Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tampering Day 2

55 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Shut up you baby,  it was obviously a joke. There were no reports or anything. A lot of bell reports were being posted in here so I was joking around and posted that in here. 

I've hidden your 'Joke' post.  That is against the forum rules that you agreed to when you signed up.

Strike 1

Also, while you later insist that calling someone a baby and telling them to shut up is not name calling, it is what I call 'inflammatory', which is also (as you may have guessed) is against the forum rules.

Strike 2.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

The jets are better prepared for the future than the ravens the ravens QB isnt good and the D is getting worse the longer FA goes on 

The Ravens are a proven team that Bell has seen a lot. Jets have been division bottom dwellers 

What's the over/under on how many of these high priced free agents will be demanding trades from these bad teams in 2 years?  I realize you get as much $$$ as you can, because no NFL career is guaranteed to last due to potential injury, but I would also think where you play is worth something.  Take a little less cash and play for a contender.  We know money doesn't buy happiness, but I would be happy looking at a nice big Super Bowl Championship ring for a long time.

4 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

The Ravens are a proven team that Bell has seen a lot. Jets have been division bottom dwellers 

That's where the ravens will be too they lost key defenders and Jackson sucks and cant pass a football. The jets prolly take over that division after BB and Brady retire. They have improved the o line this year and darnold keeps improving more and more. 

Just now, Barry Sears said:

What's the over/under on how many of these high priced free agents will be demanding trades from these bad teams in 2 years?  I realize you get as much $$$ as you can, because no NFL career is guaranteed to last due to potential injury, but I would also think where you play is worth something.  Take a little less cash and play for a contender.  We know money doesn't buy happiness, but I would be happy looking at a nice big Super Bowl Championship ring for a long time.

That ring won’t pay for your retirement, we’ve seen many broke athletes auction theirs off. I will never criticize someone for doing what’s right for their family/future. NFL is crazy, it can all end in one play. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MightyLucks said:

That ring won’t pay for your retirement, we’ve seen many broke athletes auction theirs off. I will never criticize someone for doing what’s right for their family/future. NFL is crazy, it can all end in one play. 

I agree and that was part of my point.  But, given the choice of playing for a contender with a few less dollars in your pocket, or cashing in an playing for a loser, I would take the former.

2 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

I agree and that was part of my point.  But, given the choice of playing for a contender with a few less dollars in your pocket, or cashing in an playing for a loser, I would take the former.

It’s not just a few bucks we are talking about. It’s millions. That was  my point. 

8 minutes ago, MightyLucks said:

Come on. We are talking  millions no matter where you play. They aren’t going to be broke because they took a few million less to play for a contender. 

30 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Come on. We are talking  millions no matter where you play. They aren’t going to be broke because they took a few million less to play for a contender. 

That also means you are talking about compound interest....  on several million.... you can never make that up.  That's why Leveon Bell not playing hurt him so much, not for the next 10 years.... but for the next 30 or more.

10 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

That also means you are talking about compound interest....  on several million.... you can never make that up.  That's why Leveon Bell not playing hurt him so much, not for the next 10 years.... but for the next 30 or more.

Earl Thomas played and his injury is going to cost him more than LB not playing for a year.

• Like 1

What up fellas?  I see it's been a busy day here and in almost-free agency.  Now that most of the big names are off the board who are we going to ink?  Many of the guys left don't fit the scheme or the Colts mold, so that starts to narrow it down.

I was for Collins (gone), but Bryce Callahan and Darius Philon are still in the mix.  Verrett too.

I could see us giving a 1-year deal to Ziggy Ansah with some injury provisions or something.  

There are a lot of corners still on the market, including Desir and Rashaan Melvin.  Predictions?

2 hours ago, TomDiggs said:

This could have been the potential market Glowinski had if we did not lock him up.

Got him for half price essentially.

I'm not sure those two players were viewed in the same light.    They're not the same.

Saffold has been solid for a number of years.     Glowinski has been good for roughly 9 games.

That said....    Glowinski clearly could've gotten more on the open FA market.    I'm sure he knows he took less.     The question is....   how much less?    Not sure we'll ever know.   But he got a number he was happy to sign for.     So there is that.

Just now, richard pallo said:

He wants to be a Colt.  That price is not overpaying for Bell.  Hope Ballard goes and get's him.  

If Bell could he had for that price then it would be a disaster if we don't sign him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He wants to be a Colt.  That price is not overpaying for Bell.  Hope Ballard goes and get's him.  

I wasn't in favor of giving Bell a big contract. But if it's Funchess money...why not? Draft a WR and let's do this. . 

• Like 1

So who hasn't signed yet...
E Thomas
N Suh
J Houston
KJ Wright
E Ansah
R Darby
B Callahan
S Barrett
H Clinton-Dix
M Brown

Wouldn't mind any of these guys... still would like to re-sign Desir and Geathers though :/

Edited by RNGDShobby

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm not sure those two players were viewed in the same light.    They're not the same.

Saffold has been solid for a number of years.     Glowinski has been good for roughly 9 games.

That said....    Glowinski clearly could've gotten more on the open FA market.    I'm sure he knows he took less.     The question is....   how much less.    Not sure we'll ever know.   But he got a number he was happy to sign for.     So there is that.

I can't imagine they are.

1 minute ago, RNGDShobby said:

So who hasn't signed yet...
E Thomas
N Suh
J Houston
KJ Wright
E Ansah
R Darby
B Callahan
S Barrett
H Clinton-Dix

Wouldn't mind any of these guys... still would like to re-sign Desir and Geathers though :/

Some interesting names. But plenty of teams are doing exactly what the Colts are doing...waiting to see if they can get value.

• Like 1

Just now, csmopar said:

Hmmm the question I think teams are asking, where is he at physically, rumor was a few weeks back that he’d put on a lot of weight this fall. So which version of bell are you gonna get

I'm sure teams would all have their sources to know if that is true or not. My guess is it's not with the amouny of Bell hate there has been all year. 

A bit of rust could be a concern. But with a whole training camp I'm sure he'll hit the ground running in week one.