Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 53 Man Cut Transactions Thread

LucasOilStadium

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I would be shocked if Green makes it. There just isn’t room. I would keep ward over him.

Yeah, he only makes it if we keep 10 and cut somebody like Stewart or Ward. But since Ward and Stewart are both inside guys and we could use some depth there...we'll see, yeah.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Hate that cut

We all are disliking some of these cuts because in the years past, guys like these would have made our team and made it better. Now , the team is just deeper. Plethora of DE’s to challenge. Tons of Wr’s. 5 extremely solid Olineman and then nothing else behind them at all. The team is in great shape and selfishly I hope we can put several of our cuts on the PS but for them, I’d love to see them get their shot and succeed. With the return of Fountain next year, and depending on the success of DF in our offense this year, we won’t have any needs for receiver next year either. I am not sure about Carrol as he just looks too small at the end rush. Maybe he makes 1 out of 50 snaps be a sack or hurry by his speed but I’d have to think he is a liability in the run game. Could be wrong, wish them all luck. 

17 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Anyone else hoping we take a look at recently released guard Christian Westerman?

This time of year, you don't 'take a look'.  If a guy is better than those on your v53 man roster, you put in a claim. Lot's of film study and evaluation here. If you claim and get him, you put him on your 53 man and must cut one off of it. Otherwise you wait for the waiver/claim deadline and action to pass,  and then build your P.S.

• Like 1

Just now, csmopar said:

Do we even keep 4 TEs?

Keeping 3 TEs when 1 is a spread TE and another is a basketball convert is like keeping 1 QB

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It makes sense to keep Hale because he is basically Doyle’s backup. Ross is to much like cox and Ebron.

I would say yes we keep 4 TE.

Agreed

3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

We use at least 3 TE's in a game with Reich. And I think you've gotta have a backup in case one goes down. I also think we keep 4. 

I could see Hentges at times being used like we did Hewitt.

There will be times 1 TE would be used. We’ll see.

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I hate to be so blunt, but there's no way we'll ever only use one TE in a game.

We are both speculating. I don’t think you know what what they will do for a certainty. In many situations it would be logical to use a wealth of talent at WR especially when one is as large as a TE.

WOW! I don't know if they would have wanted to trade him to us but We could have given them like... Matthew Adams and Skai Moore + a 3d for Clowney... :P 

Also - about Hentges - still not sure he makes the roster, but if he does, this continues the long trend of the UDFA that gets paid the most to make the roster. Every year, when you look at the numbers for the UDFAs put an asterisk to the name that gets inordinately high signing bonus. It's very likely the FO/coaching staff are really high on him. 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

WOW! I don't know if they would have wanted to trade him to us but We could have given them like... Matthew Adams and Skai Moore + a 3d for Clowney... :P 

Also - about Hentges - still not sure he makes the roster, but if he does, this continues the long trend of the UDFA that gets paid the most to make the roster. Every year, when you look at the numbers for the UDFAs put an asterisk to the name that gets inordinately high signing bonus. It's very likely the FO/coaching staff are really high on him. 

IMO he replaces Hewitt in that blocking/H-Back Role

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Anyone who still thinks the colts are not the favorites to win the AFC South are crazy. The jags will probably try hard with that defense but the colts are the best team in the south even without Luck.

Eh. I don't think it's crazy to suggest that it could be neck and neck.