Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So Now Some Colts Fan Hate Pm?

Mexicolt

They might not be in LA right now, but to think Peyton's presence really cemented this team in this city is really underestimating Peyton's importance to this team. This city really did nto care for the Colts before him. Sure there were occasions here and there with guys like Jim Harbaugh, but overall the interst was pretty low. You throw in a total bust in Ryan Leaf and it is pretty easy to see attedance going down, interst going down, and with how teams are so quick to move I would not be suprised if Manning in a way kept this team here.

I will not hate Manning, but as another poster said on another board I frequent if he goes to the Titans then the gloves come off. There is no hoping he does well. I will root for him to fail because his sucess in a Titans uniform only hurts the Colts.

I will be rooting for our defense to smash him and put him on his butt every single time they can.

Now if he goes to say Arizona then good for him and I hope he does well since he will be in the NFC, but to go to a divisional rival would just mean the gloves come off when rooting against him.

I love the guy and what he has done for the city, but I love the Colts more.

I agree, if he had the respect for the colts like he has always said he has, he would turn down the tennessee offer and play for denver or arizona. Miami lost their chance when they traded marshall. playing in tennessee will show he has no respect for colt fans or the team itself. reguardless if its just a buisness deal or not. you dont go to your division rival if you have that much respect for the team that you had played for your whole career. he goes to tennessee ill be rooting for him to get thrown around like a rag doll and get picked off 3 or 4 times and hope freeney,mathis,redding sack him atleast 2 or 3 times a piece. and with some hard hits to.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm somehow can't imagine how the Titans would be worse with Peyton. Somehow that defies logic to me.

Assuming he is healthy and age isn't starting to affect his play, yes, for the most part I agree.

My point is that it is seldom as simple as 1+1=2. Almost playoff caliber team PLUS highly sought after free agent DOES NOT OFTEN EQUAL Guaranteed Championships. There are a few... like Reggie White, or even Drew Brees (who also had tons of questions about his arm that off season)... but it doesn't happen as often as some seem to believe.

Maybe they will do it like they did for Edge.

I always thought they put him in the Ring of Honor and had a whole ceremony and stuff for him. I guess all they did was show a little video montage. I think that's the least they'll do for Manning.

Haven't written here yet...

So we all hate PM Mr.Mexicolt...no. You're generalizing and basing that we hate PM just off a couple of posts. Most of us (including me) still love PM and will root for him wherever he goes. With that being said, I will support him wherever he goes, but I'm still a Colts fan first.

I always thought they put him in the Ring of Honor and had a whole ceremony and stuff for him. I guess all they did was show a little video montage. I think that's the least they'll do for Manning.

I did too to start with. He should be up there. They will have the video for sure, but I doubt they do anything more than that until he's retired. You never know though.

I like Peyton Manning....and have cheered for him since the day he arrived in Indy.....BUT If Peyton Manning CHOOSES to go to the Titans, then I will root for him the same way i root for the Titans......and that is that they get their butts kicked every game.....they are in our division and don't deserve or merit anything but that kind of unsupport.......BOOOO TITANS.....therefor BOOO Manning......

Everyone says its just business......once again, I'm sorry, a year of NOT playing and getting paid MILLIONS to do so wasnt enough to keep him in Indy...so be it.....I don't owe him anything......ESPECIALLY if he goes to a rival, in our division.

Nice to know you but.......now you chose to be the enemy..........bye see ya......hopefully on your butt as much as possible.....

Sorry, it's just business.......

lol not one person has ever said he didnt want to restructure. multiple sources (including chris mortensen who broke the story) have said he was willing to restructure so he could retire a colt.

I think u just broke the story right here.

Link??

I am amazed at some people. I keep reading things like:

"If he goes to Tennessee I'll know his tears in the Presser were fake", "Reggie is a real Colt he came back and didn't go to Ten, he took a house discount... (compared to Manning who is considering Ten)", I will boo PM if he comes to town playing for Ten, He said he was a Colt for life, now he is considering a contract for life with a division rival, what an a hole. I'll never forgive him, treason was thrown out there in a tweet

People: WE RAN HIM OUT OF TOWN, we treated it like a business matter, we had a choice and we made it, period. He owes us and the enitre organization absolutely nothing. He risked hjs life, playing for three years with an injured vertebra, he got involved in the community, he built a hospital, he hosted charity events, he played his butt off for your city and your team and yes, our owner too. We fired him, and now he has every single right to go to whatever place values him the most both as a player and as a person.

This is business right? well, why is it all right for the franchise to tell him: bye, we'll take Luck, but hope you'll be a Colt for the rest of your life! thank you, here is a kick in your butt and have fun, we wish you the best. but it is wrong of him to say, well, this is business I am going to the Titans since they seem to want me there forever.

This team is not the victim and anybody who boos PM is not a Colts fan either, he made this team, he made this forums for god's sake! And if he wants to go out there and play QB for the Afghanistan national team, I will never root againist him.

rant off

your exactly right i will always back my colts first. but i am also cheering for PM he did not want to leave we forced him out. It was a perfect storm with Luck the cap issue we had no choice but neither did PM.

We can say hundreds of great things PM has done for this team, city and state, but saying he prevented the team from relocating to LA etc is pure drivel.

You can easily say that. Peyton made this a winning franchise again. The Colts are now 453-410-7 after Peyton. Minus Peyton the Colts are 312-343-7. That includes the major success of the Unitas era. Our time in Indy we are 90-149-0. That's pretty bad.

My issue with Manning joining the Titans is this:

1.) As a Colts fan, it makes no sense to root for Peyton's success, because every win the Titans get is a win that will encumber the Colts.

2.) Peyton will play us three times a year. Certainly no Colt fan would root against his or her team for Peyton's sake, right?

3.) Peyton will NOT win a championship with Tennessee. They're still reeling from the loss of Fisher (and other personnel), the ineptness of Chris Johnson, and having used a 1st round 8th overall pick on Jake Locker. Tennessee has no weapons, period.

So some people may be scratching their heads why people would hate Manning moving to Tennessee, but to me, it's obvious:

Never root against your team!

Peyton has strong ties to the state of Tennessee. If Bud Adams has truly offered him a "contract for life" (possible FO or ownership incentives for the future), how can anyone fault him for seriously considering this?

He said time and again that he wanted to stay in Indy. Whatever circumstances brought about that not happening, it isn't going to happen now. But that takes nothing away for what he has done for the team or the city of Indy.

If he does the same for Tennessee now, so what? The TN state legislation is passing measures now to try to get him here. lol The state loves Peyton. Is it really so easy to forget how amazing this person is? And I don't mean just the QB. I am talking what he brings to the culture and state of mind of the area and what he does off the field.

A few days ago, nearly everyone said they hoped he still won another ring or two. If that happened, it means Indy wasn't going to be winning those SBs. So why is it so horrible if his philanthropy (on and off the field) may go to TN now?

If he cannot have a long term future in Indy, I would be happy to have him settled in TN rather than Denver or Miami. It would be great for the state.

Just because you wish Peyton well doesn't mean you cannot still root for your own team.

Nothing like a misleading title. If this is a true business decision for Manning why would he sign with the Titans? They're not winning a SB title anytime soon, who does he have to throw to (Kenny Britt? Yea right the way he gets in trouble and injured he'll be suspended or on IR before Brandon Marshall pops another woman in the eye) and he compete with the Texans to win the division? I don't hate Manning, will never hate Manning, but if any of you want to see him end his career on a good note you'll likely hate his business decision to sign with the TItans because it makes no sense to do so.

I am amazed at some people. I keep reading things like:

"If he goes to Tennessee I'll know his tears in the Presser were fake", "Reggie is a real Colt he came back and didn't go to Ten, he took a house discount... (compared to Manning who is considering Ten)", I will boo PM if he comes to town playing for Ten, He said he was a Colt for life, now he is considering a contract for life with a division rival, what an a hole. I'll never forgive him, treason was thrown out there in a tweet

People: WE RAN HIM OUT OF TOWN, we treated it like a business matter, we had a choice and we made it, period. He owes us and the enitre organization absolutely nothing. He risked hjs life, playing for three years with an injured vertebra, he got involved in the community, he built a hospital, he hosted charity events, he played his butt off for your city and your team and yes, our owner too. We fired him, and now he has every single right to go to whatever place values him the most both as a player and as a person.

This is business right? well, why is it all right for the franchise to tell him: bye, we'll take Luck, but hope you'll be a Colt for the rest of your life! thank you, here is a kick in your butt and have fun, we wish you the best. but it is wrong of him to say, well, this is business I am going to the Titans since they seem to want me there forever.

This team is not the victim and anybody who boos PM is not a Colts fan either, he made this team, he made this forums for god's sake! And if he wants to go out there and play QB for the Afghanistan national team, I will never root againist him.

rant off

If Manning goes to a division rival I will forever hate him. Just being honest.

You can easily say that. Peyton made this a winning franchise again. The Colts are now 453-410-7 after Peyton. Minus Peyton the Colts are 312-343-7. That includes the major success of the Unitas era. Our time in Indy we are 90-149-0. That's pretty bad.

Absolutely, I'm not de-glorifying what the man has done, just tossing out the speculation that we would have loaded up the Mayflowers again had it not been for him. It's just as feasible to say without Manning we may have had a more balanced team, got lucky with another QB, and won 2 SB's.

Some just feel the need to over evaluate and use some sexy soundbites to enlarge his pedestal. I'm happy enough with what he did for the Colts.....happy enough, sorry to see him go, and now looking forward to the rebuild.

And if he goes to the Titans :flag:, good luck to him.

You can't say it was Peyton's choice to leave. The option was the team's option, not his. They chose to not pick it up, so he became a free agent. If they picked up the option he is here, period, whether he wants to be or not.

I will always root for the Colts regardless of who they are playing, however all this about Tennessee being such a huge rival and he is a traitor for going there is a bit over the top. It's not like this is a Yankees/Red Sox rivalry. They haven't even been our biggest rival the past 13 yrs. New England has been much more of a rival. Even within the division, Jacksonville has been more of a rival.

It happens with every mega-star that leaves their primary team. AND it's totally unfair of fans to expect Peyton to do anything except what's best for his career... PERIOD. The Colts released him, he didn't go explore the market. If he goes to the Titans, that's where he goes for himself and where he believes he has the best chance for a Superbowl.

We went through it when LaDainian Tomlinson was released and he didn't have as much gas left in the tank as PM does - assuming he can recover in the first place. It was NASTY. People were awful to a man that had given his heart and soul to his team and his city. Only now, two years later are the fans finding the soft spot in their hearts they once had for him.

I hate to say it but it will probably go much the same around here for PM and the fans.

This is really very ironic. Before Peyton came along, there weren't that many die-hard Colt fans in Indianapolis. Now because of the success they have had because of Peyton, people are such die-hard Colt fans they are saying they will hate him, lose all respect for him, etc if he goes to the "wrong" team. All I can say about that is, "Job well done, Peyton".

Absolutely, I'm not de-glorifying what the man has done, just tossing out the speculation that we would have loaded up the Mayflowers again had it not been for him. It's just as feasible to say without Manning we may have had a more balanced team, got lucky with another QB, and won 2 SB's.

Some just feel the need to over evaluate and use some sexy soundbites to enlarge his pedestal. I'm happy enough with what he did for the Colts.....happy enough, sorry to see him go, and now looking forward to the rebuild.

And if he goes to the Titans :flag:, good luck to him.

We could have won two Super Bowls? So which QB do we draft Tom, Ben, or Eli?

Ya know Peyton did a heck of alot for Indy, where do you think colts would be about now? We cut him. More power to him where ever he ends up. Just because you are a colts fan you cant be a Peyton fan?. Luck will have to earn his favorite status. Peyton already earned his

I'm ok(not really) with Peyton going to Ten, Irsay did release him so he can go wherever he wants. The only thing i don't like is the offer from Ten is to make him "a Titan for life", just what is this all about? Being a Cardinal BBall fan, just went thru this with Pujols signing a 10 yr service contract after he retires, meaning that when he goes into the HOF it will be as an Angel and he also cannot have anything to do with any STL oldtimers get togethers. Are the Titans trying to pull off the same kind of deal with Peyton? Would not want to see PM in the HOF as a Titan.

Assuming he is healthy and age isn't starting to affect his play, yes, for the most part I agree.

My point is that it is seldom as simple as 1+1=2. Almost playoff caliber team PLUS highly sought after free agent DOES NOT OFTEN EQUAL Guaranteed Championships. There are a few... like Reggie White, or even Drew Brees (who also had tons of questions about his arm that off season)... but it doesn't happen as often as some seem to believe.

Ohh yeah I agree for sure adding Peyton anywhere doesn't guarantee championships at all. We have no idea how he would fair, heck he could get injured again (hopefully not). But yeah I have to agree FA doesn't guarantee anything. I like how the Eagles failed last year with their acquisitions.

Doogan u say if pm is lighting the colts up u will cheer him on??? But ur a colts fan first?? This makes no sense to me at all? Maybe I'm not understanding what your trying to say here.

Doogan u say if pm is lighting the colts up u will cheer him on??? But ur a colts fan first?? This makes no sense to me at all? Maybe I'm not understanding what your trying to say here.

You can be a colts fan and still cheer for Manning what is amazing is how many people forget the meaning of rebuilding, the colts went 3-13 Petyon's rookie year and they are in a complete rebuild this time around, don't expect the colts to be that competitive against strong teams the first two years if the colts lose to Tenn led Peyton for a few years so be it at the end of the day we won't have to face him for that much longer anyway. I give Peyton 4 years tops before we see the tearful press conference.

I'm ok(not really) with Peyton going to Ten, Irsay did release him so he can go wherever he wants. The only thing i don't like is the offer from Ten is to make him "a Titan for life", just what is this all about? Being a Cardinal BBall fan, just went thru this with Pujols signing a 10 yr service contract after he retires, meaning that when he goes into the HOF it will be as an Angel and he also cannot have anything to do with any STL oldtimers get togethers. Are the Titans trying to pull off the same kind of deal with Peyton? Would not want to see PM in the HOF as a Titan.

When he enters the HOF Tenn will be mentioned as a team he played for unless requested by Peyton you go in with the team where you began your career with, but ultimately it's Peyton's choice which team he represents in the HOF

Probably not but word is grigson is in talks about Trading the seventh round pick to go back in time to sign Ty law.

I bet Ty Law in a wheelchair could still pick off Peyton and have a good chance of getting 6.

I would bet money on it.

I bet Ty Law in a wheelchair could still pick off Peyton and have a good chance of getting 6.

I would bet money on it.

Well pick him off maybe because I swear he is just a Peyton manning magnent. I don't know about six Peyton might be slow but if cant run down law in a wheel chair I am giving up all hope.

You can't say it was Peyton's choice to leave. The option was the team's option, not his. They chose to not pick it up, so he became a free agent. If they picked up the option he is here, period, whether he wants to be or not.

I will always root for the Colts regardless of who they are playing, however all this about Tennessee being such a huge rival and he is a traitor for going there is a bit over the top. It's not like this is a Yankees/Red Sox rivalry. They haven't even been our biggest rival the past 13 yrs. New England has been much more of a rival. Even within the division, Jacksonville has been more of a rival.

I glad someone remembered they're history as long as Peyton isn't suiting up for NE im at peace with wherever he goes. I know that the years that we got to enjoy him for will far outweigh any time spent playing for division rival. I'm not expecting the colt's to take the AFC south for a few years anyway

Well pick him off maybe because I swear he is just a Peyton manning magnent. I don't know about six Peyton might be slow but if cant run down law in a wheel chair I am giving up all hope.

I think it depends on how fast Law can move on wheels.

I like the direction we are headed in right now.

:facepalm:

It's true.

I would prefer Tracy Porter though. He is younger.

We need to get a Peyton killer on the Colts if he is with the Titans. Who will it be? Maybe it will be a suprise we draft or he is already here.

Anything to give the Colts an edge.

I understand this to a T...Why didn't they restructure the contract....?

I don't know why they didn't restructure the contract.

Perhaps neither party was really interested in restructuring the contract.

Perhaps Peyton saw the writing on the wall that the Colts were indeed rebuilding (as has since come to pass)

Perhaps Irsay did not see the use of hampering Peyton's desire to win SBs keeping him here in the twilight of his career with a rebuilding team.

Perhaps Peyton did not want to give up any money.

Perhaps Irsay did not want to pay very much money.

Who knows?