Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 53 Man Cut Transactions Thread

LucasOilStadium

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

lol it’s official

OUCH. I liked the potential of Mingo as an off-ball LB before we cut him, but he's definitely not a good pass rusher. Texans got bamboozled and it's not surprising given how shaky their FO is without a GM.

19 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Oh wow...that would just be a terrible trade for Houston.

21 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Sounds like Clowney had Houston in a corner

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

lol it’s official

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Funny

Wow oh wow. Unless the Texans know something we don’t, they just got fleeced... badly.

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Anyone who still thinks the colts are not the favorites to win the AFC South are crazy. The jags will probably try hard with that defense but the colts are the best team in the south even without Luck.

You could not EVER measure my level of happiness if you are correct ……..But I (for now at least )think you gotta slow your roll on that just a bit  (at this point in time at least )

50 minutes ago, Douzer said:

I don't think the Colts are keeping 10 receivers. 4 TEs and 6 WRs. Another name is going to drop (in a trade hopefully).

Yeah, it's very possible. You'd think it'd be Hentges or Pascal as the odd man out if we get rid of any of them but who knows at this point. If it's Hentges hopefully we get him on the PS.

I just have this irrational fear that NE might want to scoop him up. They have a need at TE and Belichick loves those blocking TE's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Yes 

pizza yes GIF

That was my exact feeling when I seen this news! 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

lol it’s official

That’s a pretty low return for someone who is considered an elite edge rusher. You just have to wonder if the Texans weighed the amount of a huge contract with the expected injuries and games missed he will have over the life of the contract. He is a tough case to evaluate for me because of his injuries and the contract he is demanding. Idk, I was against trying to trade for him and then pay a huge contract but giving a 3 and a couple scrubs in the mix, I probably could have managed that. 

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

But wouldn't they get a comp pick in return if he signed elsewhere?

I couldn’t imagine he wouldn’t have landed the highest level of comp pick for Clowney so Texas must like the two guys they got. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jdubu said:

I couldn’t imagine he wouldn’t have landed the highest level of comp pick for Clowney so Texas must like the two guys they got. 

Either that or they really did make that bad of a trade.  They're not ever going to say it, lol, but that could very well be the case.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, it's very possible. You'd think it'd be Hentges or Pascal as the odd man out if we get rid of any of them but who knows at this point. If it's Hentges hopefully we get him on the PS.

The Colts say they want to run the ball. To do that they'll need good blocking from the TE & WR positions. Hentges is already a better blocker than Cox and Pascal is better than Rogers. I wonder how that fits in their calculations.

Also, I have to think they'd keep Hentges in a roster jam, as up and coming TE's aren't as plentiful as WR's are in the FA market.

• Like 2

2 hours left and it's still been fairly quiet on the Eastern Front......these coaches must be banging on the tables to keep certain guys while the scouts are banging away on film of the recent cuts...

Keelan Davis (WR) was just released by the Raiders for God only knows why.......he was the star of the preseason for them. It would be like us cutting Deon Cain last preseason (or this one too) or Daurice Fountain this year. Dumb.....

• Like 1