Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 53 Man Cut Transactions Thread

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I would be shocked if Green makes it. There just isn’t room. I would keep ward over him.

Yeah, he only makes it if we keep 10 and cut somebody like Stewart or Ward. But since Ward and Stewart are both inside guys and we could use some depth there...we'll see, yeah.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ummmmm   the final score was Colts 13 Bengals 6.... wouldn’t that mean the Colts won and thus are not winless in the preseason(not that it matters) Or am I seeing things?

Posted Images

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Hate that cut

We all are disliking some of these cuts because in the years past, guys like these would have made our team and made it better. Now , the team is just deeper. Plethora of DE’s to challenge. Tons of Wr’s. 5 extremely solid Olineman and then nothing else behind them at all. The team is in great shape and selfishly I hope we can put several of our cuts on the PS but for them, I’d love to see them get their shot and succeed. With the return of Fountain next year, and depending on the success of DF in our offense this year, we won’t have any needs for receiver next year either. I am not sure about Carrol as he just looks too small at the end rush. Maybe he makes 1 out of 50 snaps be a sack or hurry by his speed but I’d have to think he is a liability in the run game. Could be wrong, wish them all luck. 

17 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Anyone else hoping we take a look at recently released guard Christian Westerman?

This time of year, you don't 'take a look'.  If a guy is better than those on your v53 man roster, you put in a claim. Lot's of film study and evaluation here. If you claim and get him, you put him on your 53 man and must cut one off of it. Otherwise you wait for the waiver/claim deadline and action to pass,  and then build your P.S.

• Like 1
Just now, csmopar said:

Do we even keep 4 TEs?

Keeping 3 TEs when 1 is a spread TE and another is a basketball convert is like keeping 1 QB

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It makes sense to keep Hale because he is basically Doyle’s backup. Ross is to much like cox and Ebron.

I would say yes we keep 4 TE.

Agreed

3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

We use at least 3 TE's in a game with Reich. And I think you've gotta have a backup in case one goes down. I also think we keep 4. 

I could see Hentges at times being used like we did Hewitt.

There will be times 1 TE would be used. We’ll see.

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I hate to be so blunt, but there's no way we'll ever only use one TE in a game.

We are both speculating. I don’t think you know what what they will do for a certainty. In many situations it would be logical to use a wealth of talent at WR especially when one is as large as a TE.

WOW! I don't know if they would have wanted to trade him to us but We could have given them like... Matthew Adams and Skai Moore + a 3d for Clowney... :P 

Also - about Hentges - still not sure he makes the roster, but if he does, this continues the long trend of the UDFA that gets paid the most to make the roster. Every year, when you look at the numbers for the UDFAs put an asterisk to the name that gets inordinately high signing bonus. It's very likely the FO/coaching staff are really high on him. 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

WOW! I don't know if they would have wanted to trade him to us but We could have given them like... Matthew Adams and Skai Moore + a 3d for Clowney... :P 

Also - about Hentges - still not sure he makes the roster, but if he does, this continues the long trend of the UDFA that gets paid the most to make the roster. Every year, when you look at the numbers for the UDFAs put an asterisk to the name that gets inordinately high signing bonus. It's very likely the FO/coaching staff are really high on him. 

IMO he replaces Hewitt in that blocking/H-Back Role

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Anyone who still thinks the colts are not the favorites to win the AFC South are crazy. The jags will probably try hard with that defense but the colts are the best team in the south even without Luck.

Eh. I don't think it's crazy to suggest that it could be neck and neck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I don't get why there are a lot of people on this forum that keep entertaining the idea of either signing another RB or drafting one. Okay maybe you draft one in the 6th for "depth or special teams" however the Colts DO NOT need a RB.   Taylor, Hines, and Wilkins is all that is needed.    
    • I agree we don't disagree, except really on the details on how it would work.    On the draft class in general, it's a really good class for two positions IMO. WR and T. I think we can get away with a T in the 2nd, and be just fine with Nelson playing on the rook's hip. Might take the rook half the season to adjust, but again, Nelson makes it easier just being there. I say that because I think we need to go DE in R1, instead of using 2nd and 3rd rounders on developmental DEs like we've done in Ballard's tenure here. It's just hard to get a 3 down DE after the 1st. T on the other hand, looks pretty good in the 2nd..... That assumes they evaluate and pick the right one of course. They've done good in that area (Smith), so I'm going to trust they can.   And not saying QBs are the only leaders in the locker room. I'm just saying comparing Brady and Manning is a horrible comp. QB is unlike any position. And Watts injury situation the last 2 years makes the gamble pretty big. Like I said, I'd love to have him if we can fill the other holes. It's really not that hard to look at the holes, and do the math.
    • He's got his size going against him, but man is he an athletic freak. I'm hoping he has worked to pack some good weight on himself, while at the same time, not losing speed. He's obviously got high value on STs, I just hope he doesn't lose that value while trying to make himself better suited for CB play. While I know he's a total wildcard, still can't help being excited about his potential. 
    • Godwin has had 1 above average to good season in 4 years. In a year where his yardage was inflated and even Jameis Winston threw for 5000yds in Arians deep attack offense. Everything else has been very middle of the pack.   Thanks for helping prove my point on his drops in the biggest moments though. I didn't even go there, so thanks. He does have usually reliable hands though, I will give you that.   And YOU were the one that brought it here, with your "opinions" and statements after the fact, more on that later.   So PFF said Godwin is "probably" more valuable than Q/DL combined? Or was that you?   So PFF said that we should consider trading Q/ or DL for Godwin? Or was that you?   I'm arguing in bad faith? Or is that you? I have delivered nothing but facts here and the only disputed issues are your opinions, that you are trying to push back on PFF now, as theirs and just your interpretation of them.   Then lets back it up a little bit. I already agreed to disagree, tried to bring the conversation back to the graphs, then YOU made 2 more post with statements of the following:   1. Godwin is really good, some people want to act like he is a scrub.   No one said that at all. Another opinion of yours that was off based.   2. Colts fans are blinded by our own guys and players on TBs super bowl winning team don't compare. (This was the see later part). "Nothing new here"   Haeg almost had a TD catch in the SB, if Miller would of even had 1 catch, then he would of had just as much impact on the Super Bowl as Godwin(who essentially had none). So again you were the one to say stars on TB "super bowl winning team", as if it had any relevance.        I wouldn't mind bringing in Godwin as a FA, no where near what he probably expects to get though, or breaking the bank you talked about.   You mean those premium pass catching weapons that TB defense shut down? They were the real "stars" of the Super Bowl. TB defense was great this season.   I guess Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Tyreke Hill were more valuable than Brady, Barrett, Pierre Paul, Suh, White, David, Davis, Donovan Smith, Wirfs, Marpet, Cappa and even Mahomes or Chris Jones   And lets also not forget the fact that KCs LT was out.   So there is a list of my most important positions. QB - Brady, Mahomes LT - Smith, lack of Fisher DE/OLB - Barrett, Paul DT/DE - Suh, Jones(arguably 2nd most important player on Chiefs) CB - Davis G - Marpet, Cappa(helping keep Brady clean)   Even threw a couple of those invaluable LBers in there as well. Just for fun. They weren't very valuable though I guess? In actuality they might of been the most valuable pieces in the game.     More bad faith arguments by YOU. Just saying, just cause a team has a premium pass cather doesn't make that guy the most valuable or the reason that team made the Super Bowl.     Hopefully we can get back to the graphs, once again, but I suspect you will feel the need to continually tell me why WRs are still more valuable.
    • I couldn’t find the actual number of drops for TY but there’s some pretty decent receivers with more than him. I think it’s overblown a bit, since he had a couple, early in the year.     He led the team in yards last year. I hope he gets a two year deal here.   https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232
  • Members

• NFLfan

NFLfan 8,290

Moderators
    • Moosejawcolt

Moosejawcolt 1,547

• w87r

w87r 5,015

Moderators
    • Indeee

Indeee 368

• DiogoSales