this is a place that PM has a deep history, connection and love for.

And yeah, CJ was not good last year. Probably a mix of a late start and getting paid. Also, Kenny Britt can be an exceptional receiver but he was out hurt. The Titans have a very solid O line and a promising group of receivers especially if Britt can stay healthy...and if CJ decides to show up this year he can be great. Anyway, we'll see. PM may go Denver. I hope he goes Titans. Not because of getting back at the wonderful Colt fans. As a PM fan, i wish he could have finished out with the Colts....but as it's turned out, we'd love for him to play some football back inside the TN borders!

There are plenty of other teams that give him a better shot to get another SB and hopefully another SB ring. Tenn is not one of them. As I said last night, if he goes there, he is repeating what Farve basicially did. He would be just following in Farve's shadow. He will not win a SB with Tenn. I am sorry. I don't see it.

It would be one thing if other teams didn't want him and Tenn was his only option. He has to know, it will upset a lot of fans, he claimed to care about. I do believe he cares.

You are like the guy who dumps his wife for someone he thinks is younger and better then gets all upset over who his ex-wife is dating. :scratch:

Original poster said:

"...and anybody who boos PM is not a Colts fan either"

WRONG! If, after all of this, P. Manning goes for the money and signs with the senile Bud Adams' team, I will BOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!! Peyton Manning like I BOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!! ALL OTHER TITANS PLAYERS.

Peyton is no longer an Indianapolis Colt. The Flaming Thumbtacks are a hated rival. Why are you still on this forum if you are a Peyton Manning fan and not a Colts fan? Just killing time until the "decision"?

That's a pretty ungrateful attitude...

3fan

noun

Definition of FAN

: an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator

: an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit) <science-fiction fans>

Origin of FAN

probably short for fanatic

First Known Use: 1682

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fan

Above states that a fan is a devotee.

How can you be devoted to a team and want them to lose?

Dont blame me. Blame Webster. He wrote the definition.

its just a game people. you can still respect, miss, love manning AND root against him when he plays your team.

and people also need to understand the whole rivalry thing in sports, it's mostly a fan thing. the titans might be your divisial rival but to the players it's just another team. sure, the players acknowledge there is a rivalry there when playing for a team. but it's just a game. and if they need to find a job they will go to that rival. fanboys dont want to hear it but the players dont actually hate other teams because they are rivals.

Going to a division rival has a different feel to it considering he could of gone to about 20 other teams if he does indeed up in Tenn. I will be sure to boo him 10x harder than I would have if he had gone to the Dolphins or Broncos as well. I realize Tennesee if offering the entire state up to him but I hope he sees past it. If not and he does sign with him, I hope that Freeney and Mathis take advantage of the 2x we will play them.

With a Mcnabb level of success the team isn't likely to move. All I was saying that his play prevented it from being a possibility.

yes, 100%, i think we pretty much agree . . . not only did PM contribute significantly to converting many fans over to football, he helped a lot during those early years of his career till the Dungy, and the other supporting cast came along and they took off circa 2003 . . . and due to this the franchise should be here to stay for a long time, expecially if Luck has a decent career . .

we had the same sort of thing with the Pats in the 90s where there was pressure to move, but kraft, Parcells and especially Drew Bledsoe help keep the team in NE . . . not many people will give Bledsoe his due for helping keep the team in NE . . .

Basically this shows that Peyton Manning is no different than any other player. I know you guys want to build him up and believe that loyalty is the biggest thing...but look. He's going to do what he wants to do. He is no longer a Colt, and he cant make decisions from here on out worrying about how it affects the Colts.

When Vinatieri left, not only did he go to a rival, he went to our biggest rival...and some Colts fans were appalled when some boo'd him back at Foxboro. See...in our eyes, he will always be a Patriot, and once he retires, we will welcome him back with open arms and remember all he did for us. But when hes on that field against me, I want him to shank every kick he takes. I dont hate him, but hes doing all he can to beat my team, so Im going to do all I can to make sure he doesnt. Thats a natural reaction, and most objective and realistic fans know that its only a game and these guys are people too...and when all is said and done youll look at Peyton as a Colt again...but trust me, come summer when you see him wearing a different color jersey, it will hit you and you'll root against him when he comes to town. Whether it be light blue or dark blue...it wont be speed blue. Not until he hangs em up for good.

....trust me, come summer when you see him wearing a different color jersey, it will hit you and you'll root against him when he comes to town.

I'm not so sure about that ... a lot of these fans became Colts fans because of Manning. They jumped on the 12 win a season bandwagon - they are more of a Manning fan than they are a Colt fan. When the Colts have 2-3 under .500 seasons they wont be around cheering against Manning, specially if he happens to be off winning 11-12 games a year - they'll just go jump on that bandwagon.

I'm not so sure about that ... a lot of these fans became Colts fans because of Manning. They jumped on the 12 win a season bandwagon - they are more of a Manning fan than they are a Colt fan. When the Colts have 2-3 under .500 seasons they wont be around cheering against Manning, specially if he happens to be off winning 11-12 games a year - they'll just go jump on that bandwagon.

Im talking about the Colts fans...not the Manning-first fans. The Manning-first fans have already jumped ship...im talking about the ones who are sticking around to root for their TEAM and how they cant yet imagine seeing Peyton in a different jersey.

haha.

You and I do hope for the outcome that the Colts win! ;)

Definetly. It just takes time to move on for me.

But I'm starting to look froward to that first pre-season game when we finally see what we have.

Maybe I'm losing my grip but if Denver can make the playoffs with a bad rookie QB

..and a little luck.

...maybe we can do something with a rebuilt (and I'm thinking significantly improved) defense and a lot of Luck.

Definetly. It just takes time to move on for me.

But I'm starting to look froward to that first pre-season game when we finally see what we have.

Maybe I'm losing my grip but if Denver can make the playoffs with a bad rookie QB

..and a little luck.

...maybe we can do something with a rebuilt (and I'm thinking significantly improved) defense and a lot of Luck.

I think it is best to temper your expectations of a rebuilding team with a rookie QB, rookie HC, rookie GM.

I think a more reasonable expectation for the upcoming season is definite improvement from 2-14, with solid signs that the team is making big strides in improving on:

1) Special teams

2) Defense

3) Offense that is not hinged on the QB's special skill set.

With that said, we can always hope that the Colts will dominate every game they play!

If you hate peyton if he plays for tenn, then you arent a colts fan. If you merely root against him when he plays the colts and even hope his team loses every game then that is fine. But i agree with the op, there does seem to be some absurd hate for peyton among some fans.

I have not seen hate. Just people who say that if he plays against us....they are hoping for him to lose

seems like standard football fandom to me

i'm with frog. i want the colts to stomp their way to the lombardi winning every game 70-0. imagine how hated we'd be by the rest of the league

excellent.jpg

I want that as well. That would be a definite change because we sure did not have that philosophy or attitude in 2009.