Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 53 Man Cut Transactions Thread

Some details on today and tomorrow....

Aug. 31

Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must reduce rosters to a maximum of 53 players on the Active/Inactive List.

Simultaneously with the cut-down to 53, clubs that have players in the categories of Active/Physically Unable to Perform or Active/Non-Football Injury or Illness must select one of the following options: place player on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform or Reserve/NonFootball Injury or Illness, whichever is applicable; request waivers; terminate contract; trade contract; or continue to count the player on the Active List.

Sept. 1

Claiming period for players placed on waivers at the final roster reduction will expire at 12:00 noon, New York time.

Upon receipt of the Personnel Notice at approximately 1:00 p.m., New York time, clubs may establish a Practice Squad of 10 players (clubs participating in the International Player Development Program may sign one additional international player to a Practice Player Contract.) No club, including the player’s prior club, will be permitted to sign a player to a Practice Player Contract until all clubs have received simultaneous notification via the above Personnel Notice that such player’s prior NFL player contract has been terminated via the waiver system.

https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/2019-20-important-nfl-dates/

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ummmmm   the final score was Colts 13 Bengals 6.... wouldn’t that mean the Colts won and thus are not winless in the preseason(not that it matters) Or am I seeing things?

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

11th hour predictions.....

Munyer likely gets cut in favor of a waiver wire pick-up even if he makes the 53

It's Milton vs Collins at CB

Hentges is going to the PS

Both Ware and West will be cut IF one of Wilkins or Williams is healthy

If Dolegal somehow cuts cut by the Bengals then he's our man at QB - it was a coin toss between he and Kelly previously - as Ballard did with Banogu and Okereke, "Why not get both?" lol

Milton will stay. Too valuable on ST.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I agree

I was saying that none of the guys mentioned by @Fisticuffs111 Are Gs first

Do they need to be Gs? I think tackle/Center is more important. We saw what happened when Castonzo/Kelly were out.

11 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

11th hour predictions.....

Munyer likely gets cut in favor of a waiver wire pick-up even if he makes the 53

It's Milton vs Collins at CB

Hentges is going to the PS

Both Ware and West will be cut IF one of Wilkins or Williams is healthy

If Dolegal somehow cuts cut by the Bengals then he's our man at QB - it was a coin toss between he and Kelly previously - as Ballard did with Banogu and Okereke, "Why not get both?" lol

It's Dolegala...and the Bengals are probably keeping him.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, IndyScribe said:

Milton will stay. Too valuable on ST.

Do they need to be Gs? I think tackle/Center is more important. We saw what happened when Castonzo/Kelly were out.

It is always good you have a G backup so if you have injuries to you starters at C and T, you don’t throw an New signee in at G if an injury happens there

Some coaches do not like to overload a player with more than they can handle

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It is always good you have a G backup so if you have injuries to you starters at C and T, you don’t throw an New signee in at G if an injury happens there

Agree! Although with Mudd now involved again he likes versatility. Which in some cases means you can carry 1 less Ol men on the roster.

Uh, what are the Texans doing? They need Oline more than Carlos Hyde.

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

You're right, but Colts already have several backup guards in Haeg/Clark.

Something has to give here with the colts CB group. Wonder who it is going to be.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Trade him here. We'll give them a 3rd round pick like Seattle! haha

He doesn’t really fit our system.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Something has to give here with the colts CB group. Wonder who it is going to be.

He doesn’t really fit our system.

He's actually a better pocket passer than people give him credit for. I think he'd do fantastic under Reich with this O-Line and receiving core. He's a lot like Luck was IMO.

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This one stinks. Was hoping him and Phillips could make the team.

There was always zero chance Dullin could stay. He will certainly need a year on a PS. Phillips was similar, he had too many draft picks ahead of him and high priced FA to stick. I loved both as well.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Not sure about that. He looks fast but he is still so green. 

I don’t think he is as far off as you think and he can always flip over in a pinch to safety. I see him over Collins from what we’ve seen and for his potential over Collins. Collins just looked bad this preseason 

• Like 1